FOODS TO NEVER EAT!

Options

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    rice, bread, pasta. I'm glad it's forever out of my diet.

NotSureifserious.jpg
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    <-- is Italian. Pasta is an essential food group! :bigsmile:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    personally? I have to avoid sodas(all), pastry - white flour, in general and pasta in general. I allow myself whole grain bread & pasta occasionally or I feel deprived BUT in moderation. no more eating a whole box of mac & cheese =#
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    My bf told me to have a cheat day. Not to say I can go crazy though! I don't eat chocolate as it gives me spots, so i will have a wrap with chicken, dressing and salad.(from the shop cause they taste better!) Or cake or a big cookie :) I eat 5-6 times a day so I don't crave
  • ApproachingDusk
    Options
    I eat a lot less bread/rice now. Mostly because it does have a higher calorie content and I would rather have more veggies than pasta/rice/bread.

Though I did make some home made waffles this weekend....
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    No more lard right out of the can for me.

OK, really nothing is off the table. Moderation in the bad things, more fruit, vegetables and nuts. How can you live without pasta. Now that's just nuts.

I have pretty much eliminated soda. On very rare occasions I will have a Coke Zero.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I've been told that instead of white rice or normal pasta, whole grain everything! Also, check the calories of your favourite dishes... I love pad thai and butter chicken but can rarely indulge unless I make it myself because eating out, the portion sizes are about 1200 calories or more for one dinner... ug.
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I practice everything in moderation. The only thing that I changed in my diet is portion control. I still eat pasta and rice (the refined kind) but in smaller portion. If I'm craving chocolate I let myself have two-three pieces instead of devouring the whole bar. I've learned from past experiences that restricting myself from certain foods only lead me to binge. I rather deal with my cravings early on, rather than letting it build-up to the point of no return.
  • MedievalFreak
    Options
    The only thing I try to completely avoid is anything with hydrogenated oils in it. But other than that, I have whatever I want. I'm not a "clean eater" so I will eat processed foods occasionally, and just yesterday I had a small slice of cheesecake. It was amazing, and I'm still down this morning.

I also try to travel a lot, and if I'm in Italy, you can bet your *kitten* that I'm eating pasta. If I dont indulge occasionally, I'd be miserable...
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Brown rice , wheat pasta and wheat breads. Some things people still have in moderation I have given up only because I try to follow the " no nutritional value no eat" rule as much as possible. So things like sodas, candy cakes etc are out. Friend chicken is a favorite ( I may live in NY but I am still a NC girl) I have not had it in about a year and miss it :( Sometimes for health you DO have to make sacrifices!
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You can eat everything in moderation. That's the best thing about a lifestyle change. :)

:flowerforyou:
    I second that...it's a lifestyle change...not a diet. If you deprive yourself you will eventually fail....it's a learning process.
    It took me 6 weeks to get my new "lifestyle" way of eating, then came the exercise...now I have learnt how to balance and treat myself everyone and a while with something I don't eat everyday...I do a "treat day/meal" one or twice a month...just stay in your daily calorie intake and you are fine!!!

This is just some "personal" advice from someone who has come along way....

:smile:
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    What kind of rice is best? I thought all wholegrain tended to be better for u.

I don't want to eliminate these foods from my diet-just know what ones should be eating occasionally/in smaller amounts :)

Lundburg Family Farms makes an amazing rice blend--lemme see if I can find a link . . .

http://www.lundberg.com/products/rice/gourmet_rice_blends/Lundberg_Wild_Blend®.aspx

Best rice I've ever had--totally turned me onto rice when I had never liked it before. Super tasty, goes great in recipes!

Kris
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    <-- is Italian. Pasta is an essential food group! :bigsmile:

Ditto! Hence my earlier comment about being genetically predisposed to eat it! A life without pasta and polenta is pretty unthinkable for me! And I don't favour integrale pasta either - so wrong IMO! :laugh:
  • evesacks
    evesacks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ideally never eat food with no redeeming factors - ie with lots of trans fats, high fructose corn syrup. Foods that are very processed.

Also never eat foods that you don't especially enjoy that aren't healthy & are calorific - for me crisps. full sugar soda. Waste of calories, save them for something you love!

Other than that its about moderation.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely for everything in moderation, today I have eaten white bread, pastry and cheese, things that on most days I avoid but I have also eaten plenty of fresh veg & done some exercise, counted everything & enjoyed my food :)
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I eat white rice, bread, pasta, sugar MAYBE once or twice a month. I try to avoid soybean oil and other soy products (excluding stuff that's fermented). I try to avoid any sweetener (even agave), but when it's mentally necessary, chocolate is eaten quite frequently.

"Foods" that I always avoid, no matter what it's in, are: high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, sodium benzoate, MSG (unless it's naturally occurring, like in dashi), and hydrolized any-kind-of-protein. I guess these are more ingredients, than actual foods.

Basically, I try to avoid stuff that will make my body go, "WT$ is that?!?!"
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much everything in moderation, with one exception. I don't eat white rice. I'm a T1 diabetic and it's the hardest thing on Blood Sugar. It's been years, and I don't miss it. I do eat pasta, generally a whole grain variety, and bread, again whole grain/LC. But to be honest, I just have to have one PB&J on Wonder once a month!
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I would just like to point out, yet again, why I love MFP so much. For the longest time, all anybody heard about losing weight or watching your weight was "Don't eat this" or "Don't eat that"... almost everyone has emphasized moderation. I love it! :)
    Couldn't Agree More!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Foods to never eat?

Uncooked bones from human sacrifices to the vegetable gods.
    Alien unicorn horns.
    Space dust.
    Easter eggs from 1989...and ONLY 1989.
    Bigfoot fur.
  • PandaFlight
    Options
    Fizzy drinks/soda are the only things I can think of. Maybe non-natural trans fats and high fructose corn syrup.

Soda is the worst. It has no nutritional value and people (literally) just throw it down their gullet and that's that. No savouring the taste or the texture, just goes straight in and onto your stomach/hips/thighs/arms/back.