Brides to Be! Challenge for August (closed group)

Options
123457»

Replies

• MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello Brides!!!

I found an awesome website yesterday for some DIY decorating ideas. Ruffled.com

We are doing a vintage theme and they have some amazing ideas! :love:

Thanks for the link! I'm ordered to the couch for a few days due to a pulled muscle in my back...bleh.....this should keep me busy!

So girls...I totally sucked on the last 2 challenges....what's next?
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    hey ladies - sorry i have been MIA also....family vacation and started a new job last week- yay!

I'm officialy less than a month to the wedding. Had my fitting last thursday and it went well. I think i'd be safe to lose a few more pounds as she made it really tight. Luckily I have a halter so i wont have a dress falling down issue if i do lose a bit. If anyone uses the instagram app on their phone at all, i have a picture of my dress on there, but nothing saved on the computer :)

We finalized readings and cake flavors and the photog called to go over some things. Still have a ton to do but i dont know what to do next. Had a minor crisis last week when i found out that the organist i thought I had booked cant do it.....it will all work out though

heres a random question for you guys. My fiance and I elected not to give each other gifts the day of the wedding, but i cant follow that :) I found a nice pocket knife (may seem odd, but he'd use it....he alwasy has at least two on him) that can be engraved. It can only have 20 characters on it though. I am trying to thing of something cute but not too mushy to put on it. I was thinking just the date of the wedding, but do you guys have any other suggestions?
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Maybe an inside joke?
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Last check in tomorrow!!! So not ready! lol, anyone feeling nervous? I am excited to keep this challenge going though! Really has helped give me a boost! I pay more attention to what I eat and how I exercise! Love it!
  • MrsSmith1112
    Options
    Last check in tomorrow!!! So not ready! lol, anyone feeling nervous? I am excited to keep this challenge going though! Really has helped give me a boost! I pay more attention to what I eat and how I exercise! Love it!

I'm nervous! This last week has been brutal on me considering the fact that I have been dealing with a hurt back AND my TOM! UGH! I have tried to really be conscious of my diet the last day or two....I guess we'll *kitten* the damage in the morning! Bring it on September!

PS....KansasGal....we get married in exactly 8 months!! Yippppeeee!
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    After the final measure ins, I'll post up and welcome new people into the September challenge. should I make the next challenge 2 months? 1 month does not show much difference.

Everyone in this challenge will be in the next one by default. If you don't want to be, then don't check in and I'll delete you off the spread sheet after the first week. I'll be posting the original measurements for everyone in this months challenge in next months challenge. I like the idea of seeing "original" measurements from the time we start this until we quit.

Should I make the next challenge 2 months? 1 month does not show much difference.
  • MrsSmith1112
    Options
    I think 2 months is good! I feel like I'd be more motivated if there was a higher number at the end....i don't know why....but it makes perfect sense in my silly little head!
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    I'm getting mad every time I check Yahoo and see "Kim Kardashians Big Wedding Payday" It's not fair. How does one get famous for getting famous and make a shallow wedding for publicity and make a huge profit off of it. I have to scrape and sacrifice just to make my tiny wedding budget. Why couldn't my mom marry an Olympic athlete so I could leak a sex tape and get artificially famous.
  • KansasGal
    Options
    FutureMrsSmith: I know! I really should start planning! lol! I am in my last two weeks of college so when I am done with school I know I can get to planning better! But at least we got our arch the other day! Love it!

nicothepotato: I think two months sounds better! One month just seemed to fly by and didn't seem like it gave me much difference in anything
  • atay18
    atay18 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I def like the idea of going for another month, esp since I think I've made some big progress! My weight went down quite a bit from last week! FYI, last week I also stopped eating bananas and apples, because I thought they were too many carbs. And this week I'm down a pound or so, even though I didn't work out nearly as much! Now I don't think I'll be able to keep it up past the wedding, ut min is in 3.5 weeks! I'm also pretty happy because I definetly had a 'cheat meal' last night, otherwise known as BBQ! Pulled pork, brisket and baby back ribs...I had them all. But it didn't destroy my numbers. I love seeing this type of thing, because it just re-inforces that one meal, or even one day, isn't going to destroy your hard work. Keep it up ladies!

Also, the kardashian wedding thing....ridiculous. That family is shameless.
  • MrsSmith1112
    Options
    measurements are in!!! Today's weigh in was a real surprise! I just knew I was going to be the same as last week if not a few extra....but I surprised myself! Can't wait to see what next month brings!

PS...the Kardashians are freakin ridiculous! My entire wedding budget was probably blown on just her shoes.....ugh! I might be poor, but I bet I'll be married for the right reasons....not some publicity stunt!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I didn't take my measurements this morning. Had a bad dream about the engagement being called off and I was trying to figure out what to do with all the wedding stuff I have been collecting. :laugh:

I weighed in but I will have to do the measurements tonight.

I like the idea of a 2 month challenge as well. The numbers this month were kind of depressing, maybe 2 months will be motivating! :drinker:

Yea and Kim Kardashian...:sick: Some people should definitely have a cap on how much money they can earn if they spend it so stupidly and earn it for even dumber reasons. :explode:
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm a day late. First day of school was yesterday. My measurments stayed the same for the most part BUT I saw a loss in weight! If I used weights more maybe my measurments would go down? I'm not even really sure what a good measurment goal IS for someone my size. Looking forward to the next challenge!
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    Eff periods man.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Eff periods man.

Agreed!

:flowerforyou:
  • KansasGal
    Options
    Eff periods man.

Agreed!

:flowerforyou:

Lucky me! I havent had one since before I got preggo with my son! He is almost a year old now! lol, I love my bc! :tongue:
  • MrsSmith1112
    Options
    So...are we not carrying on the challenge? Did I miss the new thread?
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    No, I haven't made a new thread yet. I'll do that sometime today after I start the new spreadsheet. Sorry dudes, I totaled my truck last weekend and have been kind of absent from all the biking and walking in the heat and searching for a new car. The new Challenge will start on Labor Day.