Lose 5 Pounds a Month August 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Last week's weigh-in was 150, and I was down to 148 before the weekend. Then the Saturday BBQ / camping party happened with food and drinks, and I ended up at 151 today. I'm actually going to wait to see what my weight is tomorrow and if it is lower, then I will use that for my official weigh-in for this week, since I know I am still working through the "bloat" of the weekend. Yesterday's lunch was a mess of take-out sodium, so I've got to give myself some time to recover. I had a nice salad for supper last night, and went out for a run to get back on track.

Amanda, good attitude - get over it, move on. That's what I'm doing. And you know what? I had fun playing in the pool with the kids, and did not over-stress about what I looked like in my bathing suit. It was actually nice not to beat myself up. So don't you beat yourself up about your weigh-in either. You'll get that 10% next time! And I thought of you last night during my run... I remember you saying it was 100+ degrees when you went out, and here I was sailing through my run with an amazing breeze - it was perfect perfect weather. I felt really lucky, and hope you get some cooler weather. I'm really going to make an effort to run more outside. I think I may finally be starting to understand that 'runner's high'... I never ever did before, but I knew if I stuck with it, that eventually it would have to come to me... The nature thing is really helping me, and listening to my body, instead of the numbers on the treadmill. Maybe that is the trick.

Bru, glad to see the scale is starting to back down. Stay fierce. I read your blog and loved the part about the "Bru Shuffle", and felt like that was exactly what I was doing last night. I'm not winning any races here, just having some fun! I'm scared to read that marathon book - it might motivate me to want to do one, and I don't know how I would fit in that much training in my schedule!! :laugh:

Fran, I am totally in the same boat with the one pound gain because of a darn BBQ. Stay positive, learn your lesson, and keep on your healthy path. You're going to have ups and downs, and that ok. (I'm telling myself this too.)
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I was really worried about this week... was stuck at 131, but then by Friday it started budging a bit (yes, I'm one of the "weigh every day" kind of people...). So, here it goes so far:

August 1: 133
    August 8: 132
    August 15: 131
    August 22: 130
    August 29:
    August 31:

I honestly don't know if I can lose another 2 lbs before the end of the month... but even if I can get 1 lb off, I'd be happy.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Re-weighed in again.. so stratch my last one..

Aug 1st SW: 191.4
    Aug 4th 193.2
    Aug 12th 195.6
    Aug 19th 193.4
    Aug 26th
    Aug 31st
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    8/01/11 = 207.2lbs (then i went up to 210 a few days later! ughs)
    8/08/11 = 205.4lbs (was 202.8 on the 9th)
    8/15/11 = 203.8lbs (got to 199 then went up)
    8/22/11 = 202.6lbs
    8/29/11 =
    8/31/11 =
  • moyafigura
    moyafigura Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    8/1 142
    8/8 143.6
    8/15 142
    8/22 137.6 (-4.4lbs so far)
    8/29 ?
    8/31 ?
    I am soo happy to be below 140!!
  • Ivymarie75
    Ivymarie75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    08/01/2011: 189.9
    08/08/2011: 188.4
    08/15/2011: 187.2
    08/22/2011: 186.8
    08/29/2011:

Goal weight = 184.0
  • 2pinks1blue
    Options
    I'm at 7lbs for the month!
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    SW (8/1) - 143.1
    8/8 - 141.4 (-1.7)
    8/15 - 140.3 (-1.1)
    8/22 - 138.2 (-2.1)
    8/29 -

Woohoo 130's! Feels great :-) Almost at my 5 lbs. for the month too, hopefully I'll at least maintain (possibly lose) for the final weigh in next week.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    A quick message before I leave for my WW meeting---- so I did a couple of "cheat weighs" this week. Yesterday morning, I was at 151.2. This morning, I am at 155!!!!!! :huh:

I ate on plan, did W2D2 of C25K, and walked 3 miles with my dogs since then. What the heck! I am so disappointed because all day yesterday I was thinking about the awesome weigh in I would have (would even reach my 10% at WW!)

Frustrated. :grumble:

I feel your frustration. I started the month at 183 got as low as 181 and as high as 185 and again this morning back to 183. I am beginning to think there is something wrong with me....I keep losing and gaining the same 3-4 pounds every month.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Bru, holy crap!!!!! Your new default pic--- WOWZA!

THANKS! I went to the mall in search of workout clothes and saw that dress on clearence for $17 and decided to try it on just for the hell of it.. Size 12p and currently sitting in my closet! :love:

Also, I've decided 2 things. After this month is over I'm only going to weigh in about 2x a month, though I'll still keep posting here. The second...

I'M TRAINING FOR A HALF-MARATHON!! :drinker:

Good for you! I thought I would be at that point at this time but I have not run in a while. I still log a ton of miles walking but not many running.

When is the big race?

Am I nervous? Sure! But I have a plan and I've got this! Here's my blog on it if anyone cares to read it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BrunetteWife?month=201108
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I am so sorry I have been MIA since last Tuesday, my only excuse, LIFE!. Its been busy and hectic plus trying to get in 150 miles of walking this month has taken so much time. I am so close.

It sounds like everyone is doing well. I am getting a little frustrated at my weight being stuck in the same few pound range for so many months but I am in the best shape I have been in since before I got married and had kids. So I am going to use that as my NSV for this month.

Well all the daycare kids are sleeping so into my office to walk a few miles.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.....no meetings tonight so I will try to post a tip after work.

Terri
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    July 27: 187.8 lbs
    Aug 22: 190.2 lbs
    Aug 31:

Finally weighed in this morning - first time since the end of July. Didn't do as bad as I had thought.

My 4 mile run on Saturday wasn't too bad - I started hacking after about the 2 mile mark - still trying to get this bronchitis GONE. :grumble: I didn't get a cowbell unfortunately! :sad: I finished at 43:25. I was trying to get under 40 min - but when my first mile was 9:55 and mile 2 was 10:20 I knew I wouldn't do it. :ohwell: I was pretty disappointed that CJ wasn't at the finish line when I got there - he was busy getting the baja ready to go out on the river. :brokenheart: At least my mom & dad, sister, brother, sisinlaw, and all the kids were there! My nephew got 1st in his division, my niece got 2nd in hers, and my brother also got 2nd in his division. :bigsmile: So proud of them all!

Jenn - sorry to hear about your news. I know its hard - I called off my wedding 5 months before the date, had everything in place & most of it paid for. Still have my wedding dress (which is now WAY too big) :bigsmile: But he wasn't commited to me & my family & was very selfish. One day you will be glad you chose YOU and your kids over him. I'm sending a big hug your way. :flowerforyou:

As for everyone else - WOW I've missed a lot this month! Good job to ALL! Keep it up - you are all amazing! :bigsmile:
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    August 1: 182.8 lbs
    August 8: 181.2
    August 15: 180.0
    Aug 22: 179.4

Weekly Loss: 0.6 lbs
    Total Loss: 3.4 lbs

I'm hoping for a better loss next week to make the 5 lb goal. Good luck everyone!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I thought I would be at that point at this time but I have not run in a while. I still log a ton of miles walking but not many running.

When is the big race?

I don't really run much, and whenever I do the half, I'll alternate a lot. As for the race, um, well, I got my info mixed up and thought the the school holding my Sept 10th 5k, had a half in the Spring. Nope. Their half is the same as my 5k and in the Spring they have a 5k, 10k, and 10miler. So I'm really hoping to get the 10miler in. I saw there's a half in May in Quincy, IL but the date isn't set yet.

So, I'm playing it by ear.. ;)
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Love the dress! I would not be able to get "the girls" into a 12p. Maybe someday.

Keep up the good work.

I have walked a half in one day but only in 3-4 mile increments. My longest walk so far has been 10 miles. My son would love to do the Monster Dash half in october but don't think I will be ready for that. If I could walk most of it...that's an idea.

Tip for today

RUIN YOUR APPETITE

Consuming a liquid-wheather its two glasses of water or a cup of soup-to begin a meal can fill you up and reduce your total calorie intake by up to 20 percent. Try this: drink one glass of water and have a broth based soup such as miso or minestron or chicken noodle as an appetizer....watch the sodium.

Plus the extra fluids give you more exercise running to the bathroom.

Have a great night

Terri
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Plus the extra fluids give you more exercise running to the bathroom.

:laugh:
  • MaggieP86
    Options
    blah, a week-long business trip with no way to track calories but my own guesses.

8/01: 216.7
    8/05: 217.3
    8/12: 215.4
    8/19: 218.9
    8/26:
    8/31:
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    8/2/11 - 154.8

8/9/11 - 154.8

8/16/11 - 156