SW 143
    CW 140
    GW 138
  • Lindid
    Lindid Posts: 2
    Options
    8/1 154
    8/23 149

Excited to have reached my goal with a week to go!
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Options
    01/08/11 = 190
    08/08/11 = 190
    15/08/11 = 187
    22/08/11 = 185
    29/08/11 = ?

I lost 5 pounds! Thanks for the motivation mfp. Plenty more to go!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    8/01: 198
    8/08: 198
    8/15: 198
    8/22: 198
    8/29: ?
    8/31: ??

WK 3: No Change

This has been a very challenging month. :sad: Not being able to exercise because of the hip bursitis is difficult to accept.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Last week's weigh-in was 150, and I was down to 148 before the weekend. Then the Saturday BBQ / camping party happened with food and drinks, and I ended up at 151 today. I'm actually going to wait to see what my weight is tomorrow and if it is lower, then I will use that for my official weigh-in for this week, since I know I am still working through the "bloat" of the weekend. Yesterday's lunch was a mess of take-out sodium, so I've got to give myself some time to recover. I had a nice salad for supper last night, and went out for a run to get back on track.

Fran, I am totally in the same boat with the one pound gain because of a darn BBQ. Stay positive, learn your lesson, and keep on your healthy path. You're going to have ups and downs, and that ok. (I'm telling myself this too.)

I'm so glad it's not just me. I did think about moving my weigh-in day to a Friday as I am always super good during the week and then allow myself treats at weekend, low fat desserts or wine or both, calories allowing! But I thought if I did move the day to Friday then I would have the mentality that I've got time to work it off - however I'd be better not to go overboard on weekend and knowing weigh-in is Monday would deter me. I dunno if it will work but I'm going to give it a try!!!!

Next week we'll both be back to losing ways I'm sure :-)

Fran
  • Frannybobs
    Options
    Big congrats Lindid and lee155 on hitting the 5lb target early :-D !!

aab1 - it is frustrating when you can't exercise - I know what you mean. I've had a few niggly injuries recently but luckily they've only stopped me for a couple of weeks each. Hang in there and do what you can with your diet. You can lose weight from diet alone, you just have to be a lot stricter - which isn't fun. Keep going :-)

Bru - wow !!!! Good for you with the run. Having something to train for is a great motivator - and having a plan too will stop it being so daunting.

Bubbles - hang in there - if you're doing all the right things it will start coming off :-)

Maggie - I know exactly what you mean about business trips - it's so hard, even the salads have loads of things added. You'll get that off this week, no worries :-)

Fran
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    August Challenge--My Update...
    8/1 = 116.5
    8/8 = 118
    8/10 =117= Birthday Weight = (I have met my goal: to be 120 lbs by my 60th Birthday) **
    8/15 = No weigh in (sorry)
    8/22 = 116
    8/29
    :drinker:
  • nanberube
    nanberube Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    8/01 - 179.8
    8/11 - 178.4
    8/17 - 177.4
    8/25 - 177.4
    8/31 -
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Start Wt: 172
    August 5: 169
    August12: 170
    August19: 165
    August26: 162
    Final Wt:

TOM just reared it's ugly head so this is quite amazing actually. Let's hope my cravings dont get the best of me! =P
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Starting: 164
    Current: 165

I:indifferent:
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Lindid - we had the same starting weight this month! Great work getting to goal - now be sure to behave yourself to ensure you keep it off for your month end weigh-in!! In other words, don't be like me!!! I was down to 148 about a week ago (sneak peek), but by my weigh-in I was 151 again. Today's sneak peek was 149, so I'm hoping to hold on to it this time, so I can post it on weigh-in day!
    I'm so glad it's not just me. I did think about moving my weigh-in day to a Friday as I am always super good during the week and then allow myself treats at weekend, low fat desserts or wine or both, calories allowing! But I thought if I did move the day to Friday then I would have the mentality that I've got time to work it off - however I'd be better not to go overboard on weekend and knowing weigh-in is Monday would deter me. I dunno if it will work but I'm going to give it a try!!!!

Fran, my weigh-in is on Mondays for that exact reason! It helps me "behave" over the weekend, since weekends are my downfall too. By Friday, my weight is usually down, and I'm excited, and it helps give me extra motivation to stack on track over the weekend in order to post a loss on Monday. Doesn't always work, but it helps.

Chella - wow! great loss this month!!! 10 pounds already! Stay strong! Don't give in to those cravings!

I have taken two rest days in a row, so I really need to get moving today. My goal for the month is to exercise 5 days / week, which works out to 22 days this month. I've done 17 so far, so 5 more to go, and there are 6 days left in the month...

I've been managing to stay on track with eating, even though things have been gearing up on all fronts. I've been busier, and that's when my eating usually goes to hell, but so far, I'm hanging on and fighting off the cravings. I'm trying to remind myself to eat on schedule, and even when I do go too long without eating and am craving a quick hit, I have managed to still eat the better choices. For example, this morning, I didn't eat breakfast until 11am, and almost went for the Timbits in the office kitchen (for you non-Canadians - these are 'donut holes' from our famous coffee shop Tim Hortons), but then reigned myself in and made my planned oatmeal with blueberries, strawberries, ground flax seeds, almonds and milk. And of course, now I'm happy I did, because oatmeal is more satisfying, and Timbit would have triggered my cravings for more junk...
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    So I've been hooked on a show called 'Heavy' and was really inspired by this man who lost 180ls in 6mon and then RAN 1min for every pound lost. 180min! And he did it, not stopping once!

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Run/jog 1min for every pound lost. If a man weighing over 250 can do it, why can't I/we? Perhaps, next month, in the next thread, I'll make a post as a reminder to anyone who would like to pledge their amount. Just a thought.
  • dmgaloha
    Options
    I smell a BMK challenge for the month of September... I'm in!
    But since my weight loss is less awe-inspiring, I will run for all the pounds I still plan to lose too...
    I pledge 36 minutes for the 36 pounds showing on my ticker.
  • Frannybobs
    Options
    I have taken two rest days in a row, so I really need to get moving today. My goal for the month is to exercise 5 days / week, which works out to 22 days this month. I've done 17 so far, so 5 more to go, and there are 6 days left in the month...

I've been managing to stay on track with eating, even though things have been gearing up on all fronts. I've been busier, and that's when my eating usually goes to hell, but so far, I'm hanging on and fighting off the cravings. I'm trying to remind myself to eat on schedule, and even when I do go too long without eating and am craving a quick hit, I have managed to still eat the better choices. For example, this morning, I didn't eat breakfast until 11am, and almost went for the Timbits in the office kitchen (for you non-Canadians - these are 'donut holes' from our famous coffee shop Tim Hortons), but then reigned myself in and made my planned oatmeal with blueberries, strawberries, ground flax seeds, almonds and milk. And of course, now I'm happy I did, because oatmeal is more satisfying, and Timbit would have triggered my cravings for more junk...

That's a great approach - I know what you mean about being busy and it's so easy to succumb to quick but not so healthy fixes- well done especially for passing up the Timbits for oatmeal - that's really great :-D You are right that if you have something sugary or unhealthy it can make you crave rubbish food all day. Oh and yes I had Tim Hortons when I came to Canada on holiday in 2005 - and they are so much nicer than Krispy Kreme's or Dunkin Donuts!!!

Not long till end of month weigh-in and fingers crossed for a good result for all... :-) I was tempted to have a sneaky extra weigh-in this morning to see if I'm back on track for Monday, but then thought if it was good I'd be complacent for the weekend and relax too much - and it's a long weekend in UK, Monday is a public holiday. Then if it was bad then I'd become disheartened and think what's the point. Both outcomes result in me not having any discipline this weekend - so I'm going to hold fire until Monday morning!!
  • dmgaloha
    Options
    Fran - oh, I don't know if I'd say Tim's were better than Krispy Kreme... We don't have KK here, but the one or two times I did have them, they were pretty yummy... Ok, must redirect thoughts away from donuts now.

I went out for a run tonight. On Tuesday night, I ran my "loop" twice, which is close to 5k, and it took me 40 minutes, which worked out to a slow pace - around 4.3 mph. Tonight, I wanted to work a bit on speed, so I decided to do the loop only once but faster. I did it in 16 min - that's a pace of 5.2 mph! That's even a bit faster than my 'regular' treadmill speed of 5 mph. I did an extra 10 minutes of brisk walking afterwards, plus warmup / cooldown.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    8/1: 155.8
    8/6: 156.8
    8/13: on vacation!
    8/20: 154.8
    8/27: 153.6

This is my last August weigh in, so I lost 2.2 lbs this month. Womp womp! I guess I cannot complain too much since I did go on vacation! Also, I am assuming my numerous 151 weigh ins were just a fluke?! This is yet another reminder why I should not/cannot weigh at home! I think I have been in a funk since weighing multiple times after vacation--- not cool! I am making my bf find a new hiding spot for our scale to keep me away from it!
  • MzTaurus
    Options
    Count me in :)
  • Frannybobs
    Options
    01/08/11 = 184.5
    08/08/11 = 183
    15/08/11 = 182
    22/08/11 = 182.8
    29/08/11 = 180.2

Only just started weighing myself in decimals of pounds, but thought would boost me when the weight losses in half lbs seem nothing after rounding.

So 4.3 lbs lost - just 0.7 lbs short of the challenge. I'm ok with that.

Look forward to seeing how everyone else got on....September 5lb challenge anyone???

Fran :)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    starting weight of 188even

am 183 as of this morning :) with a few days to spair this month :) yay
  • dmgaloha
    Options
    Aug 1st: 154
    Aug 8th: 153 (-1)
    Aug 15th: 150 (-3)
    Aug 22nd: 151 (+1)
    Aug 29th: 149 (-2)
    Total Aug loss to date: (-5)

Ok, so I've hit the 5lb goal for the month; now to keep it off until Thursday's final weigh-in!! I'm planning to wait until the 1st to weigh in for my Aug month-end and Sept beginning weight. I have an ulteriror motive, as I may be going to a friend's on Wed night, and this will help keep me on track!

Fran, if you do a final weigh-in on Thursday like me, you've still got 3 more days to lose that last 0.7 pounds! And don't worry - we will definitely be here for a Sept challenge. I've been posting to this particular challenge thread for over a year, as have many others here. We're not going anywhere. :happy:

Stephy, great job losing 5 pounds this month! Join us again next month!

I have been slacking off on exercise with another two days off in a row (Sat/Sun). I wanted to go for a run yesterday, but the blustery winds and rain from Hurricane Irene kinda ruined my outdoor option, and I never made it down to the treadmill... I'll have to run today for sure.

Amanda, how's your C25k program coming along?...