Lose 5 Pounds a Month August 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm in. A very do-able goal! Let's do this!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting at 207.2 this month. Also starting 30DS today, so I hope I can lose a at least 5! =)
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am in. All those 10 in a month seem a little daunting. I was hoping to find one for 5 pounds.
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm In! I shall weigh in tomorrow! :drinker:
  • chinababe60
    chinababe60 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yes, I'm in
  • Lindid
    Lindid Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in! I am glad to see a 5lb challenge, I think losing 10 lbs is a little unrealistic for me. Just weighed in this morning at 154.
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    I'm in too!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    count me in Sweetie.. Hoping to lose that and a lil more *muah*

You are an amazing inspiration! Great job on the weight loss.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I WILL REACH MY GOAL THIS MONTH! Here's to August!

08/01/2011: 167.8
    08/05/2011:
    08/12/2011:
    08/19/2011:
    08/26/2011:
    08/31/2011:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    This is how this group works. We have no rules. There are some people who have been here for months and every month new people join in. We meet new friends a long the way and some drop out a long the way. I personally have been trying to lose the same 5 pounds for several months...every time I lose it somehow finds me again, but I keep working at it. I have working out down, but I need to work really hard on eating healthy (very busy life). Weigh in once a week if you can. Feel free to share your frustrations or your successes. I love to read them all. I do check in every day or every other day for sure but do not always have time to comment of every post on the thread. But know i am checking in and cheering for everyone of you to meet this goal.

This is not a competition but a support group.

My success for the day is already walking 5.1 miles today. That is probably it for walking today. I am shooting to walk at least 2 half marathons this month. I am shooting for at least 150 miles walked.

Have a great Monday

Terri
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I was looking but didn't see this yesterday. I just lost a half pound so I guess that is my starting weight. I didn't make my goal in July but did seem to get out of me plateau.
    08/01/2011: 232.2
    08/05/2011: ? GW 231
    08/12/2011: ? GW 230
    08/19/2011: ? GW 229
    08/26/2011: ? GW 228
    08/31/2011: ? GW 227
  • lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    08/01/2011: 171.4
    08/07/2011:
    08/14/2011:
    08/21/2011:
    08/28/2011:
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Well, hello my 5 lb'ers!!! I'm baaack... I hope all my old 'loser' friends are still here - I see Terri and 55, I hope Bru, Kelly, Jen+2, BJ, Tina, Phyljen, etc are still here too!

I didn't weigh myself this morning - oops! But I'm STILL somewhere between 150 and 155. My goal this month, as it has been for what? the past year?, is to get solidly under 150.

Background on why I've been MIA: July was a disaster for me - I was sick with pneumonia, and am still feeling a bit sluggish post-recovery, but decided that the only way to get my energy back is to eat healthier and get some exercise, which are the same goals I would have for my 5 lb goal, so here I am!

So far today has been WAY better than the last few days / weeks. I had eggs and veggies for breakfast with a few mini bocconchini cheese rounds. For lunch, I made a veggie salad with mediterranean chicken and walnuts. I went for a walk/run on the treadmill. I tried to do 4 intervals of 3 min runs and 2 min walks, but my 3rd interval run was only 2 min and my last only 1 min, but I decided that a total of 9 min of running plus walking to round it off to a 30 min workout is pretty good for my recovering lungs! I had some grapes post-workout, and plan to have salmon, corn on the cob and a small baked potato for supper.

I wish everyone success this month on the road to your personal goals!

Talk to you again soon,
    DMG
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    This is how this group works. We have no rules. There are some people who have been here for months and every month new people join in.

This makes me wonder, Terri--- do you have any idea how long this group has been going?! I am pretty sure I have been in for over a year (with some MIA periods,) and I also remember being new to the group once upon a time. How funny! Thanks for all of the support over all of these months! :flowerforyou:
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    I'm in
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Well, hello my 5 lb'ers!!! I'm baaack... I hope all my old 'loser' friends are still here - I see Terri and 55, I hope Bru, Kelly, Jen+2, BJ, Tina, Phyljen, etc are still here too!

I didn't weigh myself this morning - oops! But I'm STILL somewhere between 150 and 155. My goal this month, as it has been for what? the past year?, is to get solidly under 150.

Background on why I've been MIA: July was a disaster for me - I was sick with pneumonia, and am still feeling a bit sluggish post-recovery, but decided that the only way to get my energy back is to eat healthier and get some exercise, which are the same goals I would have for my 5 lb goal, so here I am!

So far today has been WAY better than the last few days / weeks. I had eggs and veggies for breakfast with a few mini bocconchini cheese rounds. For lunch, I made a veggie salad with mediterranean chicken and walnuts. I went for a walk/run on the treadmill. I tried to do 4 intervals of 3 min runs and 2 min walks, but my 3rd interval run was only 2 min and my last only 1 min, but I decided that a total of 9 min of running plus walking to round it off to a 30 min workout is pretty good for my recovering lungs! I had some grapes post-workout, and plan to have salmon, corn on the cob and a small baked potato for supper.

I wish everyone success this month on the road to your personal goals!

Talk to you again soon,
    DMG

Welcome back!! Bru, Kelli, and Jenn are all here, too! I haven't seen Tina or Phyljen but I am really just getting back myself.

Jenn and I both broke the barrier into the 150's last month and have started the 140's chant. SO awesome to have you with us--- let's do it together! :smile:
  • eills44
    eills44 Posts: 65
    Options
    Im in hun xxx
  • PrettyScenery
    PrettyScenery Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    count me in!

SW - 141.2 lbs (Monday August 1)
    Week 1 - xxx lbs (Monday August 8)
    Week 2 - xxx lbs (Monday August 15)
    Week 3 - xxx lbs (Monday August 22)
    Week 4 - xxx lbs (Monday August 29)
    Total lost - xx lbs (Thursday September 1)
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Im in. :D
  • AllieB
    AllieB Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm in I hope to lose more but you have to start somewhere!