Replies

• rocketarm221
    Options
    Hi,

Just found out about this site, sounds good, GBU, WG
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    I accomplished the goal last month and forgot to check in! Here's to round 2!!
    August start-> 172
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for this month. Good luck everyone!

August 1: 182.8 lbs
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I'm in again! 325 here
  • Tess12513
    Options
    I'm in! Excited to start losing!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I will have to start on Saturday, though, since I skipped this weekend's weigh-in.

Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that I will have gained since my low weight on July 23 of 146.4... sigh.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I don't think I can do the full 5, but last time I did one of these it kicked me in the butt to loss 3 in a month, which is huge for me! But still --- 5 lbs is the target!

SW (as of 8/1/11): 159
  • RokMomma79
    RokMomma79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    IN!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    starting weight of 188even

8/2

8/9

8/16

8/23

8/30

are my weigh in days :) good luck all

8/2 = 187 :) lost one pound since my last weigh in
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I can use all the help I can get :-)
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Well, August is off to a bad start for me! I just ate EVERYTHING in the pantry. :sad:

I am doing Weight Watchers. I knew I was going out to eat tonight and knew I would be getting pizza. I ate like a bird all day to be prepared for it. The pizza was good. I felt proud of myself for stopping when I did (a skill I have never had before.)

And then I came home and ate a whole bunch of crap. This is the first time I have done this since starting WW 4 weeks ago. I feel pretty bummed but ya know what? Time to shake it off. I will just get some extra exercise in tomorrow.

I do this EXACT same thing sometimes. It is my "binge eating devil".... Sometimes I really dont know what comes over me and I literally can't stop myself. In all honesty, give yourself a break because you haven't had any binges in 4 weeks and thats great! It better if you don't completely fall off the wagon and let one bad night... turn into a bad weekend or week.
    Good luck and keep working hard! Your not alone!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I managed to put on 1lb.

SW 143
    GW 138
    Really hope I get into the 130s
    My first weigh in and I am down to 140 :O

SW 143
    CW 140
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! I don't know if i'll be able to do it since my exercising is limited for the next week due to medication and headaches associated with it. But I am darn well going to try by sticking to calories and doing some sort of exercise. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! Lets make August a great month.

Today - 8/2/11 - 154.8

8/9/11 -

8/16/11 -

8/23/11 -

8/30/11 -
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Count me in.

CW: 156
    MINIGOAL: 151 (by Aug. 31)
    GW: 135
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    8.2.11 - 164
    Starting Weight!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! Bru, Kelli, and Jenn are all here, too! I haven't seen Tina or Phyljen but I am really just getting back myself.

Jenn and I both broke the barrier into the 150's last month and have started the 140's chant. SO awesome to have you with us--- let's do it together! :smile:

@ AmandaB4588 - I will join you and Jenn with the 140's chanting - anything that will help get me there... :happy:
    I think we're all starting the month off pretty close together - I was about 154 this morning. I say 'about' because I am weighing myself at home, not my official gym scale.

@Bru - Happy Birthday! Here's to wishing you a great weight loss this month as your bday gift! PS. so happy to see you're still posting on this thread - it wouldn't be the same without you!
  • swilkin94
    Options
    I'd like to do this. I'll need some help tho because I just started this...
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I just got off the treadmill - I'm doing a personal variation of the Couch to 5k plan. Basically run / walk intervals, but I randomly decided to start by trying to do (3 min run with 2 min walk) X 4. That would be somewhere between weeks 3 and 4 for you C25k experts. Tonight, I managed the first two intervals ok, then the last two intervals I could only do 2min run with 3 min walk. That's a total of 10 min running - which I figure is pretty good considering I was diagnosed with pneumonia less than a month ago! I have my final chest x-rays tomorrow.

Food intake was also decent today. Too lazy to enter it in MFP, so I'll just post here.
    - Breakfast: Plain yogurt with raspberries, blueberries, granola, ground flaxseeds and almonds.
    - AM snack: Grape tomatoes and mini bocconchini cheese drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (no basil - boo!)
    - Lunch: Flax seed wrap with avocado, mediterranean chicken, a bit of lettuce and yellow pepper sticks; with carrot sticks and snap peas with hummus on the side.
    - PM snack: 12 cherries
    - Supper: Small portion of mashed potatoes and traditional scottish mince.
    - Evening snack: Apple

I finally received the July issue of Shape magazine in the mail today, so I think I'll jump in the shower and read a bit of that before bed.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Well, August is off to a bad start for me! I just ate EVERYTHING in the pantry. :sad:

I am doing Weight Watchers. I knew I was going out to eat tonight and knew I would be getting pizza. I ate like a bird all day to be prepared for it. The pizza was good. I felt proud of myself for stopping when I did (a skill I have never had before.)

And then I came home and ate a whole bunch of crap. This is the first time I have done this since starting WW 4 weeks ago. I feel pretty bummed but ya know what? Time to shake it off. I will just get some extra exercise in tomorrow.

I do this EXACT same thing sometimes. It is my "binge eating devil".... Sometimes I really dont know what comes over me and I literally can't stop myself. In all honesty, give yourself a break because you haven't had any binges in 4 weeks and thats great! It better if you don't completely fall off the wagon and let one bad night... turn into a bad weekend or week.
    Good luck and keep working hard! Your not alone!

Thank you for the encouragement! I successfully shook it off and did much better today. I am not sure what causes us to lose it like that. I was pretty stressed out so maybe it was emotional eating at its worst?!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Bru!

Dmg-- I like that variation to C25K. I am always wanting to start over but am not sure how. I stopped at Week 4 last time and have been avoiding having to go down a week (by just sitting on my butt and doing nothing at all, ha!) I think I will start with that variation tomorrow. It sounds perfect. Thanks for the inspiration!