AUGUST Move Your *kitten* Challenge!!!!!

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
here's the new thread for the August move your *kitten* challenge.....welcome to the newbies, welcome back to the oldies...

set your goal, make your ticker or add your goal and current miles moved into your signature and get moving starting tomorrow 8/1...please do not post any JULY miles here...dinos will update our JULY spreadsheet shortly.....only add AUGUST goals/miles here....welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

we have been moving our @sses with measurable distances since november as a group of people here on MFP....several have been doing it since the beginnning some come new in each month and some drop off after joining....the goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the miles can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, rollerblades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a goal and do the work...report to the thread often to keep dinos updated because he tracks our info on a spreadsheet so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them.....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month...welcome and good luck if you decide to join us...

Replies

• bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Thanks bluiz and Dinos once again for sticking with us and getting this together.

Since I made last months goal of 30 miles. :drinker:

I am going to up my walking goal to 40 miles for the month of August.
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    this sounds fun and ties in with other challenges I am doing next month...

I am setting my goal for the treadmill for 62 miles for the month of August..
  • sbrown44
    sbrown44 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new to MFp but would love to be a part of this challenge. I would like to strive for 30 miles.

Thanks,
    Sheryl
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump! I want to try this! Sounds like fun :)
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join again for the second month. I didn't reach my goal last month, but I did move it more because of the group- so it was successful nonetheless :-D

I will set my goal for 25 miles on the treadmill- thanks for continuing the group!
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm in! My goal this month is to run 26miles!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My goal is to ride my bike 400 miles during the month of August. Now If I can just figure out how to put in the silly ticker!

exercise.png

OH I DID IT! There it is!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. I've been on vacation and am having a hard time staying motivated. I need something to get me to move my butt. I'm setting my goal at 30 miles and hope to greatly surpass it.
  • mopedgirl007
    mopedgirl007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This helped me soooo much last month with sticking to my goals. I am going to keep my mile goal at 60 because I have a lot going on this month, and I really want my goal to be in my reach. I'll get a ticker up soon. Good luck everyone.
  • maritimemom
    Options
    I'd like to join! My goal is to walk 50 miles in August. :)
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am in!! My goal is to run 48 miles in the month of August!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I want to play! I'm aiming to run 200kms in August :)
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for hosting this. I am in for month number two for me, this challenge by far keeps me the most motivated. I am going for a hundred miles walked again as soon as I get home tomorrow from camping I will make a new ticker.

Thanks!
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Missed my goal last month, gotta give'r another go! Goal set at 40 miles again!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Oh wait - I have to drop my goal, I forgot I have a half marathon mid August, so I will need to taper one week so lets make it 170ks not 200 :)
  • Stephib10
    Stephib10 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! Put me down for 130 km again. I'll update my ticker once I get started :)
  • sweetness1503
    sweetness1503 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So I'm a newbie here but this sounds really fun and will challenge myself even more...I'm totally in and my goal is 30 miles walking/jogging/running.
  • jettichicken
    Options
    Count me in! I will walk/swim 60 miles in August!