Jumping jacks with a large bust?

Options
Hey! So I just completed my first day of 30 day shred!

While I want to stick with it , I have a question and any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. For quite a few minutes throughout the workout, you do jumping jacks. Having a D/DD size chest makes this very painful and difficult even with a sports bra..

Any suggestions to alleviate pain or modify the exercise?

Thank you!

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    As a fellow D/DD girl, I wear two sports bras. hahaha a larger one for coverage, and a tiny, tight one to hold my boobs up over it.
  • carlxo21
    carlxo21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    you need a good sports bra!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I jump and so does my daughter.. tighten your bra maybe? idk :laugh:
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Bump... I am doing Day One of the August challenge and just did 80/100 jumping jacks and not only does it hurt my breasts but it hurts my fat in my bum and hips!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem...It is really painful and makes it hard to breathe! I would hold my chest down and jump higher and wider.
  • shellyxxxxx
    Options
    im bigger than that n i manage just fine x lol pain in the butt arnt they x
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    When I was working on my C25K, I wore a regular bra and a sports bra. (DDD's are NOT nice running buddies...). I'm starting 30DS for the first time tonight.... and I've been dreading the bounce factor all day!
  • pricetm83
    Options
    As a fellow D/DD girl, I wear two sports bras. hahaha a larger one for coverage, and a tiny, tight one to hold my boobs up over it.

Yup! It does work
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am a double D......bought a NIKE sports bra....which is very tight....and is very comfortable. My very first one! Could not beleive how much it made my back feel better! I am now going to go back and buy some more for just every day wear. You're just going to have to go buy a sports bra that is right for you. : )
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The biggest loser workout has a good alternative for jumping jacks.

You do a side step with a squat while continuing to move your arms like a jumping jack... Keeps your heart rate up and works your legs...

Good luck!!:smile:
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    Im a 36g but I have a shock absorber sports bra and I get no pain through jumping jacks hun
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I started working out with F boobs. I wear an Enelle sports bra. It's like armour for the ta-ta's. a bit pricy (60 bucks) but when i'm wearing them my girls don't move and don't hurt. Well worth the money. (I'm now down to a double D and my bra is too big. again. losing weight sure is pricy. lol)

http://www.enell.com/
  • heatheramara
    Options
    Yep. Been there, bounced out (literally!) of that....

You need super support/compression sports bras. Search around online, read some reviews of products at stores you can go to locally to try them on. (This is important, you really have to try them on because there's so much variation from product to product.)

Good luck finding the right product for you, I did and it has made a WORLD of difference!
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm the same and can't imagine doing jumping jacks! Maybe you can do side leg lifts/arm lifts instead.
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    I am between a C and a D and I generally wear two sports bras for more support. Good luck!
  • JennieD2
    JennieD2 Posts: 66
    Options
    Get fitted for a high impact sports bra. I find the racer back ones best (and I am an E cup).
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    In high school, our danceline was docked points if they "bounced". One ample chested girl always wrapped herself with an ace banage in addition to a sports bra. I've also heard the two bra theory.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    im a D and the best sports bra i have found is Victoria's secret VSX. LOVE it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I've actually been buying them from the Old Navy workout section. They are tight enough to hold me in and give me nice cleavage too!
  • ToniAnn411
    Options

Ditto. I wear 2 as well. And they are good ones, not cheap ones. When you're naturally large busted, no matter what, you'll get some kind of movement, but atleast it wont be so painful..