Healthy Snack Ideas for a SWEETS Junkie???

Options

Replies

• salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    An apple and nutella, its my new favorite snack and is AMAZING!

OOooh Nutella is awesome!!
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    what kind of candy are you addicted to? Are we talking chocolate candy bars or sweettarts and gummy bears? If it's candy bars start looking at alternatives, such as the skinny cow candies, some of the protein bars are actually pretty candy bar tasting, or maybe the miniatures so you still get your fix. Also look at what other kind of candies can you have, for example hot tamales, you can have like 20 of them for 150 calories I think, which is still almost half of a full sized candy bar.
    If you are just looking for sweets in general, the quaker mini rice cakes in blueberry, caramel, and chocolate have sweetness to them. Yogurts such as yoplait red velvet cake, boston cream pie, etc are pretty sweet at right around 100 calories. Fruit is always a sweet treat, there are also bolthouse farms protein drinks in the produce section of the store which are full of good things for you and the fruit flavored and mocha ones are pretty sweet.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have a SOUR candy addiction. The only thing that usually helps at all is a big, juicy lemon with a splash of salt on top every now and then. I am doing TERRIBLE with my sour candy addiction. None of the ideas given so far really help with the sour stuff. :(
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I like the granola bars that have chocolate on them. 100 calories of yummy goodness that fills you up.
  • DelightfullyWifed
    Options
    The FiberOne bars are great! The Chocolate Peanut Butter and Chocolate bars are only 90 calories and even taste like a candy bar a little bit. There are new Chocolate Fudge Brownies that are only 90 calories from FiberOne that I want to try.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruits like pre-cut apple, strawberries, berries, watermellon. etc. tastes great.

I pack frozen grapes, strawberries, etc...for the kids when they are in school. My daughter LOVES frozen grapes, I can never pack enough. :)
  • momof2inMD
    Options
    I LOVE sweets too, and I've decided that denying myself something just makes me crave it more until I end up blowing it big time. My weakness is candy bars and chocolate. I just buy the mini, snack size portions and only eat one or two. I eat it slowly and take the time to really savor it :) For me, that's usually all I need and I'm satisfied. Might not work for everyone but it works for me!
  • miisscandace
    Options
    Extra now makes gum that taste like desserts they are only 5 calories a stick and are sugar free my favorite is mint chocolate chip, and also i have taken it old skool LOL i love otter pops, they sell them at costco and they are only 25 calories so i have those if i want a cold sensation i dont do the skinny cow ice creams cause i cant have dairy but they seem to be popular
  • Deev79
    Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow!! So many posts!! Thanks for all the ideas...Keep 'em coming, I'm sure this thread could help others as well. I'll give some of these a try!!

One idea for the rest of you: I love the Ferrara Pan Jaw Breakers...you can have 3 for only 90 calories. They give me that sweetness I need and keep my mouth busy for a while!!
  • shandekapratt
    Options
    nabrisco have 100 calories chip ahoy thin crip and pretzel dipped in chocolate.
  • Estela565
    Options
    when im in the mood for sometning sweet ill have a shake with greek yogurt frozen berries and protein
    or if i wnt dessert ill do this chop half apple sprinkle cinnamon on it nuke it for 2 min then ill get those low sugar instant oatmeal and prepare it to the directions than mix apples oatmeal and to pretend icecream ill put a scoop of stonefield farm low fat french vanilla yogurt xD

apple slices with peanut butter and raisins do the trick for me too
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruits like pre-cut apple, strawberries, berries, watermellon. etc. tastes great.

I pack frozen grapes, strawberries, etc...for the kids when they are in school. My daughter LOVES frozen grapes, I can never pack enough. :)

frozen banana is one of my big go to snacks and they are lovel, gooey and chewy if you let them thaw out just a bit. just remember to peel and slice it before sticking in the freezer 'cause frozen peel is not an easy thing!
    i must remember to get some grapes to freeze too, i always forget about them :)
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    You can make some good frozen yogurt pops with fruit yogurts, paper cups and popsicle sticks. They have fewer calories than the dessert style frozen yogurt found in the ice cream section. And they take a long time to eat.
    Frozen grapes are also soooo good.
    My favorite though, is a gala apple with Jif extra crunchy peanut butter on it. It's sweet and creamy and I feel like I'm eating dessert. (it's also and really good pre and post workout snack.)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    bumpety bump....
  • daniey89
    daniey89 Posts: 23
    Options
    My go to for when I am craving something sweet is a weight watchers hot chocolate with Skim milk, which is onnly like a 110 calories and is super good or dried fruit like strawberries and apples ( and they really do taste just like lollies :) ). Or a good dessert is Slicing a banana in half length ways, placing on a sheet of tin foil and scattering a small handful of drak choc chips. Wrap the tin foil around the banana and cook in the oven for about 15 mins, Put a scoop of low fat icecream on top and you have got yourself a healthy (er) banana split :)
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    There's also sugar-free peppermints. I don't know the name of the brand I buy, but it's 60 calories for 3 of them, and they help me get through cravings, 'cause it takes me a while to finish one, AND it leaves my mouth pepperminty, which makes me not want to eat anything else for a while afterwards.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    For my sweet tooth, I have luna bars for one meal a day. They satisfy the sweet craving and provide good nutrition for ~200 calories.
  • babygu24
    babygu24 Posts: 10
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello with Lite Cool Whip! There are even some recipes on the back of the Jello Boxes!
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love the deep choclate vita muffin tops! They are super delicious and chocolatey and they only have 100 calories and 9 grams of fiber. And it tastes great with a serving of whipped cream on the side!

I also really like the new FIber One brownies. I haven't tried the fudge kind but the peanut butter chocolate flavor is yummy!
  • amaczu
    amaczu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Fudgecicle! 40 calories!!!