Healthy Snack Ideas for a SWEETS Junkie???

Options

Replies

• pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Oh, nearly forgot...cocoa (or cinnamon) almonds in the little 100-calorie packs from Emerald. I do not normally like/eat almonds but Holy Hannah are these ever scrumptious.

I love almonds -- but especially if they are in candy. I have found both the cocoa and cinnamon almonds to be absolutely heavenly plus they are really good for you & they fill you up!
  • tifanietiberio
    tifanietiberio Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I will co-sign x infinity on skinny cow candy (and the ice cream).

the chocolate caramel pretzel special k bars are 90 calories and yummy.

the little cups of luigi's italian ice are 100 calories and they take a while to eat.

i also get the old school popsicle maker things and pour crystal light in and freeze. refreshing and super low cal.

oh and my favorite- take the oreo 100 calorie pack, crush it up pour it into a little bowl, top with 2 tablespoons fat free cool whip with a little bit of hershey's light chocolate syrup.
  • crazydogface1
    Options
    Hi there, my thing was candy... NO MORE DONT EAT IT! dont do the sugar free anything. IT IS JUAT GOING TO MAKE YOU WANT MORE OF IT OR SOMETHING ELSE.. Eat natural go for fresh apple with some natural almon or peanut butter... or have some plain 0% greek yogurt with fresh berries with a spinkle of crushed pecans or almonds! it wonderful beautiful REAL FOOD... This kind of food will change the way you look and feel! dont do alll this faux foods! cHECK OUT SOME GOOD QUALITY PROTEIN BARS
    but be careful they shouldnt be like candy..:) best of luck to you
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    1 cup of dry Kellogg's Cinnabon cereal. 120 calories. Sweet, cinnamony, crunchy. I eat it like popcorn at night with a chai latte. Great combo!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Caramel greek yogurt and an apple to dip it in. It tastes JUST like caramel and if I have a few extra calories or need a dose of chocolate I'll add 1 tablespoon of hershey's chocolate sauce to the caramel yogurt. A-MAZ-ING!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    get a super dark chocolate candy bar and dip some ripe strawberries!

if you are trying to avoid all processed sugar. A date or two are sooooo sweet plus they have fiber. They're high in calories but one or two can really take care of a sweet craving.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    fruit, 5 cal jello, panda brand licorice, trail mix you make yourself, low cal frozen yogurt, dry cereal (healthy ones), kerrs candy or sorbee candy (they have chewy and hard ones), make healthy cupcakes, 100 cal snacks like yogurt pretzels.

I have so many sweet snacks that I like to have but I'm drawing a blank right now.
  • MargaretNoon
    Options
    Sugar free jello works really well for me when I need a sweet fix
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes on the chocolate dusted almonds snack pack, I too am not an almond eater, my daughter had me try them and they are so delicious and really help fill you up, I am a convert...............chocolate is my total weakness, love eating Nesstle semi-sweet chocolate cookie morsels, now thats desperate...lol
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    dried cranberries

pineapple

100 cal. Kettle Corn (by ORB)

Chocolate/Peanut butter protein shake

Fruit leather of any kind

Nutrigrain Cherry or Apple cereal bars

Chocolate/Peanut butter protein shake

Those are my favs.... not candies, but still sweet.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I really like the Emerald tropical trail mix. :)
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    Oops! Double-submit. Sorry.
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    I've always been nuts over cream cheese icing. Now I make a fat-free, sugar-free, guilt-free version: 8 oz fat free cream cheese, softened, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 Tbsp butter flavor (trying to keep my fat intake down; you can use 1/2 stick of butter if you want to stay natural), and 1/2-3/4 cup zero-calorie sweetener (I prefer xylitol). I vary it once in a while, either adding 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, 2 Tbsp peanut butter, or 1/2 tsp ground ginger with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Put it all in a bowl and whip together (a mixer or egg beater works better than mixing by hand). I just eat it with a spoon. It's awesome!
  • tifffanyD
    tifffanyD Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh, nearly forgot...cocoa (or cinnamon) almonds in the little 100-calorie packs from Emerald. I do not normally like/eat almonds but Holy Hannah are these ever scrumptious.

I recently found dark chocolate and peanut butter nuts from Emerald... even better! It has the cocoa roasted almonds plus some sugared peanuts and pecans. So a little bit of healthy (nuts, good fats) and a little bit of treat all in one!
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options

I recently found dark chocolate and peanut butter nuts from Emerald... even better! It has the cocoa roasted almonds plus some sugared peanuts and pecans. So a little bit of healthy (nuts, good fats) and a little bit of treat all in one!

I think I love you a little for telling me this.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! I usually don't like almonds but the cocoa ones are sooo good I can't believe it, love them, haven't found the choc peanut butter things yet.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    posting to read later
  • Deev79
    Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    what kind of candy are you addicted to? Are we talking chocolate candy bars or sweettarts and gummy bears? If it's candy bars start looking at alternatives, such as the skinny cow candies, some of the protein bars are actually pretty candy bar tasting, or maybe the miniatures so you still get your fix. Also look at what other kind of candies can you have, for example hot tamales, you can have like 20 of them for 150 calories I think, which is still almost half of a full sized candy bar.
    If you are just looking for sweets in general, the quaker mini rice cakes in blueberry, caramel, and chocolate have sweetness to them. Yogurts such as yoplait red velvet cake, boston cream pie, etc are pretty sweet at right around 100 calories. Fruit is always a sweet treat, there are also bolthouse farms protein drinks in the produce section of the store which are full of good things for you and the fruit flavored and mocha ones are pretty sweet.

I pretty much like any candy, but chocolate is my favorite. I ALWAYS have candy on hand, but I find that when it's there, I eat it, and when it's not, I eat EVERYTHING else because I can't seem to satisfy my craving. Thanks to everyone for some really great ideas. I guess you just get in your diet rut and forget about all the possibilities out there!!
  • Jhowardmomof3
    Jhowardmomof3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is a box of chocolate cake mix with a single can of diet coke. Bake them up in cupcake tins and freeze them. Just pull one out when you need one and they are practically guilt free.
  • Deev79
    Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is a box of chocolate cake mix with a single can of diet coke. Bake them up in cupcake tins and freeze them. Just pull one out when you need one and they are practically guilt free.

Wow!! Never thought about making cupcakes and freezing them...you are a genius! Have you ever made the boxed lemon cake with 7-up??? Another variation to try...