Replies

• sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    What a *****. Keep doing what you're doing
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    Women with muscle tone are the HOTTEST things to walk the earth.. Keep it up!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    That being said I do think that she sounds misinformed about a woman's ability to bulk up and what strength looks like on a woman.

And it's entirely possible that she genuinely doesn't understand about skinny fat, nor that slender people can have more fat around their organs than externally larger people. TBH *I* didn't know that until relatively recently.

It's also possible that she may have thought she was giving good advice about weights and bulking up but doesn't really have much in the way of tact.

I tend to work on the assumption that most people I come across on a day to day business are a) grossly misinformed and b) suckered in by media and advertising - it means I rarely take offence at people's ignorance! :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's her opinion. I find the extreme female body builders disgusting. But that doesn't make what they do wrong. If they love it, more power to them. We can't please everyone.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yes, everyone has a difference of opinion, but you seem to think that thin and strong are mutually exclusive. When I think of "thin, soft, and doughy" I think of skinny fat and Olive Oil, which you said yourself you don't think is attractive.
    No, I know you can be thin and strong because that's where I'm going. But I don't want to have muscles showing because I don't think it looks attractive. I also don't want to wobble when I walk. Lifting weights would most likely contribute to a body type I really don't want, and if I wasn't well-informed about selecting exercise for its benefits then I would welcome the advice to stick to diet and low-res cardio, as indeed was the advice given to me here in the initial stages when I hadn't a clue about exercise.