Replies

• denanc
    denanc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    91 lbs in 8 months
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Am I the ONLY person who is losing much slower than 1 pound a week? I started in March and have lost 13 pounds. It goes in fits and starts, having weeks and weeks with no change and then a couple of pounds will drop off with little rhyme or reason. I just keep sticking with the program and waiting for the slow but steady change to happen. It can be depressing but I keep reading success stories and know it is possible!

I lose in spurts then plateau so I will lose 5-10 pounds then nothing for a month or so. I lose inches in the meantime though so make sure you are measuring.
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    14.4lbs in 6weeks. :happy:
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    11 pounds in 6 weeks.
  • cgipson001
    cgipson001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, but my journey started 5 days ago. I have lost 8 lbs. so far. I hope I can keep this up because I have a lot to lose.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs in 8 months (a little over a 1lb per week) and have maintained that weight for the last 3 months.
  • Aurelina
    Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    CanToGirl wrote:

I started at the end of January 2011, and I released 93 lbs. Comes to about 3.3 lbs per week. If I keep this pace up, I'll be at my goal weight in February.
    Everyone is doing a great job, keep it up!!

released ? hummmmm....

!!! RELEASED !!!

I LOVE this term. I released 38 pounds, I released myself of 38 pounds. And I'll play it one more step. I am 38 lbs free!

Congratulations on your freedom!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am also a slow loser since I lost 16 pounds in 9 months so it is only 2 pounds a month. Those last pounds are really hard to move but it's ok since I have all the time in the world :)
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    94 pounds and counting...
  • janiecorona
    Options
    I joined 15 days ago and I have lost 19 lbs. I love this site! Sidenote: I started my diet on June 1st, so I lost most of that weight on my own.
  • TroyBa
    TroyBa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    51 lbs. since May 2, 2011.
  • MisScorpio
    Options
    3 years...133lbs and still going!!!! :happy:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs since January. At first the weight just fell off of me... now I have to work at it, but that is ok bc I am at a great weight for my height (140 for 5'7")..... not much more (if any) left to lose.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I lost 23 pounds in 18 and a half weeks. Have been maintaining for almost 9 weeks now.
  • lauralhicks
    Options
    almost 30lbs since April 2011, about 50 to go!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have lost 120 pounds in 18 months! I began my journey in January 2010! I have been living through a natural disaster, worst flooding in history, in my town, since the day after Fathers day and spent almost five weeks out of my house! I stayed true to my new lifestyle, even though I was not able to log my food/exercise, and have lost the last 7 of those pounds since the horrible disaster began. I thought about the food I ate, made the right choices, stopped eating when I was full, and continued to do whatever exercise I could do. It is just proof that if you change yourself, and your way of thinking, it becomes a "habit."
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have been here for 15 days and I have lost 8 pounds so far!!
  • birdiet903
    birdiet903 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    11 pounds in 11 weeks is great. That's a healthy rate. Sometimes if you lose too fast, you just gain it right back. Good work.
  • Sooznine
    Sooznine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Week 16, down 29lbs!!! I am so proud of myself. Way to go, you too!
  • tifanietiberio
    tifanietiberio Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    40lbs since June 2, 2011.

I NEVER thought I would be able to have any success, and now that I have had some- I feel like I can't be stopped!

Here is my before and after, the first (terrible terrible) pic is from the end of May 2011, and the second is from this morning (Aug 2)

6002042037_814b6e79d8_m.jpg
    beforeafter by tifanietiberio, on Flickr

feel free to friend me! good luck everyone!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!