Hypothetical -For those who work in an office.

Options

Replies

• DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    For 75k Sure.. all I would have to do is get a flat screen that could sit on top of my desktop computer.. leave all the cables hooked up.. use a wireless mouse.. so three cords to possibly plug in and unplug each day... one for the desktop, one for the monitor, and one for the lan cable. and I could put it all on a hand dolly that I could use to wheel it to and from the vehicle in a box built to hold the monitor right next to the desktop and had latches on it so I would just move the box each day.. twice a day... easy said.. easy done... a bit of a pain.. but for the kind of money I would make it would be worth it.

You're offer is only for $50k

I would still do it for $50k Tax free on top of what I make already... house and work are both one story buildings and I can park close in both places so loading and unloading would be a bit tricky but not hard... so yes I would do it.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    If that money was on top of work salary, they provided a car parking space and insured the equipment then yes I would.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    The way my life is now I'd have to say no, I have college commitments before and after work 3 days a week. That would mean lugging the equipment on trains, trams and buses and to college.

I work with 3 VDUs so that's a lot of equipment to bring on 6 modes of public transport a day! However hypothetically if I had 1 VDU then a hard shell suitcase with wheels would be reasonable to transport the equipment.
  • LindsayPosey
    LindsayPosey Posts: 2,638 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »

The assumption is that the pc is your only means of internet at home. So sure,you can leave it in the car but you won't have internet access at home

What about through my Apple TV and Xbox? I can live without my phone and computer but I don't know if I'd be willing to give up my shows and video games...
  • cdlee1010
    cdlee1010 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would without a doubt...everyday I would be packing that thing into my fancy new ride. Besides, eventually you will have it down to a science.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    In a heartbeat. It'd be annoying but definitely worth it. Hell I'd do it for 20% of that. Probably even 10%
  • cdlee1010
    Options
    that's fine...then next year I will be driving in my fancy new car sans PC.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    The fact that it's a PC makes a difference... I really like working on my Mac it makes my job a lot easier.
    You realize a Mac is a PC, right? PC just means personal computer, it doesn't matter who makes it or what OS it runs. If it makes the questions easier for you, just imagine this is the tower you have to lug around.

yX2laDaoUvgDEgeyfumLsw-3d-3d_BigProductImage.jpg
  • LindsayPosey
    LindsayPosey Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yusak - This is my computer so it would make a difference for carrying it back and forth but I get what you're saying... I would still be able to work with the same programs that I'm used to so that part doesn't make a difference.
    bx7g54hf7vgg.jpg
  • cdlee1010
    Options
    AND speakers...because those are a pain in the butt. Anyways, I will be starting this task on Monday just for fun. godspeed.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    People still have Home Computers? Mine gave way to laptops several years ago/
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    My home machine is a gaming rig that weighs 50+ lbs, plus I have 2 24" monitors. That would be a pretty real challenge, but I'd probably get in shape faster, so why not attempt it?
  • lqqkingatu
    lqqkingatu Posts: 3,080 Member
    Options
    Is the $50K grossed up? Depending on your tax bracket, not worth it.