any Virgo ppl out there....

Options

Replies

• JoelleMonique
    Options
    7 lbs down and 3 to go to lose 10 lbs by my 40th birthday on the 3rd September.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm an August Virgo...8/27

I don't like putting dates on my goals b/c I get far too discouraged if I don't make it. But it sure would be nice to reach ONEderland by then. It's not looking likely at the slow rate I've been losing.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Last week 151.5

This week 151

.5 is better than nothing I guess
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    you can do it JoelleMonique!!!

I am so happy for your new goal & for your

upcoming Birthday as well :):):)

I have set a new goal for myself to work out 90 minutes

6 days a week, it's tuff but I like tuff !!!

Enjoy your week~
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    Hi Mios!

as my buddy Kristy always says;

"no gain, no pain"

have a nice week!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    dig your NSV today ...too fun!!! I have lost 2" across my back

& I feel much better w/o that flab!!! lol
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    hello "hotonice"~~

I think you are our first August Virgo! yay!

great to have you in this Challenge~

wishing you the best in all of your endeavors!

Let's goooooooo :):):)
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    my birthday's september 4th! :bigsmile: it would be cool to lose 10lbs by then!

craft, you and my son have the same birthday!!! he was born on labor day (haha!)
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Rabbit, thanks for asking about me. Not allowed to "exercise" yet. Chiropractor says I have to hold off. I am still watching what I eat and trying to ATLEAST get some walking in but for right now I'm not able to do much of anything. I am SO ready to get healed and get back to business. I'm used to working out daily for atleast 90 mins a day. :( I am missing my workouts so badly. Not giving up though. Don't give up on me my fellow Virgo's. Just a minor set back.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Count me in. My bday is in sept as well (Virgo). I would like to lose 5 lbs this month and another 5lbs next month. I want to be out of 150's and 140's if possible. My goal is 1-2lbs a week. I also signed up for a 5K (on 9/25). So, all the prep will hopefully get me to my goal.
    Cheers to all Virgo ppl!. I know we are perfectionist and hard-working.
    Let us do it!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm an August Virgo...8/27

I don't like putting dates on my goals b/c I get far too discouraged if I don't make it. But it sure would be nice to reach ONEderland by then. It's not looking likely at the slow rate I've been losing.
    As of this morning, I am one pound away from 200, so anything more than that in the next two weeks, and I may actually reach my goal of ONEderland!!! (I'm totally going to take a picture of that scale when it says 199.) Ordinarily, I would say easy peasy, but lately, my weight loss has slowed considerably, so I'm not as confident in how fast I can lose. It would be just like to me stay the same weight through 8/27. We'll see. fingers crossed!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    Rabbit, thanks for asking about me. Not allowed to "exercise" yet. Chiropractor says I have to hold off. I am still watching what I eat and trying to ATLEAST get some walking in but for right now I'm not able to do much of anything. I am SO ready to get healed and get back to business. I'm used to working out daily for atleast 90 mins a day. :( I am missing my workouts so badly. Not giving up though. Don't give up on me my fellow Virgo's. Just a minor set back.

teehee laughing at myself,,as I just learned how ppl were attaching to the post topics by using the "quote" button,,,I am

more than a little embarrassed! LOL okay now about this post,

you're very welcome! I am always thinking of you and praying for your quick and full recovery! get well soon!

I would send you a bunch of daisies but the emoticon isn't working right now ):
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    Count me in. My bday is in sept as well (Virgo). I would like to lose 5 lbs this month and another 5lbs next month. I want to be out of 150's and 140's if possible. My goal is 1-2lbs a week. I also signed up for a 5K (on 9/25). So, all the prep will hopefully get me to my goal.
    Cheers to all Virgo ppl!. I know we are perfectionist and hard-working.
    Let us do it!

Great job creating doable goals for your Birthday!!!!
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

teehee laughing at myself,,as I just learned how ppl were attaching to the post topics by using the "quote" button,,,I am

you're very welcome! I am always thinking of you and praying for your quick and full recovery! get well soon!

Thanks!!! On a good note, Chiro says I am allowed to walk. That's it though. So I walked 2 miles today. Took it slow so ended up being @ an 45 mins to and hour but atleast I did it!! You're the best! Thanks for the love and support!!:flowerforyou:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options

Thanks!!! On a good note, Chiro says I am allowed to walk. That's it though. So I walked 2 miles today. Took it slow so ended up being @ an 45 mins to and hour but atleast I did it!! You're the best! Thanks for the love and support!!:flowerforyou:

you're very welcome! you're doing fine considering your challenging circumstances right now. please be careful :)
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    August 26th! So only 2 weeks away....My goal is 10 pounds.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    Hello Virgo Challengers! Weekend Thoughts...

Happy Friday to all & I want to wish you a nice enjoyable weekend.

Let's all take our fitness very seriously this weekend as we have a weigh-in

coming up on Monday morning. I have been doing my weigh-in after ladies room

and before eating / drinking, in the morning, wearing just my swimsuit. I think this

attempt to get the most accurate weight is actually rather fun and ritualistic.

I was weighing once a week but have gone now to bi-weekly. Since I have been zigzagging

calories I hope to have broken thru that last plateau, altho this week has proved to be

somewhat detrimental (in the eating dept) due to family gatherings at eateries LOL

Well, it's all okay and feeling fine about it now that I have come to terms with my

cravings, realizing it helps my body adjust to give it treats here and there!!!

I have been indulging in 100 calorie ice cream bars all week!! I am not going to bring

any more of those into the house...promise myself! I will keep making banana yogurt ice cubes

.. oh and probably enjoy a frozen fruit bar now & then as well :)

QUESTIONS:

1) What do you do on weekends to burn extra calories if you indulge in too many treats?

2) Can you share at least one idea with the rest of the group that you have about getting

"into the zone", when you really don't feel like exercising at all?

Thanks to everyone for participating in this~ our first full week of The Virgo Challenge!!!

Go out there and get that brass ring of health 8-) and have a blast doin'it!!!
  • chynafox
    chynafox Posts: 30
    Options
    I am at 186.2 now and I would like to be a solid 182 by my birthday. It's gonna be a tight squeeze because my birthday is the 26th of August, but I know I can do it! That's 2 pounds a week! woof! :)
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    August 26th! So only 2 weeks away....My goal is 10 pounds.

excellent goal elizabeth, very attainable for you!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    I am at 186.2 now and I would like to be a solid 182 by my birthday. It's gonna be a tight squeeze because my birthday is the 26th of August, but I know I can do it! That's 2 pounds a week! woof! :)

very true! 2 lbs. a week is very ambitious indeed! yes you can!