any Virgo ppl out there....

Replies

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    August 26th! So only 2 weeks away....My goal is 10 pounds.

you have a very nice ticker btw :))
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    QUESTIONS:

1) What do you do on weekends to burn extra calories if you indulge in too many treats?

2) Can you share at least one idea with the rest of the group that you have about getting

"into the zone", when you really don't feel like exercising at all?
    It's odd but weekends aren't any harder than normal weekdays. I go skating on Sunday mornings, but I've not had to do anything in excess of that. (I skate Friday mornings, too, but I'm not sure if that counts as a weekend.)

As for exericising, you really have to find something you enjoy. It's not easy finding that. It can be SO hard finding an exercise you enjoy. It may be DVDs. It may not always be something provided by a gym membership.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    QUESTIONS:

1) What do you do on weekends to burn extra calories if you indulge in too many treats?

2) Can you share at least one idea with the rest of the group that you have about getting

"into the zone", when you really don't feel like exercising at all?

Thanks to everyone for participating in this~ our first full week of The Virgo Challenge!!!

Go out there and get that brass ring of health 8-) and have a blast doin'it!!!

Thanks for the motiviating post... If you asked me what am I doing 2 hours ago, I would have jumped up and down and said, see my diary for the past 2 days!. Unfortunately I had a disater last night.. Anyways, long story short.. I need to move on after one bad episode last night. Other than that, I am doing great in the food dept. I plan on continuing to stay on track in the food dept. Here are my weekend plans -
    1. Make my own meals for the weekend
    2. Jog/Run 5K Sat AM and walk a little more
    3. Sunday - Gym class or Elliptical for cardio. Do weight 30mins.
    4. Hang out and have great time my family!
    Cheers!
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    I set a Virgo challenge goal of 4 or 5 pounds by my birthday, Aug. 23. I am half way there! That leaves 9 days to lose 2 more pounds. Time to step it up!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    1 - i really like walking around my neighborhood, it's about 2.2 miles with some nice hills and burns around 350 calories =) i do it early in the mornings during the week, but it's nice to walk after dinner on weekend's too.

2 - whenever i feel like i'm getting off track with my eating or exercise, and i need an extra push....i get on netflix and i order one of those documentaries about food and nutrition and exercise, or anything about being healthy. it might sound weird, but for me, it really works. plus, i know SO much more now about food and exercise that i was clueless about before!

have a good weekend Virgos!!
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    1. Sunday is usually last gym day of the week. (I usually go 3 days a week.) Not sure how it's going to workout right now with my back so I'm hoping to just push myself and get in as much walking as I can. I am REALLY ready to get back into my high calorie burning exercises.

2. Whenever I DON'T feel like exercising I just hope on here and find whatever bit of motivation I need to keep going. You guys/gals are great!!!~
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    :happy: Okay! I'm back..got a bit of a distraction here for a few:wink:

Let's all do the best we can to lose whatever amount of weight we personally set for ourselves by our Birthdays.

For example, I have a goal to lose 10 pounds in about 4 1/2 weeks and if, for some reason I don't make that goal,

I will definitely have it accomplished by September 17th!

Do our best to check-in here on topic forum once a day to talk about goals for the day, new foods or new activities, etc.

Add each other to your friends list and let's get to doing this!

Post your target date in your signatures and off we gooooooooooooooo:glasses:

oh my! im the 17th too! except that its my 30th!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    I set a Virgo challenge goal of 4 or 5 pounds by my birthday, Aug. 23. I am half way there! That leaves 9 days to lose 2 more pounds. Time to step it up!

This is soooo inspiring to me! 9 days is plenty of time with clean eating and setting new goals in the

exercise dept! I have a very good feeling about this, especially with that electric smile of yours!

You can do anything you wish and you shall :)

May I ask, do you have any special BDay plans set yet? I may be going to San Diego for mine,

it falls on a Saturday this year! yay!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    1 - i really like walking around my neighborhood, it's about 2.2 miles with some nice hills and burns around 350 calories =) i do it early in the mornings during the week, but it's nice to walk after dinner on weekend's too.

2 - whenever i feel like i'm getting off track with my eating or exercise, and i need an extra push....i get on netflix and i order one of those documentaries about food and nutrition and exercise, or anything about being healthy. it might sound weird, but for me, it really works. plus, i know SO much more now about food and exercise that i was clueless about before!

have a good weekend Virgos!!

Craft~

You have done it again! I am going to do my own neighborhood walk thanks to you. Today I will drive the route

to get the mileage (for my own info purposes), then I will take 2 of my regular exercise mornings this coming

week to do the route, which sounds exactly like your neighborhood!! There are lots of beautiful gardens with rolling hills and

even a huge one that is probably at least a 30 degree angle and quite tall. I have always wanted to take it on LOL!!!

Next, I will go home and order some of the suggestions you made, from Netflix!!! Thank you very much indeed~

All the best~
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    1. Sunday is usually last gym day of the week. (I usually go 3 days a week.) Not sure how it's going to workout right now with my back so I'm hoping to just push myself and get in as much walking as I can. I am REALLY ready to get back into my high calorie burning exercises.

2. Whenever I DON'T feel like exercising I just hope on here and find whatever bit of motivation I need to keep going. You guys/gals are great!!!~

Hello Kmarr!

Sending you many get well wishes in the hopes you have a successful walking weekend! Thanks for always being here

with your great attitude and contributing to our thread!!! Cheers~
  • Another 1.5lbs gone forever!!
  • Kmarr32010
    No loss this week but NO GAIN either!!!:bigsmile: So I am counting that as a victory. This weekend wasn't as easy as I'd hoped it would've been. Was hurting in my back pretty constantly all weekend although I did manage to get a little exercise in even if it was just me cleaning (btw, mopping the kitchen will not be done by me again until I heal some more.) Today is a new day and a new week. I will continue to strive and work as hard as I possibly can. I am thinking that I might need to change my goal more to like 5lbs though considering. What do you think Rabbit?? Going back to the chiro this afternoon. Hoping he can give me a little more relief and some good news. Love to all and GOOD LUCK on meeting your goals! You CAN do ANYTHING you put your mind too!!!! Love ya my fellow VIrgos!:heart:
  • Kmarr32010
    Another 1.5lbs gone forever!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Another 1.5lbs gone forever!!

beautifully accomplished!!! cheers!!!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    No loss this week but NO GAIN either!!!:bigsmile: So I am counting that as a victory. This weekend wasn't as easy as I'd hoped it would've been. Was hurting in my back pretty constantly all weekend although I did manage to get a little exercise in even if it was just me cleaning (btw, mopping the kitchen will not be done by me again until I heal some more.) Today is a new day and a new week. I will continue to strive and work as hard as I possibly can. I am thinking that I might need to change my goal more to like 5lbs though considering. What do you think Rabbit?? Going back to the chiro this afternoon. Hoping he can give me a little more relief and some good news. Love to all and GOOD LUCK on meeting your goals! You CAN do ANYTHING you put your mind too!!!! Love ya my fellow VIrgos!:heart:

Thank you for asking and yes, I would most likely change my goal were I in your athletic shoes! LOL

Shoot for lucky #7!!!

I hope the chiro (heat treatments)?? is working for you. you deserve to be healed & feel better today.

Mopping the kitchen?

HhhhMmmm....what on earth were ya thinkin'???

stop that right now silly goose :) take care this week!!

and again, thanks for contributing:flowerforyou:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    :heart: It's a brand new week for the Virgo Challenge!:heart:

I had to change my weigh-in day to Tuesday this week

due to circumstances beyond any control lol :blushing:

How is everyone else faring on this front?

I am basically to the point that I had to turn away from

MFP yesterday so that I could reset my logging in to start

over because I was really feeling like I was in a rut. I think

that by starting a whole new log from August 15, now I can say

"OK. you have 30 days to drop these last ten tenacious:grumble: pounds"!

:happy: I have been turning fat to muscle but I still believe that I will be able

to reach my goal weight of 125# by then~!!!:bigsmile:

Any of you have any special tricks (besides zigzagging calories which I do)

to 86 the last of these stubborn moheekans? lol any advise is greatly appreciated :glasses:
  • hotonice
    hotonice Posts: 28 Member
    Lost 3lbs this week
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    last week - 213.6
    this week - 210.4

week's loss - 3.2 lbs :drinker:

i'm SOOO happy about this loss!! :bigsmile: i had a 1 lb loss last week and NOTHING the week before so i'm glad i made up a little bit this week! i still won't get to 199.9 by my birthday, but i knew that was pushing it, anyway! just thought it would be a fun goal.

good luck everybody!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kmarr32010

Thank you for asking and yes, I would most likely change my goal were I in your athletic shoes! LOL

Shoot for lucky #7!!!

I hope the chiro (heat treatments)?? is working for you. you deserve to be healed & feel better today.

Mopping the kitchen?

HhhhMmmm....what on earth were ya thinkin'???

stop that right now silly goose :) take care this week!!

and again, thanks for contributing:flowerforyou:

No heat yet, just ice. He said it was better yesterday when I went compared to when I was there Saturday. I will be changing my goal. I'll TRY for 7lbs. Wish me luck.

Yep, mopped the kitchen. LOL Well, with 4 kids it gets pretty nasty and if I didn't do it, well you know, it wouldn't get done. The chiro did tell me that I CAN'T do that again until I'm healed more. So, looks like SOMEONE in the house will be learning how to mop very soon. :wink:

Since the only form of exercise I'm allowed to do is walking, I WILL be walking AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!! Have a great day/week my Virgo friends!!! :heart:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Lost 3lbs this week

congrats:drinker: cheers:flowerforyou: veryvery fabulous!:bigsmile: