How much did you gain during pregnancy?

Options

Replies

• Stephhhy1910
    Options
    I lost 15 my first 16 weeks due to extreme morning sickness, The day i found out i was preggers i was 224, lost 15 pounds so i went down to 209, then skyrocketed up to 250 the day i gave birth, so i gained 41 pounds :( And he was 5 weeks premature, or im sure i would have gained more! I wouldn't change it for anything though, he is my little monkey <3
  • vickicambell
    Options
    I gained 42 lbs with my daughter & then I gained 38lbs during pregnancy with my son ... :-) Have just managed to loose most of it & my little prince is 9 weeks old, but need to tone up badly!!! baby was 8lbs 4oz
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Gained 40 pounds with my first. He was 8lb 4 oz.

Gained 27 pounds with my second. He was 9lb 8oz.
  • aprilmwilson
    aprilmwilson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I went from 170 to 245. Came home from the hospital at 213 - apparently I was retaining a lot of water at the end of my pregnancy.
  • cpfmrp
    cpfmrp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started both pregnancies at 110lbs

My first baby I walked everyday and watched what I ate and gained 30lbs on the dot. The baby weighed 5 lbs 6 oz

My second baby I ate icecream and sat on my butt and gained 30lbs on the dot. The baby weighed 6 lbs 7 oz

But it was more difficult losing the weight after my second than my first. With my first the weight just melted off. Ahh to be 19 again... : )
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    First son 1985 gained 12 lbs and my daughter in 1989 20lbs.
  • BMiller5
    BMiller5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I gained 60lbs with my first (who is now 3) and 30lbs with my twins (who are now 15months). I never really lost the weight from my first pregnancy when i found out I was pregnant again. I started out at 130lbs + 60lbs= 180lbs +30lbs = my highest weight 210lbs!!! I have since lost 30lbs (I weigh in tomorrow) and I have a long way to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I gained 60 lbs. 205 the day I had my son. Thank goodness I am 5'10 because I did not look like I weighed 205 but my wide *kitten* said otherwise.

I'm like you, 5'10" and gained 50 lbs, 205 when I delivered. Everyone kept saying how I was skinny pregnant woman.... I felt like a beached whale!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Son:
    Total Gain - 45 lbs
    Started - 170 lbs
    Ended - 215 lbs

Daughter:
    Total Gain - 65 lbs
    Started - 150 lbs
    Ended - 215 lbs

I thought for sure when I had my daughter, I'd lose more than the baby weight again (like I did with my son). I still have 30 pounds to go! So.Not.Fair.
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I gained 30,sad thing is after I had my son I lost about 15 and then gained it back lol
  • AJDL
    AJDL Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1st time- 59 lbs, he was born @ 36 weeks, 3 days and was 9 lbs, 6 oz., lost 40 lbs overnight(my husband weighed me without me knowing in the bed) and it was all water weight.
    2nd time- I had lost 15 lbs working out hard, and looked good. Then, bam! Pregnant!! I gained almost 40 lbs. Had her @ 37 weeks, 3 days and she weighed 10 lbs, 3 oz. Still have 9 lbs to lose before I'm back to pre- 2nd preg weight.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    18 pounds.
  • syu80
    syu80 Posts: 8
    Options
    i was 20 lbs shy of doubling in wieght with my 1st child (98lbs to 168lbs). i went from super fit and ton to the philsbury dough girl in no time. with my daughter i gained about 45. both times i had small giants as babies weighing over 8lbs and both around 20". my doctor set my total weight gain goal at about 30lbs. and the post baby weight seems to never go away hence the reason i am here.
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I only gained 15 lbs or so. I was overweight and trying hard to lose weight when I found out I was pregnant. I made good food choices and lost most of the baby weight right away.

BUT when I weened my son after one year, I gained about 25 pounds. Why? Because I didn't reduce my calorie intake as I stopped nursing and I was working overtime with no time to exercise.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    100lb. Mhm.

Taco Bell and icecream were the only things that didn't upset my stomach. Go figure, the worst two things I could possibly eat.
    Small price to pay for a 8lb13oz 19.5" healthy baby girl :)
  • AJDL
    AJDL Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1st time- 59 lbs, he was born @ 36 weeks, 3 days and was 9 lbs, 6 oz., lost 40 lbs overnight(my husband weighed me without me knowing in the bed) and it was all water weight.
    2nd time- I had lost 15 lbs working out hard, and looked good. Then, bam! Pregnant!! I gained almost 40 lbs. Had her @ 37 weeks, 3 days and she weighed 10 lbs, 3 oz. Still have 9 lbs to lose before I'm back to pre- 2nd preg weight.
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I gained 60 lbs. 205 the day I had my son. Thank goodness I am 5'10 because I did not look like I weighed 205 but my wide *kitten* said otherwise.

I'm like you, 5'10" and gained 50 lbs, 205 when I delivered. Everyone kept saying how I was skinny pregnant woman.... I felt like a beached whale!

Oh and my most recent one was born at 38 weeks and 2 days, he was 8 lbs. 9 oz., 21.75" long. Second one I gained 45 and she was 8 lbs 13 oz and term. First one I gained 40 lbs. and she was born at 37 weeks and 2 days and was 7 lbs. 9 oz..
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Baby #1 - about 30 lbs (born at 40+6, 7 lbs)
    Baby #2 - about 35 lbs (born at 29+3, 8 lbs 4 oz)
    Baby #3 - about 35-40 lbs. (born at 40 weeks exactly, 8 lbs)
    So far this time - about 10 lbs, with 2 months to go.

I noticed it got harder to lose with baby #3 (age?) and I didn't want to have so much to do this time, plus I was already carrying extra weight. Yes, MFP has made a big difference in keeping it under control!
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    60lbs.
    Had an 8lb 9oz boy, :]
    The last time I remember being weighed before given birth I was 250.
    Now I am 206 and my little one is 7months old!
  • DarcieC2389
    Options
    Not the typical pregnancy weight gain. I only gained about 15 lbs, but I had kidney stones and pain and had to get a nephrostomy tube in one of my kidneys the last trimester. I also went into labor 7 weeks early. Also I was overweight to begin with, so that might have had something to do with the small weight gain. My belly button didn't even pop out!