What made you finally get off your butt?

124»

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Well after christmas last year i thought id weigh myself, i weighed in at 16.6!!! I was shocked, i couldnt believe it! An 18 year old just about fitted into a size 18 tops and bottoms, i was mortified! I knew i had to do something about it. Also all my horrid pictures from rides last year and just random ones of when i went out for nights out and peeps took piccies of me unexpecdetly, i looked like a beach whale!

Soo january 2011 came, start of a new year, start of a new me!! And boy have i worked hard the last 7 months!! Im now down 2 and a half stone! :) i now weigh in at 13.12 and im hopeing to reach a goal of 11 stone :)
  • cpfmrp
    cpfmrp Posts: 18 Member
    The majority of my family is over weight. (Biological family) I have worked really hard all my life to stay in my ideal weight range for my height. A few years back I found out I had a broken back and stopped working out. The thing is, is that apparently my back had been broken for like 15 years without me knowing it. But with the new found knowlage about my spine, I got scared and didn't want to do any thing for fear of messsing up my back even further.

Slowly the weight crept up from 115 lbs my normal comfortable weight to 132 lbs!!! That is the most I have weighed without being pregnant! I knew I wanted to do something about it but only tried with halfway attempted for short periods of time. I found myself getting more tired, then I would snack more, which would make me gain weight, which made me tired...... you get the picture. I felt uncomfortable in my clothes, while sitting, while standing, nothing was comfortable for me anymore all because of the extra 17 lbs on me.

Well the real kicker was over the fourth of July weekend, I went to visit my family and realized how large everyone had gotten. (It was truly shocking!!!) I saw the health problems start to arise because of it. I knew I had to do something. I lost one pound before starting MFP and have lost one more since I started!!! Yay!!!! I am on my way to my healthy and comfortable 115 lbs.

yay!!!
  • Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    I stood on the scale on day and realized that 4 years later i weighed just as much as I did only a few days after having my daughters. I was disgusted because that meant I had gained back the 35 pounds I had lost. I want to be irritated that my clothes don't fit right because they are falling off, not because I can't get them buttoned. I guess I just had enough of eating what I want and just want to get around to feeling about myself the way I want!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    I was working fulltime,, was a fulltime mother and had this killer commute. It was not good for me especially since I was already overweight after 2 hard pregnancies and getting older. Finally my firm opened an office in my town and I requested to have some days there. There were alot of people asking but my boss had been the one to get it open so I was lucky. That birthday I asked for a gym membership for my birthday. I was walking as much as I could. However increasing my exercise didn't really work. I was laid off a few years ago and after another killer temporary job ended I found this site. I was exercising more and more and trying to eat about the same or less but it took logging everything in to be able to start to lose weight. So for me it was not one thing it was continuing to try to find something that worked over years.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    My weight had been creeping up and when I hit 155 I vowed to do something. Course then I got pregnant and didn't want to lose weight then, but a few months after giving birth, I made a good attempt and got down to 145. I got off the wagon for a bit, but am getting back on!