I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• agreenmess
    agreenmess Posts: 94
    Options
    bump
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Mine says 32H!! Holy crap! I've never even seen one that size!
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    pretty sure it's nowhere close to correct for me.....
    I've been wearing 38 B with a band extender...
    it told me I'm a 40DD :huh: ...there;s no way in H*ll I'm a DD...(possibly a C..) . but I shall be going to a store to get fitted this weekend :laugh:

..my measurements are 39 underbust and 44 around..
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't think this website is running any more.
    But i found this -

http://m.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size

the old fashioned measures that add 4 inches to your under bust measurement are wrong for todays bras.
    Most modern day bras have the band size about the same as your under bust measurement.

Im a 32h in brands like freya, panache, bravissimo etc but old measures say im a 36e. This would be huge around my ribs and too small in the cup. i have a 34g bra from before weight loss and i can literally fit both fists under the band and pull it out from my chest, clearly no support there!

Remember ladies, support comes from the band and it should fit snugly against your ribcage. Many women who are say a 38dd actually need a 34f etc etc.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ps also, measuring your boobs alone is often not enough as breasts come in all different shapes and you may need slightly different sizes in different styles. Best thing is to try them on and looked for the things discussed in the article.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Mine says 32H!! Holy crap! I've never even seen one that size!

Lol, me too! I'm horrified!
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Ok so i am sat wearing a 32DD but should be wearing a 30DD so not too bad really, although i doubt many of the places near me do anything in a 30 above a B cup.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

If you have a larger bust size (like me)--whenever you go down and inch or two in bust size, you wanna know how to calculate your new bra size, but! Company's like Victoria's Secret and others try to put you in HUGE band sizes with small cups...GRRR...you get spill over and saggy boobs, sport's bras that make people yell, "get a bra!" at you when you go running (I kid you not! This happened to me when I was wearing TWO sports bras at once (crappy kind I don't buy anymore that they sell in the sportswear section)). Until that one golden day when you go to a proper bra fitter and they say something like, "Oh no honey! You are NOT at 38DD, you are a 34DDDD!" OMG...seriously...Vic's Secret was shoving me into bras they sold in their store (cups only go to DD there) and because that's how they were taught to size...Sad! For me this wonderful place was the Seattle Flagship Nordstrom (Oh ligurie dept. you really do have my size and care about my fit!)--I swear it nearly made me cry.

Anyhow! I'm lost a few inches since then, been resized and am a 32DDD (yay!). I found this fit calculator that does NOT add 4 inches to your band size when sizing--so the cups are accurate!

http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/

Website is completely random, but this fitter works great. Underbust and Over bust are all you need. :) Happy hunting ladies!

VS measured me and said i was a 36C. I just used that calculator you posted and it says 36C. But when I try on bra's at VS that are 36C's I get all kinds of spillage, the muffin top boob thing going on or flat pancake boobs. But 36D's fit me just right without the ugly nasty spillage all over the place. You still have to try the bra on no matter what any calculator or measurements say. Not all bra's are created equal.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Waaay off come on really? I'm a c/d depending on bra and this says I'm a G. Ya right !,
  • BRANDYGR8MOVES
    BRANDYGR8MOVES Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spippin73
    Options
    OMG...if this really works it is an answer to a prayer!!! thx so much
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Also try

herroom.com

They have a bra size calculator and a questionnaire that you fill out about your breasts. Like what shape they are and problem areas you may have. Then they recommend bras to tailored to your specific breast type. The bras are pricey, but can your really put a price on a good fitting bra, lol?
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Can't wait to check it out! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • pcgirl58
    pcgirl58 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I Always have trouble getting a good bra fit :S
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    This is lovely news I'll have to check it out!
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this...my curiosity made me find my tape measure and am happy to report my "under" is 38." Last time I measured (many years ago, ~4.5) I was 43" or so... :~) I once saw a woman wearing a custom made bra, I was sooooooo jealous, her aunt worked in a bra making place and had them made for her. They are very expensive to have made.
  • th1nkth1nmama
    Options
    according to this I am a 40G?? wow! that is crazy. I've been buying 42D for a long time now and when I was nursing my son, I was measured at 44E.
  • knw32183
    Options
    Definitely checking this out later!!