I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,173 Member
    This is the one I use....its accurate for me. :)

http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Is this only for larger busts? I'm not large but I was fitted wrong twice at VS and my bras suck now!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    bump for later
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    The men of the world thank you.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    All this calculator is doing is (bust size) - (band size) = cup size.

lol.
  • Thanks for the tip. Sometimes you just want to know your bra size without getting some poor saleslady's hopes up.
  • bump
  • Indyimp
    Indyimp Posts: 75 Member
    I tried it, it said I was a 34H. I've tried on 34s in the store but they're always too small, so I end up with a 36 or 38. If I wear too small a band size my back and underarm fat surround it and look awful. Where do you find an H? I've never seen anything higher than a DDD and even those are hard to find when you drop bellow a 40 band.

I have this problem! One of my goals is to lose enough weight (and hopefully boobs) to by bras in a store, lol! Unfortunately, online is the only place I can find true fitting bras. Try biggerbras.com or herroom
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    According to it, I'm a 44DD.

Yeah, these bad boys have enough space in a D.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    30G

:noway: :noway:
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    It says 34... I'm on the loosest setting on a 36 and some days I feel like I have bra rolls. I don't think going down a size would be doing me any favors!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    im a 32B. i have YET to find a bra i like in that size :(
  • Rule of thumb for measurements - A cup size for every inch difference between your chest and bust measurement (at least for those of us on the Imperial system, from the looks of the other numbers, I'd guess they have a similar logic behind at least most of them). That's really all that calculator does is do that math for you (which is a nice convenience factor) using that guideline. At least it's honest!

As for Victoria Secret - they cater specifically to smaller women (like seriously, have you seen their models? That's their ideal demographic). If you're anything larger than about a 38 or DD, don't expect to find much (and even on that upper end, don't expect to find much other than maybe sportswear). I used to do work for them and when we asked about them carrying larger sizes, they said they never will, as that's not their target demographic and they have no interest in changing that.

Thanks for confirming this. I"ve always been a bit peeved at VS because the brick and morter stores do not carry my size anymore. (40). They stop at 38 band size. Now, the catalog and online VS do carry a size 40 but its mostly only in the full coverage styles. HELLLOOO there VS..I realize your demographic is young and small, but perhaps you should reconsider being as older women (for the most part) tend to have the money to be able to spend on your extreemly overpriced bra's. Besides which, a size 40 band is in NO WAY a huge size!

the only difference I can tell is that the young teen/early 20's demographic may have less money, but what they do have is generally more disposable income then that of the older demographic. But it still peeves me that I cant walk into one of their stores (which by the way I happen to have a credit card for) and buy something off the shelf. I've been seriously considering just boycotting them alltogeather.
  • Bump for later!
  • Iwillblossom
    Iwillblossom Posts: 44 Member
    Bump
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Hello Ladies!

If you have a larger bust size (like me)--whenever you go down and inch or two in bust size, you wanna know how to calculate your new bra size, but! Company's like Victoria's Secret and others try to put you in HUGE band sizes with small cups...GRRR...you get spill over and saggy boobs, sport's bras that make people yell, "get a bra!" at you when you go running (I kid you not! This happened to me when I was wearing TWO sports bras at once (crappy kind I don't buy anymore that they sell in the sportswear section)). Until that one golden day when you go to a proper bra fitter and they say something like, "Oh no honey! You are NOT at 38DD, you are a 34DDDD!" OMG...seriously...Vic's Secret was shoving me into bras they sold in their store (cups only go to DD there) and because that's how they were taught to size...Sad! For me this wonderful place was the Seattle Flagship Nordstrom (Oh ligurie dept. you really do have my size and care about my fit!)--I swear it nearly made me cry.

Anyhow! I'm lost a few inches since then, been resized and am a 32DDD (yay!). I found this fit calculator that does NOT add 4 inches to your band size when sizing--so the cups are accurate!

http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/

Website is completely random, but this fitter works great. Underbust and Over bust are all you need. :) Happy hunting ladies!

Thanks for the link. Will check it out.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Uh..there is absolutely no way I'm a 30DD :noway: :laugh:
  • MRL_74
    MRL_74 Posts: 18 Member
    This is great! Thanks for sharing!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I ALWAYS go to Nordstrom when I need to be refitted. The whole "swing sizing" concept never made sense to me...if "90% of support is supposed to come from the band," how is screwing around with the band size to make the cups fit a good idea??

This! I started going to Nordstrom's a few years ago.. I only trust those fitters! Amazingly, it agrees to the calculator that was posted here...
  • GrannieNannie
    GrannieNannie Posts: 1 Member
    Bump Thanks