OCD Confessions

Options
ItsCasey
ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
We all have them. Here are a few of mine:

1. I frequently put things I've already done on my to-do list, just for the satisfaction of crossing them off.

2. When eating chips or french fries or anything served in pieces, I have to eat them in order of size, starting with the smallest first.

3. If a room in my home is unoccupied, the door must be closed, or I will flip out.

4. Both the toilet seat and the toilet lid must be down when the toilet is not being used, unless you want me to start twitching.

5. I cannot let other people make sandwiches for me. If I eat a sandwich, I have to make it myself.

What about y'all?

Replies

• IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't like my cheese to touch the mayo on my sandwich...ewwww freaks me out
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    some of those sound neurotic...

locking doors, always double check.
    always checking to see if my phone and wallet are there, wtf
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    1. On TVs, Radios, etc. I have to have the volume on an even number.

2. When putting stuff away in the cupboards, fridge, etc. the labels have to be facing forward.

3. Money in my wallet all has to be facing the same direction, and in order from largest bills to smallest.

4. IDK if this is OCD, but I cannot stand when people touch me with their socks lol.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I have too many quirks to list here!

- My closets have to be organized by type of clothes and in color order from white - rainbow - brown - grey - black. My boyfriend threatened to rearrange my closet in the middle of the night and I started freaking out that he might try to do it.

- I eat anything multicolored like gummy bears or skittles or M&Ms in a specific color order depending on how much I like that flavor.

- I can only turn the volume of the TV up in increments of 2 and 5 (i.e. it can be at 15 but not 17).

- I have an order of doing things in the shower, and I can't go out of order or i get annoyed. Same goes with my makeup routine.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but I'm certain there is more...
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    When listening to music or watching tv the volume always has to be on an even number.
  • TiffyCooper
    Options
    Cabinet doors. Even if they are slightly open I HAVE to close them all the way!
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I am totally with you on the first one with the "to-do" lists...I do that all the time...lol!

I cannot stand things off centered or a bottle turned so the front label isn't showing. I will catch myself straightening bottles/cans on the shelf in the store..lol

It drives me crazy to start a list (for my own use) and spell something wrong or not like the handwriting...I have written grocery lists 5 times just because I don't like the way it looks when I'm done!!

**Edited for misspelling...imagine that...lol
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    *I have hand sanitizer at my desk, in my purse, in my car and on my nightstand. Germy hands freak me out!
    *My feet cannot touch each other while I'm lying in bed to go to sleep. I have to wrap the blanket around one so the bare skin doesn't touch.
    *I change my undies at least twice a day. I like the fresh feeling of clean drawers, and often change after work when changing out of work clothes and again before bed.
    *I do the list thing too!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    1.) When putting food away in the cabinets, boxes must go in height order, shortest to tallest, while the cans are in alphabetical order facing front.

2.) Clothes in the closet go in order of sleeve length and color, sirt length and color then slack length and color.

3.) DVD's go in alphabetical order, and yes, I do notice when they are out of order and without a word, I will switch them back, when people think they are funny for moving them thinking I won't notice (or they like to torment me). Ü

4.) I like even numbers, so when working out rather than 4 sets of 20, I would prefer 5 sets of 20 or 4 of 25 to make it an even 100.

5.) I eat my candy (when I do) In color order, rather than a handful of multiple colors in order of my least favorite to my favorite.

6.) Poor spelling drives me BATTY.

7.) Cabinet doors and drawers cannot be open, I will walk by and close them.

8.) I count everything.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    some of those sound neurotic...

I agree. But it really is a mental thing with me. It's not just me being a pain in the *kitten*, whining about the toilet seat being up.

I have a friend who can't deal with the TV or car stereo volume being set on an odd number. He seriously freaks out. (Edit: OMG, I didn't realize how many other people have this problem.)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I always wish OCD was "right". It should be called CDO.

I don't like eating eggs and chicken on the same salad...its like eating parent and child at once, freaks me out.
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    if i type something that has a spelling mistake in it, i HAVE to find a way to delete it and replace it, or I'll just keep posting other things so that what i originally posted can't be seen anymore.

i ALSO write a to-do list so that i can cross things off.

if a book has a page doggie-eared or torn, i won't read it.

if my radio/tv is on, the volume has to be at a denomination of 5 or 10.

i cannot sleep if my closet door is open, even slightly, or any of my dresser drawers.
  • betsyweltha
    betsyweltha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im a list *kitten*... sorry for the language but its the best way to describe it.... :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    It drives me crazy to start a list (for my own use) and spell something wrong or not like the handwriting...I have written grocery lists 5 times just because I don't like the way it looks when I'm done!!

OMG...That ^^^ is why I have stacks of scrap paper on my desk, b/c I will start to write a list or something, and the writing isn't perfect, I will re-write it just to make it look nice!!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    When listening to music or watching tv the volume always has to be on an even number.

My thing is a multiple of 5. I freak out if its not.
  • change_happens
    Options
    We all have them. Here are a few of mine:

1. I frequently put things I've already done on my to-do list, just for the satisfaction of crossing them off.

2. When eating chips or french fries or anything served in pieces, I have to eat them in order of size, starting with the smallest first.

3. If a room in my home is unoccupied, the door must be closed, or I will flip out.

4. Both the toilet seat and the toilet lid must be down when the toilet is not being used, unless you want me to start twitching.

5. I cannot let other people make sandwiches for me. If I eat a sandwich, I have to make it myself.

What about y'all?

you are funny! Lmbo!

For me... you don't even want to konw my list.... I would lose all of my friends on MFP ... lol!

1. When i turn the stove off I have to check it every few minutes to make sure it is still off. Yeah, I know... like it is going to come back on. I do this until it is time to go to bed. And before I go to bed, I will stand over the stove, touch every knob and it's associated notifier and say, "off....off...off" This way I can hear myself saying that it is actually off. (I believe this came from my being in a really bad fire. After that, I have been super careful about stuff like that)

2. applying deoderant.... same number of applications on both sides, starting from the upper and then to the lower.

That is enough... probably to much info :) lol
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I count constantly... I count everything... steps, pencil taps, foot wiggles... it's enough to drive a gal insane!!

I drive a manual transmission, at a stop sign or light I will check and recheck the car in and out of first to neutral.

In between sentances while I am typing and thinking I will hit the arrow keys back and forth until I have come up with the next thing I am going to say.

I hate hate HATE it when people get things out of cabinets or drawers and leave them open or ajar. I will get up and go over wherever I am to fix it. I've even done it at other people's houses.

I also hate it when people get into my car and mess with my vents or when they close them part way and leave them ajar or not even. It's gotta be the most distracting thing in the world when I am driving.

The list goes on and on but those are the most common ones but then again I was also diagnosed with OCD when I was 16 years old.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My food on my diary has to be in order!! If the milk is listed before the cereal, or the meat before the side, it drives me nuts!! My sandwich has to be in line, I don't like when it's uneven! My dishwasher has to be loaded a certain way.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just to name one, I can't get out of bed unless the time is on a multiple of 5. As in 7:55, 8:00, 8:05... if it's 8:03 I stay in bed for 2 more minutes till it hits 8:05 and then if I miss it and it hits 8:06 I have to wait till 8:10.

And yes, I am late for work often because of this. lol
  • dlangenfeld
    Options

I'm the same. Pretty much with anything, it has to be even, or an increment of 5 if it's not even. lol