Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options
Hey guys,

I know there are a couple of posts out about this already but most seem to have started a couple of months ago so I thought I'd start a new one for August beginners. Anyone out there going to be doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30? I just picked up a copy today and plan on starting tonight. I'll be incorporating it into my current workout routine which involves 4-6 days a week of cardio (zumba or aeroboxing). I would love to hear how others are progressing with this, give and receive support along the way and if anyone wants to post before and after pics or measurements at the end that would be fantastic. I think it helps other people who may be interested in trying this out as well, I know it's something I looked for before I bought it and only found a couple! I'll take my measurements and before pics tonight. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some changes and increasing my strength! I know JIllian is going to kick my *kitten* and hopefully help me out of the 3 week plateau I've been in :-)

Julie

Replies

• mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options
    I do not have it, but have ordered it, and am currently doing 30 day shred. I'll jump in tho when I get it.
  • tkirkes
    tkirkes Posts: 121
    Options
    IGNORE THIS I KEEP THINKING 30DS not RIPPED... SORRY!!!

I started it on the first of August... Today will be my fourth day to do 30SD w/ JM... I feel so good but a little sore. Day 1,2,3 really kicked my rear!!! But I'm loving it, I did keep measurements and if you would like to keep in contact I would love that. Have a great day and lets hope this helps!!! : )
  • Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just completed the DVD. I wish I would've thought to track my weight loss from the beginning but I didn't. I started with 30ds then became bored since it was my 3rd round. Then moved on to ripped in 30 so I had already lost a few pounds by then and I didn't even think about measurements or pictures.

I lost around 17-22 pounds on it. Again, not sure exactly how much. I love ripped in 30!
  • Juliane1986
    Juliane1986 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I do not have it, but have ordered it, and am currently doing 30 day shred. I'll jump in tho when I get it.

Woohoo! I'm excited! Thanks for joining!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    I just completed the DVD. I wish I would've thought to track my weight loss from the beginning but I didn't. I started with 30ds then became bored since it was my 3rd round. Then moved on to ripped in 30 so I had already lost a few pounds by then and I didn't even think about measurements or pictures.

I lost around 17-22 pounds on it. Again, not sure exactly how much. I love ripped in 30!

Wow! 17-22lbs is a fantastic loss through these programs. Thanks for the feedback.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I completed JM30DS in July and then started this video on Monday, August 2nd. I won't do what I did with the shred (I did all 30 days w/out any breaks at all) because my body didn't like that so much, so I'll take a day off here or there, but I am doing this until I get through all 4 levels!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    dragonflydi welcome!!! Thanks for joining! I'm really looking forward to this now....feels like having people hold you accountable but also doing it at the same time is a great motivation. I'll probably end up doing this anywhere from 4-6 days a week depending on my schedule and how my trainer is doing. She injured herself about 3 weeks ago and so we haven't been working out but I usually train with her for an hour once a week in the morning so I won't be doing Ripped in 30 those days.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    dragonflydi welcome!!! Thanks for joining! I'm really looking forward to this now....feels like having people hold you accountable but also doing it at the same time is a great motivation. I'll probably end up doing this anywhere from 4-6 days a week depending on my schedule and how my trainer is doing. She injured herself about 3 weeks ago and so we haven't been working out but I usually train with her for an hour once a week in the morning so I won't be doing Ripped in 30 those days.

Love to have people on here that are working together towards a goal!

Someone needs to tell her trainer she is not allowed to injur herself! And here I thought they were invincible :)

I am considering doing the Ripped DVD M-F and taking my weekends off ... I still do physically active things, but just not quite as strenuous stuff :)
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Someone needs to tell her trainer she is not allowed to injur herself! And here I thought they were invincible :)

Hahaha I know right! Well I just found out tonight that she's now moved from crutches into a boot so while she can't teach fitness classes she should be able to personal train me again soon. Fingers crossed!

On another note....Week 1 day 1 completed of Ripped in 30! YAY!!! I know I should take my measurements in the morning but I have an early, early start and will probably be running late so, evening measurements it is! I'll compare in 30 days when I've completed the program :-)

Bust: 35"
    Waist: 28.2"
    Hips:39.5
    Upper Right Thigh: 22.25"
    Right Arm: 10"

Had my body fat % measured the other day and it was down to 21.1%. I'll reevaluate in 30 days as well.
  • misscollegiate
    Options
    I'm new to this website. I bought Ripped in 30 & her 14 day Cleanse and Burn. For Ripped in 30, I am on Level 1 day 3. I really love it so far. With her cleanse thing, I am on day 4. The first day I tried it, I lost like 1.5 lbs. I think that was from some hamburgers I had the week before. When I'm drenched in sweat from Ripped in 30, my sweat reaches my mouth some time & it's not as salty tasting as it use to be. I recommend that y'all try her 14 day thing. I'm going to keep you all updated with results and such. Hope all of you are having much success. Also, I do some stomach exercises before I do ripped in 30 & afterwards I try to get on the treadmill for like 30-60mins to release some of the soreness.
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    misscollegiate thanks for the tip on the cleanse! I think after my birthday next weekend I might look into that (because lets face it, there's no way I could do a cleanse that weekend! lol)

How is the cleanse going for you? Is it very restrictive?
  • misscollegiate
    Options
    It's pretty good. It helps to get rid of belly bloating & u don't feel bloated. It cleanses your system and basically helps to regulate you. I'm starting the Maximum Fat Burner & Probiotic pills this week. I'll keep you updated on how that goes.
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Thanks misscollegiate!

Completed Week 1 Day 2 on Saturday. Was out of town for the weekend which put a dent in things so picking up where I left off today with Week 1 day 3 this evening. Looking forward to getting back on my schedule!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 completed! After my aeroboxing class too....I am most likely going to be feeling that tomorrow!!!!
  • misscollegiate
    Options
    Juliane1986 that sounds like fun & I bet you will lol. I've finished Week 1 & I start Week 2 Day 1 tomorrow. I am kind of nervous about it, but I know if I keep positive it'll only bring positive energy. I'm on my second day of the Maximum Fat Burner pills, making it Day 9 of 14 for the Jillian Michaels Cleanse & Burn. This basically has caffeine in it so it doesn't take me as long to reach my target heart rate. I'm still doing the stomach exercises prior the Ripped in 30 and afterwards treadmill. I definitely feel more energized and toned. I can tell my thighs are not "jiggling" as much lol thanks to those deadlifts and squats and football thing she makes us do on Week 1. Hope all of you all are keeping motivated. We can do it! =]
  • ASturtevant79
    ASturtevant79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I got the dvd on sunday and will be doing week 1 day 4 tomorrow. The first day I was hating her! Now that I'm a couple days in week 1 is easier for me. I still hit the gym for my cardio every other days so my plan is to do the ripped dvd 6 days a week and get my cardio in at least 4 days a week.My weight hasn't moved for the last couple of weeks and I hope this jump starts my body. I also eat clean with one cheat item on the weekend. These pounds need to go!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on picking it up tomorrow. :)
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Let me get this out of the way first: I LOVE JILLIAN MICHAELS WORKOUTS!!!

My starting weight is 118lbs at 5 feet tall. Not looking to lose too much weight, just tone up.

I'm on Level 1, Day 2 of Ripped in 30. I burned 293 calories in 35 minutes and was literally dripping sweat! I can't wait to see the calorie burn on the subsequent levels!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Juliane1986 that sounds like fun & I bet you will lol. I've finished Week 1 & I start Week 2 Day 1 tomorrow. I am kind of nervous about it, but I know if I keep positive it'll only bring positive energy. I'm on my second day of the Maximum Fat Burner pills, making it Day 9 of 14 for the Jillian Michaels Cleanse & Burn. This basically has caffeine in it so it doesn't take me as long to reach my target heart rate. I'm still doing the stomach exercises prior the Ripped in 30 and afterwards treadmill. I definitely feel more energized and toned. I can tell my thighs are not "jiggling" as much lol thanks to those deadlifts and squats and football thing she makes us do on Week 1. Hope all of you all are keeping motivated. We can do it! =]

That's awesome! Keep up the great work! I love how motivated you are....these DVD's I feel are hard enough to do by themselves but working out both before and after it..well....that's dedication right there!!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    I'm planning on picking it up tomorrow. :)

Woohoo!! Welcome!!! It's a great burn. Don't forget to take your measurements and before and after pics so you can compare when your done. I find that to be the most motivating factor for me when I can physically see the changes taking place in my body. I'm a little bit of a scale junkie and I'm learning to not pay as much attention to that as to how I feel and how I look!

Good luck!