Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    yikes! did level 2 day 1 yesterday! ouch ouch ouch! wow, its definitely harder than level one! will do day 2 today and then go for a 5k run!

whats everyone else doing? im doing 6 days a week of a level , one rest day then up a level.
  • Juliane1986
    Juliane1986 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I had every intention of doing 6 days a week and 1 day rest but the first week my schedule just did not work out that way!! I will be doing that starting tomorrow with week 2 though. Yikes, sounds tough! But I'm looking forward to a good burn! My body had apparently gotten too used to the workouts I was doing so it's nice to feel that good, satisfying burn from Jillian's workouts!
  • M_lifts
    Options
    I had every intention of doing 6 days a week and 1 day rest but the first week my schedule just did not work out that way!! I will be doing that starting tomorrow with week 2 though. Yikes, sounds tough! But I'm looking forward to a good burn! My body had apparently gotten too used to the workouts I was doing so it's nice to feel that good, satisfying burn from Jillian's workouts!

its good, i couldnt do all the moves as had to stop and rewind to get some of the workouts! lol, so my polar said 195 cals, for level one i averaged about 245cals. however i reckon once i 'get' all the moves i keen easily get back there!
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I start week 3 on Wednesday. Two more days of week 2, I'm so ready to move on. I might take tomorrow off tho since it's my birthday and I start babysitting tomorrow, so that will be four kids! So a 4 yr old, 2 yr old, 15 month old, and a 7 month old. Lol that be a workout in it's own!
  • Summerleahd
    Options
    My HRM reads about 350 cal burned a hour. I know I push myself hard, and I use 5 pd weights, when I use 3 pd weights I don't burn as much. And I'm drenched by the end. So I'm asking does that seem like too many calories burned, could by HRM be off?
  • M_lifts
    Options
    My HRM reads about 350 cal burned a hour. I know I push myself hard, and I use 5 pd weights, when I use 3 pd weights I don't burn as much. And I'm drenched by the end. So I'm asking does that seem like too many calories burned, could by HRM be off?

sounds good to me! remember im only 5'2.5" so shortie! and 121lbs. so will burn a lot less than you even though i use same weights as you! I have to work very hard now to get that amount of burn!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    I start week 3 on Wednesday. Two more days of week 2, I'm so ready to move on. I might take tomorrow off tho since it's my birthday and I start babysitting tomorrow, so that will be four kids! So a 4 yr old, 2 yr old, 15 month old, and a 7 month old. Lol that be a workout in it's own!

Happy Early Birthday!! Yes I agree, definitely going to be a workout in itself!
  • natashaivanov
    Options
    I just started ripped in 30 today!! It was definitely a good workout, and im looking forward to pushing myself harder each day. I used to do pilates for over 3 years everyday, but now i feel like i need something new, since i've fallen a little off track. I also was an avid user of Zumba for WII but now its time to kick it up with a Jillian workout. She has an amazing body and strong willpower. I cant wait to see what the end of my thirty days will have to show :)
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    I just started ripped in 30 today!! It was definitely a good workout, and im looking forward to pushing myself harder each day. I used to do pilates for over 3 years everyday, but now i feel like i need something new, since i've fallen a little off track. I also was an avid user of Zumba for WII but now its time to kick it up with a Jillian workout. She has an amazing body and strong willpower. I cant wait to see what the end of my thirty days will have to show :)

Welcome!! Keep us updated on your progress!! This DVD definitely is a good workout. I love knowing that after the first round there are only 2 more left and I'm done. It makes it easier to get through.....mind you I haven't hit week 2 yet and from what I've heard...I might be thinking differenly pretty soon!!

I'll definitely check in and let you guys know once I start week 2 tomorrow!
  • emk13
    emk13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm new to Myfitness pal and obviously to this blog, but I've been doing ripped in 30 for 3 weeks now and am beginning week 4 today.
    It's definitely intense, but I love it! I'm a little nervous for week 4, but it's only one week:)
    I also want to get her yoga dvd...has anyone tried that?
    -Emily
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Hi Emily! Welcome to our blog!! How is Ripped in 30 working out for you? Have you noticed any changes (strength wise or physically?)

I didn't know she had a Yoga DVD. Yoga isn't really my thing but I think it's something I should probably give another shot to keep my workouts from getting too repetitive or boring. Let me know how you like it if you end up trying it.
  • Summerleahd
    Options
    I love her yoga meltdown DVD. I've never done any other type of yoga so I have nothing to compare to it or an knowledge about yoga but it does give me a nice sweat. Ive only done level one I never stuck with it long enough bc I would start doing other things, but it is a good workout. I plan on using it three times a week at some point but right now I'm doing ripped in 30 and 10 minute trainer I just don't have the time to fit it in yet.
  • mheightchew
    Options
    I have been doing a full week, with one day off as well. I did level 3 again this morning and was surprised that I felt a litle stronger. I still don't like going from a dang duck walk to a squat jack though. I'm sure they use some of these moves for torture somewhere in the world. Anyone else seen the ads for her new butt and thighs DVD? Looks like it might be a good one to add to the mix :) WHoever tries the Yoga, let me know
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Butt and thighs DVD????????? That might be my next venture!!!! I carry my weight in my hips and thighs but have like NO butt. I would love to tone the $#@& out of my butt lol. See if that does anything to enhance it a bit :-)

I wonder if anyone has tried this as well.

Finished my first week tonight, woot woot! Kinda scared for tomorrow...but we'll see how it goes! No pain no gain!
  • misscollegiate
    Options
    Wow, I'll have to try that butt & thighs DVD too since those are my problem areas too. Well I have finished the cleanse and fat burner pills. I lost a total of 8.8 pounds & 4 inches. I recommend it. Tomorrow I will be on week 2 day 5 of Ripped in 30.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Ok, anyone else on Week 3. I DON"T LIKE IT!!!!!! lol I don't know what it is, but my body is definitly not liking this one. I think my abs actually laughed at me once. I'm gonna stick with it though. Either I really trust Jillian Michaels or I'm just plain freakin nuts!
    day 1 of week 3 for me..geeeeeeeeeeezzz....what in the world, lol! after i figured out the moves it was really really tough!
  • mheightchew
    Options
    Ok, for those of you interested in the butt and thighs DVD, I just found it on Amazon. It doesn't come out until 09/06 but you can pre-order it at a special price, $8.99
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Just in time for finishing up Ripped in 30 lol. I'll definitely be looking into that DVD!
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was posting in another Ripped thread but haven't seen it. Week 3 is evil. It's the hardest workout I've ever done. I'm doing week 4 now (day 2) and it's not as bad. I do start to cry however during the cardio segment with the burpees and scissor kicks. LOL. The best is that she says "What are you going to cry now??? Whaaa!" right when I'm about to cry. LMAO. I love Jillian so much more than those happy instructors. Stick with it everyone!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Oh lord, I'm just starting week 2 tonight and getting scared! lol. Question....does anyone think that 5lb weights will be too heavy moving forward with the next couple of weeks (I haven't taken a look at the workouts for weeks 2-4 yet. The lowest I have are 5lbs but I can pick up some 3lb weights today. I was able to manage on week 1 with 5lbs with everything except for the side lunge things (I kept losing my balance so I dropped one weight and just used one for that workout).

What do you think? I don't know what to expect!