If you are having trouble losing weight still - Read

Options

Replies

• lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    my tdee (i put moderately active as I exercise at least 3 times a week is ) 2365 - seems a bit high no?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    How do you suggest calculating the minimum amount of each macro? Do you suggest a certain ratio? or something along the lines of 1g protein per lb of lean body mass?
    How do you decide macro levels the ones MFP gives you or something else?

Protein: You should eat .5g to 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass.
    Fats: You should eat .35g to .75g of dietary fat per lb of BODYWEIGHT.
    Carbs: You can either put the rest into carbs, or spread it out with additional fats and proteins to get your intake for the day.

1g protein = 4 cals
    1g fats = 9 cals
    1g carbs = 4 cals
  • joejccva71
    Options
    my tdee (i put moderately active as I exercise at least 3 times a week is ) 2365 - seems a bit high no?

You'd be surprised what you burn daily. Now remember the Activity Level factors that you see in MFP or another site are a rough guess. In order to be more accurate you should use a better formula but the ones that are good require you to know your bodyfat % to get your lean body mass factor.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    How do you suggest calculating the minimum amount of each macro? Do you suggest a certain ratio? or something along the lines of 1g protein per lb of lean body mass?

Get 1-1.5g of protein per pound of LM
    1g of carbs per pound of bw
    0.5-0.8g of fat per pound of bw/

So, if you weight 200 pounds:

170g of protein
    200g of carbs
    100g of fats

This would probably workout to around 2400calories and would beclose to maintenance for some 200 pound males, you'd cut back some fromt he fats and carbs a bit to cut.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Joe, you and I seem to come from the same school of thought on nutrition. :drinker:
  • mykismitty
    mykismitty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • joejccva71
    Options
    Joe, you and I seem to come from the same school of thought on nutrition. :drinker:

Looks that way. I was changing the protein intake from 1-1.5g per lb of lbm, to .5 to 1g because there are alot of people here that would be fine somewhere in the middle (roughly 100g of protein or so). As long as they get the minimums, etc.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Can we make this and the "should I eat my exercise calories" posts REQUIRED reading for every member of MFP? :laugh:
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wonderful - thank you! I love all of them, but #6 and #7 are great. I track every single thing that goes in my mouth. Even a 5 cal piece of sugar free gum. If I eat one tortilla chip, it goes in. And, I believe that you can eat whatever you want, in moderation. If you don't want ice cream or bacon, that's totally o-kay. But if you do, have some! Just track it, be honest about it, fit it into your day and your week, and move on.

Thx!
  • MedievalFreak
    Options
    This is amazing reading! Thanks!
  • lcarter25
    Options
    I used a bmr where i had to add in body fat (a few) adn teh consensus is my bmr is around 2091 does that mean i should eat 1591?
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    To the above poster: your deficit is calculated from your TDEE, not your BMR.

To OP: your post is excellent and fits my own experience closely.
  • lcarter25
    Options
    To the above poster: your deficit is calculated from your TDEE, not your BMR.

To OP: your post is excellent and fits my own experience closely.

my tdee is between 1925 - 2091
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    Great information thank you.

Curious, which Fish Oil do you recommend? Do you recommend any particular multi vitamin?

I determined my BMR to be 1964.05.
    My BMI is 42%

I am trying to determine how many calories I burn in a 24 hour period. I would say around 600. I don't know for sure though. How do I know for sure?

How Do I determine activity level in a 24 hour period-besides that fact that is mostly sedentary? I work out for 35 mins at lunch on the elliptical. Other than that, I am mostly on my rear for work and commuting.

(Total Daily Energy Expednture)? [BMR + activity level in a 24 hour period]

How many calories (Carbs, Protien, and FAT) should I have then to Lose Lose Lose and be the healthiest? Just trying to figure this out here. Thank you for your help.
  • joejccva71
    Options

Curious, which Fish Oil do you recommend? Do you recommend any particular multi vitamin?

My BMI is 42%

I am trying to determine how many calories I burn in a 24 hour period. I would say around 600. I don't know for sure though. How do I know for sure?

How Do I determine activity level in a 24 hour period-besides that fact that is mostly sedentary? I work out for 35 mins at lunch on the elliptical. Other than that, I am mostly on my rear for work and commuting.

How many calories (Carbs, Protien, and FAT) should I have then to Lose Lose Lose and be the healthiest? Just trying to figure this out here. Thank you for your help.

I personally take Controlled Labs Fish Oil. I've tried others, but CL makes really good products.

What are your stats exactly?

Age, Height, Weight, and Bodyfat% if you know this.

Thanks.
  • lcarter25
    Options

My BMI is 42%

I personally take Controlled Labs Fish Oil. I've tried others, but CL makes really good products.

What are your stats exactly?

Age, Height, Weight, and Bodyfat% if you know this.

Thanks.

I want in

25, 5ft 5, 156 and 33%
  • FluffyLadii
    FluffyLadii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this is very helpful. How do you calculate tdee??
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bump...........
  • bolera1
    bolera1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Love this information....thank you!
  • marieuno
    marieuno Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :smile: Great information!