What are your struggles with weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    mine are....
    i like to chew...even when i'm not hungry....i mean, its a habit to me...(i'm a human, not a rat..lol)...
    i really hate to exercise..workout...
    easily gain weight rather then loose them...(gaining 2.5kg in just 5 days)
    hard to maintain my weight after archiving the goal...(from 54kg..going...60kg...and still going up)
    there's sooooo much delicious food in my country...can't resist it...(most of my favorite food are all high in calories and fat)
    and the list keeps going on....hhuhuhuh...
    you can do it you already lost 4 pounds... that let's you know that you can lose the other 9. You just have to keep going and find what works for you...do you journal what you eat?
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    my problem is eating with my extended family.. they food they cook is linked to my childhood

were the type of family that involves food when we're together.. if we eat at someones place there is will the old time favorites on top of the new thing of the day. elaborate meals with 5 or 6 sitting.. we can sit down at the table at 6 and by midnight we are still there moving onto dessert.. of course we are not eating the whole time.. but it slowly rolls in... flowing with the wine..
    i love it !!!

also... if i screw up with my calories... im out of the day .. then it turns into a huge splugging until the next morning... that happens espacialy if i dunno the calorie content... like eating out to the restaurant (here in scotland there isnt the big chain restaurant where i can find calories online, just the fastfood chain that i wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole and the randoms pub)

so i have to avoid eating with people.. coz i know i cant be sensible, and eating out...

i do marevlous when im at home with my boyfriend..

ho gosh . sorry this was so long !!!
    may
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    my problem is eating with my extended family.. they food they cook is linked to my childhood

were the type of family that involves food when we're together.. if we eat at someones place there is will the old time favorites on top of the new thing of the day. elaborate meals with 5 or 6 sitting.. we can sit down at the table at 6 and by midnight we are still there moving onto dessert.. of course we are not eating the whole time.. but it slowly rolls in... flowing with the wine..
    i love it !!!

also... if i screw up with my calories... im out of the day .. then it turns into a huge splugging until the next morning... that happens espacialy if i dunno the calorie content... like eating out to the restaurant (here in scotland there isnt the big chain restaurant where i can find calories online, just the fastfood chain that i wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole and the randoms pub)

so i have to avoid eating with people.. coz i know i cant be sensible, and eating out...

may
    well you're doing something right!...congrats on the 56 lbs...Is the food in Scotland pretty good?Never been to Scotland...is it pretty cool?
  • may_marie
    Options

i love it !!!

may
    well you're doing something right!...congrats on the 56 lbs...Is the food in Scotland pretty good?Never been to Scotland...is it pretty cool?

i do good because im away from my family ,, they are all in canadaland..lol
    and me and my bf are not fans of eating out.. so no probs there..

i LOVE scotland :smooched: :heart: :smooched: :heart:
    the food is ok.. if your a meat eating.. its a little wierd though .. things like haggis, steak pie. bangers and mash. dumplings, fish and chip.. im a vegetarian . so i wouldnt know .lol.. but they do a vegetarian haggis and i quite like it.. verrryyyyyy high in calories though. so it hasnt been on the menu too much .lol.

my fav things here are the dramatic sceneries... its got something magical.. i also love the old building victorian style.. im crazy about everyting here :smile:

0-

1-Glencoe_1.jpg
  • may_marie
    Options
    oupsss... double post
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My biggest stumbling block is dinner. We have 4 boys who are all involved in activities, that all seem to happen either just before or just after dinner. There are a couple of nights a week when we eat in shifts, because one of us has two kids out for early shift activities, and the other one takes the later shift activity kids. And a lot of times, on these busy nights, we just grab fast food (or we used to, now we're making sandwiches to go with us), or we buy the quick and easy to fix microwavable dinners. I'm really trying to plan in advance, and to point out (to my husband) that broiling chicken takes just as little time as microwaving a tray of Banquet salisbury steaks. It's not perfect yet, but we are getting better at it.

Dinner is my hardest meal too! We have girls in swim practice and I work FT - so we use the crockpot to make soups, stews and etc. You can even make enchiladas, lasagna, chili, etc. - just about ANYTHING in the crockpot and - tada - dinner is ready when you come home!
  • huffster
    Options
    Okay, I admit, I did not read all the many replies to this post, so I am probably repeating what has already been said. I just can't resist putting my two cents in. It seems it started with "weight loss struggles" and perhaps ended up more of a problem solving thing, which is good.

My struggle is eating from boredom, eating while I do certain things, like watching TV, or computing. I have a great oral fixation and must have something in my mouth all the time. It's a good thing I dont' smoke! But I do eat and drink. Sodas, that is, I have a terrible addiction to sodas, which are poison and I know it. Probably just as bad as smoking for one's health. I used to joke that I eat from the three major food groups: sugar, salt and fat. Now I'm paying for my bad humor!

But I am committed to going out with a bang. I don't want to die a tub of lard on the sofa. I prefer the big one while biking some back country trail, or kayaking white water, hiking the Rockies, something glorious like that. I'm not aiming at immortality (not in THIS body!), but I do want to live as long as I can and as healthy as I can. I'm almost 50, but it's not too late.

There. I feel I've confessed some sin. Glad to get that off my chest.

Glad to "meet" you. May we (MFP) be your weight loss partners? Instead of one, you now have many.

Blessings! May you have huge success in seeking smallness. May you overcome your weaknesses and in the battle of the bulge, may thinness win. :glasses:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater.

I don't manage stress well.

I don't like to disapoint people so I take on too much and get overwhelmed.

I eat late at night.

I eat in secret.

I tend to do all or nothing. If something gets in the way and I can't do a 2 hour bike ride then I'll do nothing. Wendy's no longer carries the fat free french dressing I liked on my salad, so I'll get a burger and fries....
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater.

I don't manage stress well.

I don't like to disapoint people so I take on too much and get overwhelmed.

I eat late at night.

I eat in secret.

I tend to do all or nothing. If something gets in the way and I can't do a 2 hour bike ride then I'll do nothing. Wendy's no longer carries the fat free french dressing I liked on my salad, so I'll get a burger and fries....
    I'm working on emotional eating and not managing stress well also....I can say this site has helped me focus more on what's going in my mouth and what activities I can add in during the week...try asking for suggestions in the different forums on how to overcome your struggles...someone commented on overcoming emotional eating on the first page of this topic....take care, you can do it!:drinker: