I can't eat enough calories!

Options
13»

Replies

• lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Stick at it rayray, unfortunatly this happens in life. People don't understand so they critise. We ain't all jerks on here so don't be put off by a couple people whos not been through your situation!

All the best - Feel free to add me for some support/motivation if you want!

everyone is entitled to their own opinion and peoples opinions are different someone is not a jerk because they dont agree with you, why would you even say this
    because for someone to say they think someone is a liar, because they eat more then they think...some judge and say they lie, but honestly they dont.

noone said anyone is a liar they said they dont get how people can struggle to eat 1200. For you who do struggle if i posted starving all the time eating 1200 help you wouldnt get it cos your hungry.

I just think people should resort to rudeness theres no need for it

But see, don't you see what YOU just said??? "they said they don't get how people can struggle to eat 1200" THEY don't have to get it... I DO! YOU arent losing the weight for me!! you're not trying to figure out my bodies solution to the neglect I caused it (NOT my kids) ... I document EVERY SINGLE LITTLE CRUMB i shove into my fat mouth... and it DOESNT equal 1200 calories... as i was just trying to explain to someeone else... i started out with my goal being 1700... i went over this COUNTLESS days because i had never even looked at a food label... i didnt even know that a serving size wasnt the whole container until about a month ago!! so i gradually started removing things from my diet... reducing others... adding things... and i did some research and found out that it MAY be in my best interest to try 1200 cals for a little while and see what happens... AGAIN i went over day after day... so again, i deleted, modified, added... and now im trying to fill in the gaps... i was simply looking for advice... not sympathy and definitely not looking to be called a liar or fat... remember... we all know why we're here... a majority of us anyway... because we are fat & those of you who used to be are aparently full of yourselfs!!! if i was in your shoes... i wouldnt make fun of you. call you a liar or belittle you because you didnt understand something...

this thread is way too emotional I dont care enough that you dont eat 1200 and you shouldnt care this much about why I dont understand!! Good luck with your weightloss journey!!
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    She was actually called a liar in a different thread and at the end of the day this whole new thread wasn't needed because it's just singling out people who have different eating habbits to others.

Everyone started off overweight/underweight and nearly all of us started off with some kind of eating habbit we struggled to change. Sometimes people change it so much and its hard to find a medium. So what if people don't understand that? No need to make threads telling them there all stupid for not being able to find another 500 or so calories.

People eat veg, people get full. Big difference between empty calories in a burger filled with fat and chips and a full plate of veg and some chicken. Whats more filling?
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Stick at it rayray, unfortunatly this happens in life. People don't understand so they critise. We ain't all jerks on here so don't be put off by a couple people whos not been through your situation!

All the best - Feel free to add me for some support/motivation if you want!

everyone is entitled to their own opinion and peoples opinions are different someone is not a jerk because they dont agree with you, why would you even say this
    because for someone to say they think someone is a liar, because they eat more then they think...some judge and say they lie, but honestly they dont.

noone said anyone is a liar they said they dont get how people can struggle to eat 1200. For you who do struggle if i posted starving all the time eating 1200 help you wouldnt get it cos your hungry.

I just think people should resort to rudeness theres no need for it

But see, don't you see what YOU just said??? "they said they don't get how people can struggle to eat 1200" THEY don't have to get it... I DO! YOU arent losing the weight for me!! you're not trying to figure out my bodies solution to the neglect I caused it (NOT my kids) ... I document EVERY SINGLE LITTLE CRUMB i shove into my fat mouth... and it DOESNT equal 1200 calories... as i was just trying to explain to someeone else... i started out with my goal being 1700... i went over this COUNTLESS days because i had never even looked at a food label... i didnt even know that a serving size wasnt the whole container until about a month ago!! so i gradually started removing things from my diet... reducing others... adding things... and i did some research and found out that it MAY be in my best interest to try 1200 cals for a little while and see what happens... AGAIN i went over day after day... so again, i deleted, modified, added... and now im trying to fill in the gaps... i was simply looking for advice... not sympathy and definitely not looking to be called a liar or fat... remember... we all know why we're here... a majority of us anyway... because we are fat & those of you who used to be are aparently full of yourselfs!!! if i was in your shoes... i wouldnt make fun of you. call you a liar or belittle you because you didnt understand something...

this thread is way too emotional I dont care enough that you dont eat 1200 and you shouldnt care this much about why I dont understand!! Good luck with your weightloss journey!!

Thank you and good luck also.......just agree to disagree that not all people are fat because they overeat.....
  • RayRay042408
    Options
    i honestly DONT care. thats what i find funny... really its all whatever. i joined this conversation because i was singled out.. thats all. im not gonna sit here and let you belittling people talk about me and NOT come to bat for myself! i have nothing to defend... im FINE with my achievement that i have made so far and AM working to figure out how to continue!!!

if you dont have anything helpful to say... stick to mouthing off to the people who are gonna sit there and let u do it without saying anything... obviously some people are way too full of themselves or they just werent teased about how fat they were, enough... or maybe THEY'RE the liars... maybe they never were fat... because you sure are treating me like the skinny people who run around my life and just dont get it...
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    i honestly DONT care. thats what i find funny... really its all whatever. i joined this conversation because i was singled out.. thats all. im not gonna sit here and let you belittling people talk about me and NOT come to bat for myself! i have nothing to defend... im FINE with my achievement that i have made so far and AM working to figure out how to continue!!!

if you dont have anything helpful to say... stick to mouthing off to the people who are gonna sit there and let u do it without saying anything... obviously some people are way too full of themselves or they just werent teased about how fat they were, enough... or maybe THEY'RE the liars... maybe they never were fat... because you sure are treating me like the skinny people who run around my life and just dont get it...

if you was a male you would totally be my "better half"..lol..Im glad we are friends now!!
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    ummmmm silence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more... how did you put on weight if you're at a constant deficit... you either have some genetics problem (unexplained) or you're lying to yourself.
    Honestly....for me I was the opposite...I worked all the time and did not eat , my metabolism slowed down and I gained so much weight.....Just because someone is overweight does not mean that they ate and ate.....you can usually spot this when someone is having a hard time getting their 1200 calories in a day because if you eat healthier food it is a lot of food compared to a Mcd's Big Mac or something like that.

im sorry but im pretty sure the large majority on here did not get here by over exercising

yes healthy food is lower cal and more filling but half the peoples diaries who i look in is still filled with strange crap and hardly any fruit or veg or things that are good for you like nuts and good fish oils

obviously theres times when its ok for us all and im not talking about the people who have eaten 1100 or even 1000 its the ones who have eaten less and im like really you burned 1000 calories and ate 600 and are feeling stuffed...right

First of all, I don't think anyone feels "Stuffed"....I believe the term was not hungry. Most of us got fat not because we were Hungry but because we ate for different reasons, the wrong reasons. If we ate only because of true hunger none of us would be on here.

Secondly, somewhere in the thread people intimated that some of us don't really do burn 1000 per work out. Anyone that thinks that, can join me in my work outs...any day, any time...and when I'm done kicking your *kitten* in the cardio we'll move to the weights... Now, nuff said.
  • Selly7749
    Options
    I don't mean to play devil's advocate to everyone here, but some people choose to lose weight improperly and do run into this issues. If they starve their body they won't feel that hunger. I think it is important to encourage this people to eat healthy and excerise properly. Maybe they aren't smart enough or been here long enough to understand how this site works yet or how the calorie intake works. If someone is posting regarding something like this if people dont have anything nice to say they shouldn't.

Some people may ask stupid questions, but not because the question is stupid but because they are honestly struggling to understand why something is happening.

I agree with this exactly. I understand that this is a topic that arouses a lot of passion, but if you're aggressive to someone who is struggling, or having a tough time inside their head, you run the risk of making it worse. Everybody has had that day when they've freaked out, and felt a bit desperate, and we must try to support people like that before we get angry with them.
    no one is being agressive as the op did not comment in someone's thread about this she created a separate one.

To be fair imagine if you are struggling to eat just 1200 and are always hungry then duo come on the forum and see all these people who make it look so easy. That can be just as disheartening.

Noone is saying they shouldn't write it as its a forum its just very strange

Just to clarify, I wasn't making a dig at the opening post, just commenting about people's responses to this in general - as this thread demonstrates, people kick off about it really quickly, and it concerns me. So, not pointed at anyone, just a general comment. Also you quote funny! i was confused for a while.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    yall gonna put some butter on my popcorn? im waiting! btw the only time i struggle to eat 1200 calories is when im in bed with the flu. I love to eat.

Thats my 2 cents. Now hurry up with that butter.

p.s. i think this took a bad turn and too many emotions are involved and anytime you let your emotions control you, then you will LOSE everytime. So simmer down people. Besides you have a choice here. To read or not to read. To respond or not to respond.
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more... how did you put on weight if you're at a constant deficit... you either have some genetics problem (unexplained) or you're lying to yourself.
    ^ Totally agree.
    This thread is rather funny seeing a few people trying to convince themselves that everyone else is wrong when they are only telling you how it is, truth hurts sometimes....

Fact is this, your overweight because you ate too much, simple as that, I've been there and lost the weight and I'm not ashamed to say how much I used to eat, its the people that lie to themselves that won't last long trying to lose weight....