What favorite food did you give up?

Options
jvkh127
jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
My favorite treat was a Starbucks Frappuccino Vanilla Light in the bottles. I would have one at least five days a week. I would crave them so bad before. Now I don't even miss them!!

What was yours?

Replies

• krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Starbucks' Rice Krispies Treats :(
  • crmhaske
    crmhaske Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, I just have my favourite treats less frequently and in smaller portions. If I'm craving something I let myself have it, just in controlled quality (if there is a low fat and/or low sugar and/or low sodium option I go with it) and have a smaller portion.

Also, if I slip up and overindulge, I just work it off with exercise.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Since we've started in the Starbucks vein, I have given up milk lattes at all. I used to get either a 16oz skinny hazelnut or a 16oz skim with 3 splenda, but lately I don't want to waste calories on drinks, so I'll choose a local coffee joint that offers unsweetened almond milk. 40 cals per cup and I still get my caffeine fix.
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Steak Egg and Cheese Bagels. Once i found out that it was like half my calories for the day they had to go :(
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I guess it would have to be red chile cheese enchiladas, at least for now. I admit I would eat them (or red chile on fried potatoes & onions) at least once a week and many times more. After I make some progress I have a reduced fat/calorie recipe for enchiladas & I'm gonna reward myself with a small one.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It's not that i've given anything up, but there are several foods that I find to be not worth the calories. They're mostly chocolate and pastry related. These also tend to be things that will trigger me to binge eat, so they're really not worth it for me.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    The only thing I gave up was cigarettes. I am fortunate that I have healthy eating habits from my childhood and some of my favorite foods are fruit and veggies. I still eat junk once in a while, but it is much less frequently, in smaller portions, and only on days I excercise.
  • jvkh127
    Options
    Since we've started in the Starbucks vein, I have given up milk lattes at all. I used to get either a 16oz skinny hazelnut or a 16oz skim with 3 splenda, but lately I don't want to waste calories on drinks, so I'll choose a local coffee joint that offers unsweetened almond milk. 40 cals per cup and I still get my caffeine fix.

That sounds good!
    Yeah I had to give mine up too more because of the sugar in it. 11 grams per bottle! That's too much on top of my fruit, veggies, etc.
    Good choice though on your alternative!!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Real pizza...but that's because of the wheat and not about "dieting"

Like another poster said, I don't deny myself anything. I just try to make it healthier. I love cooking, so it's been a super fun adventure for me to make the restaurant foods at home with stuff that I know. Like fresh local organic veggies, fresh grass fed beef or free range hormone free chicken. Local natural milk...or raw milk. I don't think we should have to give up anything, just make it better than it's processed pseudo-food counterpart. :)

Most dishes in restaurants and such are adapted from real foods that people ate, it's just the quality of the foods and the modifications they make instead.

ETA: looking at other posters' responses, maybe I gave more up. But it wasn't as consciously as it seems. I just don't like the foods anymore. Like I used to love Burger King chicken sandwiches, now I think they're mushy and nasty. So some of it is just tastes change as well.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    So far I haven't given up any food but I have pretty much stopped drinking pop/soda but that's just because after drinking so much water it just doesn't taste as good.
  • MedievalFreak
    Options
    I still eat everything I want, just a lot lot less of it. I do have trigger foods though, that I try to stay away from unless I have calories to spare.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Chardonnay

Diet Soda

Chicken Nuggets from McD's
  • buddypupp
    Options
    I honestly haven't given up anything I just cut down on how much of it I eat an how often go for more low fat or fat free, that way I don't ever cave on binge eat an gain extra calories I don't need
  • jvkh127
    Options
    I would agree with some of you who say not to limit yourself from some of your cravings. I give myself snacks often just healthier options now. I just know my Frapps are my weakness so I stay away completely. I don't trust myself to have one and not want another the day after and the day after lol
  • icandothistrish85
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. I know how to control my portions. I don't over-indulge and I don't deprive myself. Banning foods is just setting yourself up for disaster eventually. I still have my Starbucks, my delicious treats from the bakery--but I pay attention to my calorie budget and alott myself a treat allowance. Hell yesterday, I had a huge 300 calorie/14g fat chocolate cupcake AND a venti Starbucks drink and I was well under my high calorie allowance and I ate fully healthy and balanced all day.
  • Rix06
    Rix06 Posts: 25
    Options
    I gave up on putting sugar in my coffee. now most things with sugar in them is too sweet for me. like orange juice and some yoghurts.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I also haven't given up anything. However, foods I used to eat often are now treats and not every day occurrences. And beer is in that category now too. I can have one as long as it fits into my macro goals for the day, and most times I'd rather use those carbs on something else.

I am in the process of giving up my beloved Diet Coke, but even with that...I still have one a week or so, but I'm finding they don't taste as good anymore.
  • lovermier
    Options
    Frozen yogurt and cheese and most bread! But when I'm 110 I'll have some froyo to celebrate:)
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Carne Asada Burritos.... There will be a time when I can have one again. Right now is not that time.....:huh:
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up. I don't see in value in that.

There are plenty of things I eat less often or in smaller portions. But there's nothing I've given up.