Options
    hi

cut down a lot on cheese

and given up full fat coke

martyxxx
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I want, just a lot lot less of it. I do have trigger foods though, that I try to stay away from unless I have calories to spare.

Same here...I mostly monitor what I eat and when i want something that is not very healthy I make a decision to have it based on it I feel it worth the calories...most time not but sometime the answer is YES!! :smile:
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking soft drinks and I tend to shy away from fried foods. That being said, I'm making Captain Crunch Chicken tonight and plan to thoroughly enjoy it:)
  • traceywaugh
    Options
    try to limit how much choc /sugary food have as it leads to binging on. have got better at controling it to smaller amounts
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I have just been limiting my faves. I feel like I have to give up enough with my son's food allergies that I really just don't want to cut other things out. I just cut back on the sugary stuff. I try to work things in. For example, today we are having a big family get together where KFC is gonna be. I will limit myself to one breast (minus the breading/skin), 1/2 cup of potato salad and a biscuit. A lot of cals, yes, but it fits because I have cut else where :)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Man, I gave up all sorts of stuff. Chinese food, burgers, pizza. All of it. I try to eat as healthy as possible while still being able to enjoy meals.
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I gave up starbucks in general :( so sad.
    I will get one if I have a lot of calories remaining though...which is just about never lol
  • prettyash76
    Options
    I have given up cake for now, but will probably eat it again. I want to make sure that i can handle it first without going overboard
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Alcohol - I loved my (large) glass of red wine in the evening, but it's empty calories and caused me to bloat as well. I'm very glad I don't partake anymore.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Since starting logging I have noticed I get problems with crohns when I eat nuts. So anything with nuts in is out, unless they're ground almonds or smooth pb. Bit gutting really, cos there are so many foods I enjoy that have nuts in! But my gut's a lot happier for making the change!
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    - Nutella :[ :[ :[ I put it on everything and anything.

- Starbucks Vinte Caramel Frapps. When I first moved into this town after not having a Starbucks available to me after 7 years, I would drink atleast 3-4 a week. I haven't had one in about 3 months and the last one even close to that was the short, non-fat version with no whip.

- Alcohol. Haven't touched it since June 14th (my birthday).

- Soda, although I don't miss it at all. Everytime I take a sip of it now, I feel sick. I haven't steadily drank it for a couple of years now.
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Pop, ive completly given that up. And im going to work on icecream and diritoes.
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    Real chinese take out- I make my own versions now.

Oreo Mint Milkshakes from cookout- I used to have one a couple of times a week, they are heaven in a cup. Now, if I have done a really good workout, I'll let myself have one once a month, but not anymore than that
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Chips, Chili cheese fries <3, soda, PB :( All the yummiest ****.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Pinot Grigio.
  • 40lbslighter
    40lbslighter Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    French fries. I haven't even missed them. Such a ubiquitous and unnecessary side dish.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I have not given up anything. But there are lots of things I used to eat that I do not eat anymore. For me, this is a lifestyle change and I am not forbidding anything. But I can say that my old constant cravings for chocolate cake and brownies are no longer calling the shots.
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    I gave up the steak fajitas and chips and salsa from Chili's as well as the Mongolian beef from P.F. Chang's.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, I just have my favourite treats less frequently and in smaller portions. If I'm craving something I let myself have it, just in controlled quality (if there is a low fat and/or low sugar and/or low sodium option I go with it) and have a smaller portion.

Also, if I slip up and overindulge, I just work it off with exercise.

me too!!
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Dr. Pepper -- I've tried giving up soda, in general, but if I'm craving one, I'll grab a diet soda over a regular. If I start drinking Dr. Pepper there is no stopping.