Sixers Holiday Challenge Week 1

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Quick question ladies..

Re-weighed myself this afternoon bc my weigh in didnt seem right..and it was 181.6 - on 3 separate times. ( I was at 182 something on Saturday) Do you ladies think I should redo my weigh in at this weight or keep this mornings that was 183.2 ??

If it were me I'd keep it at 183.2...reason being...On Friday when you weigh in and you will have a bigger weight loss...but that is just me...its a mind game. If you would succeed better with 181.6...then you should choose that as your weight.

I would at least wait until tomorrow and see if it changes by then if you don't want to wait until Friday, but that is just my opinion. What ever you prefer!:wink:

Cathy...you dinner sounds delish!:tongue: Yum Yum!!! From the sounds of it, wish I was having Thanksgiving dinner with you!:wink::laugh:

Well...I just had my granola bar and am getting ready to leave work here in just a few and head to the gym for Step class and Abs...first time back to abs since my back injury...will see how it goes! BUT...super excited to continue with this good day...LOVE it when I'm totally on plan!!!!:drinker:

If I don't get on at home tonight (which I rarely do) I will check in again in the AM! Have a good evening my sixer girlies!!!!
  • alliestar79
    alliestar79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Alliestar, I think I wore that same dress in that same color in a wedding in July. 'Pool', right? And rouching with a rhinestone broach on the left side of the dress? :bigsmile:

LOL!!
    It was from alfred angelo...no ruching or fancy stuff except for a white bow around the waist. Bride wanted us to look like Tiffany boxes........Mission accomplished! Anyone else need a Tiffany blue dress? Let me know HA!

I measured myself just now...
    Height- 5'3
    Bust - 42
    Waist - 37.5
    Hips - 45
    Arm-13
    Thigh- jiggly, jk - 24

Well there it is....everyone say goodbye to these numbers....
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Any way I can join this clan!!??!? You guys are terrific motivators!

Kristin ~ SW 159 GW 155
    Cathy ~ SW 210 GW 199
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 GW 174
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 GW 197
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 GW 150
    Amy SW ~ 194 GW 182.2
    Tammara ~ SW 224 GW 214
    Domjar ~ SW 197 GW 185 (I did 2 lbs/wk for 6 weeks...you can change if you want)
    Robin ~ SW 194 GW 185
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 GW 179.8
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 GW 171
    Becky~SW151 GW 141

Im Becky - if you'll have me!
  • kkeegan11
    kkeegan11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey i hope i can still join...i need a new burst of motivation!

CW- 211
    End of 6 weeks- 199! I really want to break the 200 mark so I have a lot of work to do :)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yes Yes Becky AND kkeegan (what is your name??) Please join us! Just tell us a little about yourselves and your goals!

Kristin ~ SW 159 GW 155
    Cathy ~ SW 210 GW 199
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 GW 174
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 GW 197
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 GW 150
    Amy SW ~ 194 GW 182.2
    Tammara ~ SW 224 GW 214
    Domjar ~ SW 197 GW 185 (I did 2 lbs/wk for 6 weeks...you can change if you want)
    Robin ~ SW 194 GW 185
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 GW 179.8
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 GW 171
    Becky ~ SW151 GW 141
    Kkeegan ~ SW 211 GW 199

Yipee!!!!!!! Headed to the gym!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    ahhhh!! get this party food out of my house!!! :grumble: Funny, because it's not even the stuff you'd expect. Just that we had left-over pasta and veggies and I had too much of it at lunch. Ah well... I didn't plan my meals for the day which is always difficult, but I'll just have a big salad for supper or something :bigsmile:
    I just found out DH has a meeting after work that will prevent me from getting to my work out class tonight :frown: Bummer. I have my fav step class tomorrow though and then dance on Thursday (I have 5 or 6 classes to make up so I'm going to be going on Thursdays as well for a while...) I just really wanted to get my interval class in today. I love the weights and cardio together. Maybe I'll do some step at home again.

Welcome newbies! You'll love this challenge. And Kristin, I love that you outlined the next few as well!!

BBL :happy:
  • kkeegan11
    kkeegan11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im Katie sorry! I am a junior in college and put on a few pounds the first couple years. I used to be really active, so I never had an issue with weight, but as soon as i stopped it caught up with me :-/ I've been working on a healthy lifestyle for awhile, but I need to focus more on the weight loss aspect! So we are checking in every Tues and Fri?
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies! We'd love to have you!

Unfortunately, my home is coming down with a bad cold, my oldest Bryce got it last night and feels just horrible. My youngest Owen has been sneezing all day and is now starting to feel like crud, and what do you know, in the last 2 hours I have started to feel bad, achy, sore throat. Powerful little bug! Just what we all wanted, sick for the holiday!

I wanted to start C25K today. Darn it?! I may go anyways and just tough it out.

I feel real motivation and encouragement here! I love the start of a new challenge. We are all in such good spirits. And speaking of.....Cass....Welcome back sweetie! I know you can get yourself back on track for the new year!
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Im Katie sorry! I am a junior in college and put on a few pounds the first couple years. I used to be really active, so I never had an issue with weight, but as soon as i stopped it caught up with me :-/ I've been working on a healthy lifestyle for awhile, but I need to focus more on the weight loss aspect! So we are checking in every Tues and Fri?

Katie, we are checking in every Tues and Fri.

PS. You need a pic. We would love to see your beautiful face!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Hello again to all the returning members. I am impressed w/ the spunk we have!! YAY. I knew we always had it but I am so excited to see this kind of support right before the holidays.

Allie- thanks for the POD info. I will soon try c25k and I'm sure it will help.
    Domjar- keep up the good work, you will love it here.

To all the newbies... hang in there!!! I just joined the group the last 6 weeks and I truly enjoyed it.

Todays meal
    L; spaghetti (1 cup) w/ tomato sauce and green peppers and onions
    D: turkey sausage link w/ whole wheat bread, mustard, green peppers and onions. Mixed veggies and.........................................:noway: 2 sugar cookies... I'm having a craving!

For fitness: I have completed 30 min on the treadmill doing a preprogrammed jog w/ up to 6% incline. That really works me.

But sometime before I go to bed I will do one of my dvd's.

Take care ladies!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    no no no kistin you don't want to be here for thanksgiving so far the menu is:
    2 turkeys, one fried, one baked
    mashed sweet potatoes
    mashed russet potatoes
    grandmas green bean cassearole (new recipe hope it turns out a little different for a change)
    roll both wheat and white
    veggie tray with 2 different dips (crab and cream cheese)
    stuffing
    4 pumkin pies
    shanell is bringing if i can remember
    baked mac and cheese
    deviled eggs
    a jello salad i think
    veggies
    a corn dish
    apple pie
    and a few other things i forgot.
    i just learned what i had to make (my part) and there is only going to be 8 of us.
    my plan is 1/4 to 1/2 cup of everything and a big workout at the gym that morning. have to see if they are going to be open.
    well, off to put on jammies and make my popcorn for biggest loser

welcome katie and becky.

later girlies..........
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Home after a FAB workout at the gym. Here's the stats for today:

Total: 1,517
    Your Daily Goal: 1,758 (1200 + 558 calories burned at the gym!!:bigsmile: )
    Remaining: 241

So...may try and squeeze an extra snack in this evening...we will see!

Katie! WELCOME!!!! SO excited to have you with us!!!

Cathy...YUM....I would for SURE be in trouble at your place...YUM YUM YUM!!!!:tongue: * major drool dripping down chin*

Well ladies...can you believe I popped on! Just so excited for this new challenge and starting off SO good for me! Well...off to enjoy my dinner and watch the Dancing with the Stars Finale!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I think i am going to join this challenge if you don't mind. I am a major yo-yoer and I need to stop! I don't have too much weight to lose but I am a college student and I put on way too much weight in the past year and a half so the real goal is to lose that weight and then not gain anymore! So .. I don't have measurements right now but I will update them soon. So here's the weight goal.

Current weight: 155 lbs.
    Goal weight for Jan. 6: 150 lbs (not much, but I know how hard this month will be)

Other goals:
    1) Drink MORE water and LESS SODA and tea.
    2) Exercise at least 3x a week.
    3) Eat the food pyramid.
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    As of 11/26/08

Wgt: 211.0

Chest: 43"
    Waist: 41.5"
    Thigh: 26"
    Arm: 13.5
    Hip: 47.5

My goal is to lose 10 lbs in 6 weeks.

Well, gotta get to work. Later. Shanell
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!!!

Welcom PSUgrl921!!! What is your first name if you don't mind us asking? It sounds like you're in the same boat I am and let me tell you these women are an inspiration!

Well ladies, I am up EARLY mainly because there is a lot to get done before my mom and I head to my grandparents today for Thanksgiving festivities that will take place tomorrow. This is where the real challenge begins as my Grandmother thinks we're anorexic if we eat less than two whole plates of food at each meal. Her favorite thing to say is that we are quote "eating like birds" when quite frankly we are eating more than we probably ate the entire week!! Argh!! :noway: But I'm going to stand strong and take the criticism because I know best what is good for my plan. The nice thing is that I have my mom on my side too. She knows how hard I'm working and isn't about to let me throw it away this week.

But enough drama, there is still a lot to do. I need to get everything forced back into my suitcase and then make two desserts for tomorrow (somehow I got volunteered for this task, that's the last time I tell my mom about a new pumpkin cheesecake recipe!!) But I love baking and making desserts so I'm glad for the opportunity to make them for others to eat!!

I am starting C25K week 3: day 1 today and I'm kind of nervous about the much longer 3 minute runs that it entails but I think the podcasts Allie suggested will be a big help. THANKS ALLIE!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Mealwise for today anything could happen so i started off the day well with multi grain cheerios and skim milk with some light cran grape juice. Hopefully the rest of the day works out, I will let you know.

Oh! almost forgot to tell you, my mystery dinner last night? Chicken Alfredo Pizza.....seriously could there be anything WORSE out there for me to eat? I tried to control portions but the pieces were huge and that's all there was besides jello with strawberries. Bah, will just have to work it off today!!!

Have a great Wednesday ladies and good luck with all of your Thanksgiving preparations. Cathy I can almost smell all the food cooking at your house!!! :wink:
    :heart:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning! Not too much time right now to post meals and whatnot, but here's the updated list:

Kristin ~ SW 159 GW 155
    Cathy ~ SW 210 GW 199
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 GW 174
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 GW 197
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 GW 150
    Amy SW ~ 194 GW 182.2
    Tammara ~ SW 224 GW 214
    Robin ~ SW 194 GW 185
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 GW 179.8
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 GW 171
    Becky ~ SW151 GW 141
    Katie ~ SW 211 GW 199
    Shanell ~ SW 211 GW 201
    PSUgirl ~ SW 155 GW 150 (what's your name??)

Anyone else? Let me know! I'll BBL with meal plans and whatnot!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Morning! Not too much time right now to post meals and whatnot, but here's the updated list:

Kristin ~ SW 159 GW 155
    Cathy ~ SW 210 GW 199
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 GW 174
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 GW 197
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 GW 150
    Amy SW ~ 194 GW 182.2
    Tammara ~ SW 224 GW 214
    Robin ~ SW 194 GW 185
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 GW 179.8
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 GW 171
    Becky ~ SW151 GW 141
    Katie ~ SW 211 GW 199
    Shanell ~ SW 211 GW 201
    PSUgirl ~ SW 155 GW 150 (what's your name??)

Anyone else? Let me know! I'll BBL with meal plans and whatnot!

You Forgot me. :sad:

Connie
  • domjar
    domjar Posts: 19
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you that are in the states....

I did my measurments and I have found out that I am shaped like a BOX!!!!!

arms 12.5
    chest 42
    waist 40 to 39 1/2
    hips 46
    upper thigh 26.5

weight this am 197..... yahooo!!!!!

going to boot camp tonight... cant wait...
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

I have slipped off of my goal for a couple of days but I have yelled at myself and I’m ready to complete what I have started. Congrats everyone. My goal for this challenge is to lose 20 pounds.

I have measured myself but I left my journal at home so I will post them tomorrow.
    My goals for this week are…
    1. Do not overeat!!!!!!!
    2. Portion Control
    3. Exercise Everyday(including Thanksgiving)
    4. Write in my food journal everyday

Keep up the good work ladies!!!!!!!!!!
    Kristin ~ SW 159 GW 155
    Cathy ~ SW 210 GW 199
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 GW 174
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 GW 197
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 GW 150
    Amy SW ~ 194 GW 182.2
    Tammara ~ SW 224 GW 214
    Robin ~ SW 194 GW 185
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 GW 179.8
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 GW 171
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 GW 168.9
    Tan~ SW 295 GW GW 275
  • alliestar79
    alliestar79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Today is a half day for me, YAY! Then i get to go home and bake pumpkin cheesecakes. I guess i will have to be strong today because I am sure I will want to "taste" everything! I am thinking that i will make them and then go run myself to death. Hmmm. Running with a belly full of cheesecake makes feel sick........(i think my plan will work!)

Welcome to the new ladies! Glad to have you here!

Amy - I am on week 5 of the C25K - I did 2 eight minute runs yesterday. Now i should probably tell you that i have been on week 5 for about 2 months now......i got really lazy and stopped running. Week 5 is weird because the first day you run 3 five minute intervals, the second day is 2 eight minutes and the 3rd day is 1 twenty minute run....which for some reason terrifies me. Can I run for 20 minutes straight??? Scary.
    I believe that it was during week 3 that i got my first runners high. Wow! It was an amazing thing....i couldn't stop running.

Today:
    B Whole grain english muffin, banana, 1/2 light yogurt and coffee w/skim milk
    S apple
    L turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with horseradish mustard, big veggie salad and piece of fruit
    S carrots with laughing cow cheese wedge
    D- Still trying to decide on this one :)

Excersise - C25K