Sixers Holiday Challenge Week 1

Options

Replies

• amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Just checking in.

Allie - I did end up doing week 3: Day 1 today and was exhausted but so proud of myself!! I think it was a little harder because I was outside and it is pretty cold here so breathing in all of that cold air hurt my chest a little but I made it!!! Good luck with Week 5!!! I bet you will be amazing on your 20 minute run!! You CAN do it! oh and too funny I just got done making pumpkin cheesecake! :tongue:

Hope you are all having good days so far!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Here's the meal plan:

Breakfast
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Multi Grain Cheerios & Banana, 1 meal 255
    Total breakfast 284

AM snacks
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Kashi Tlc - Soft Baked Ripe Strawberry Cereal Bar, 1 bar (35 mg) 110
    Total AM snacks 140

Lunch (My little sis came in town early so we are going out!!!:bigsmile: )
    Panera Bread - Smoked Turkey Breast on Country (Pick 2), 6.75 oz 310
    Panera Bread - Low Fat Garden Veggie Soup (Pick 2), 8 oz 90
    Diet Coke - 1 can, 0
    Total lunch 400

Afternoon snacks
    Kashi - TLC Chewy Granola Bars - Cherry Dark Chocolate, 1 bar 120
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 72
    Total afternoon snacks 192

Dinner
    Probably something like an omlet...didn't plan anything yet...have NO idea.

PM snacks
    Depends on calories remaining.

Total: 1,016
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: 184

Exercise plan--Bootcamp tonight which is a MAJOR calorie burner...so I should have plenty of calories to spare!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Sorry Connie! This is SO hard to keep up with! If you add yourself or any info, could you please make sure to always take the latest one so that no one is omitted! Thanks! Let me know if there are any errors with this one!

Kristin ~ SW 159 GW 155
    Cathy ~ SW 210 GW 199
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 GW 174
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 GW 197
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 GW 150
    Amy SW ~ 194 GW 182.2
    Tammara ~ SW 224 GW 214
    Andrea ~ SW 197 GW 185 (I did 2 lbs/wk for 6 weeks...you can change if you want)
    Robin ~ SW 194 GW 185
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 GW 179.8
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 GW 171
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 GW 168.9
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 GW 156-157
    Connie ~ SW 266 GW 255
    Tan~ SW 295 GW GW 275
    Becky ~ SW151 GW 141
    Katie ~ SW 211 GW 199
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Sorry I haven't been around, I've been lurking every other day or so. It's been a mess around here, but I'm still here. I'm trying to get myself motivated. Feeling a little better today.:wink:

Mom you are doing such a great job. You know you weigh less then me now!:noway: Now it's on!!

Everyone on here is doing great!!

Today's food is:
    B: 1/2 of a Frisco Breakfast sandwich from Hardees
    S: Sara Lee Honey Wheat Bagel w/ cream cheese
    L: Banquet meal chicken, noodles, and veggies
    S: Not sure
    D: Not sure, but we are eating out. Going to visit MIL tonight in the hospital, so will grab a bite later.
    S: Not sure

Exercise, I'm going to do something. Maybe play on the WII or go for a walk.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just got home from a great workout! I got there early, because I only had one kid to drop off at school. I did 30 minutes on the arc trainer (kind of like an elliptical but more of a running motion than an oval) and burned 374 calories according to the machine. I kept bumping up the level because it seemed easy. Next time, I'll just start at level 8 instead of 4. I think I must normally do a different program, because normally I'm dying on level 4.

Then I lifted weights. I did assisted pullups, and finally managed to get 2 sets of 8! When I started doing them a few weeks ago, I could only do 2 sets, one of 4 and one of 3 :noway: It's nice to have a physical proof of how much stronger I am getting! Weights at 35 minutes burned 135 calories. On this one I follow MFP's numbers that come up.

Still had time before my water aerobics class, so I did 15 minutes on the rowing machine and burned another 117 calories.

Did water aerobics for an hour, and according to MFP, I burned another 367 calories.

I've been using machine and MFP totals for calories, because according to my heart rate monitor, before the water aerobics, I burned 1641 calories. It is a wireless monitor with a chest strap, and it does monitor my heart rate correctly. I did put in my weight and age that it asked for, so part of me wants to hope that the calories are accurate, but it is about 3 times higher than the machines tell me. Ah well, I don't think I could eat an extra 1600 calories in a day anyways... lol

Will post my meals later, still haven't put much thought into them...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I did assisted pullups, and finally managed to get 2 sets of 8! When I started doing them a few weeks ago, I could only do 2 sets, one of 4 and one of 3 :noway: It's nice to have a physical proof of how much stronger I am getting!

You rock!!!
    And have motivated me.
    I think I'm going to jog a bit on the treadmill :noway: AND ask my gym guy to show me how to use the pull up machine. RAWR, here I come!!!!

Thanks for the motivation :wink:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Welcome PSU! Shanell, good to see you here again! You can do it :wink:

AmyLou, I'm glad you completed your C25K today - I was worried about the 3 mins too but it was better than I thought. My schedule is totally thrown off this week so I haven't started week 4 yet :sad: Good luck beating the temptations at your Grandparents' place! Oh, and you asked me about the NYC cals... I usually do it in combination with another workout and I don't differentiate so I'm really not sure. It's not a HUGE calorie burn because it's a lot of muscle work, but of course it has the added benefit (as with all muscle work) of keeping your metabolism revved for longer!

Kristin, great that you're doing bootcamp again tonight! Don't you love finding a new class that challenges you?? :bigsmile:

Allie, I completely understand why the 20 mins is intimidating - I think that too. I figure when it comes I'll TRY and assume I can do it, then see what happens! I can always try again, right? I listened to the podcast yesterday. I think I'm going to try to make my own little compilation because I like running to really up-beat BPM music like dance remixes. It makes me feel energized. I hadn't thought of the idea of doing that though, and so still, THANK YOU!

And a big hello to everyone else I've missed!!

I'm so happy that I get to go back to the gym today. It has been since SATURDAY!!! :noway: I NEVER go that long. I need to make sure I take advantage of my non-gym options when I can't go, like my many DVDs or running outside!

My day:

1: Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal (recipe below)
    2: 1 banana & 3 brazil nuts
    3: not sure - we'll be at an organic vegan restaurant downtown but it will be healthy!!
    4: 1 apple
    5: 1/2 sprouted grain bagel topped w/ 1.5 tbsp salsa & 1 egg & 1/8 cup skim milk cheese
    6: chocolate protein shake (after work out)
    7: bison tortilla pizza (1 WW tortilla, baked until crisp, topped w/ salsa, sauteed peppers & onions, 1 oz ground bison & 1/4 cup skim milk cheese), 3 cups baby mixed greens w/ olive oil, balsamic vinegar & roasted sesame seeds

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal (makes 2 servings, takes 15 minutes)

1 cup water
    1/2 cup pure canned pumpkin
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats (rolled oats)
    1 tbsp cinnamon
    1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
    2.5 tbsp agave nectar (can substitute maple syrop but sugar will be slightly higher)

in a small pot, bring water to a boil. Add pumpkin, stir and reduce heat to low. Stir in oats & cinnamon, slowly increase heat to medium-low. Do not allow to bubble or spatter. Cook about 7 mins until oats are fluffy. Stir in pumpkin pie spice & sweetener. Serve!

IDEA: If you would rather splurge with your calories at dinner and save on dessert, make this recipe, serve in a fancy pudding cup and top with 1 tbsp pure whipped cream (buy whipping cream from the dairy aisle, whip and mix in 1 tbsp stevia instead of sugar. makes a very healthy topping). Then you've got a yummy pumpkin pie dessert with only 150 calories!!

Nutrition info per serving:

cals 110, total fat 2g, sat & trans fat 0, cholest 0, sodium 5mg, carbs 23g, fibre 6g, sugars 6g, protein 4g iron 2mg. This is in the database under HomeMade Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal.

And here is the yam black bean stew I've been promising to post!

2 tbsp olive oil heated... 1 med onion, 1 bell pepper chopped. cook 3-4 mins
    add 2 gloves garlic, 1 tsp chili powder 1 tsp cumin 1.5 tsp oregano chili flakes cook 1-2 mins
    add: 3c peeled, cubed yams, 1 can black beans, 1 can diced toms (14oz) 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 c veg stock 1 tbsp flour salt & pepper cook until thickened and yams are tender.
    This is in the database under Yam & Black Bean Stew and it is the whole recipe so when adding to your day, select a portion of the whole batch.

Well, on with the day!! :bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Rhiannon...thanks for the recipes! YUM!

Just got back from lunch. Ate potato chips also!:grumble: Man...always something! But I think I can still stay in calories for the day. It was only an extra 160 and with Bootcamp tonight, I'm not worried! A little more sodium today than I'm used to though so gonna try and drink LOTS of extra water. Well...back to work! I'll check in later!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    I did assisted pullups, and finally managed to get 2 sets of 8! When I started doing them a few weeks ago, I could only do 2 sets, one of 4 and one of 3 :noway: It's nice to have a physical proof of how much stronger I am getting!

You rock!!!
    And have motivated me.
    I think I'm going to jog a bit on the treadmill :noway: AND ask my gym guy to show me how to use the pull up machine. RAWR, here I come!!!!

Thanks for the motivation :wink:

Remember to put the treadmill at a 1 or 2% incline, otherwise you might get shin splints. Running at a 0 incline is like running downhill.

BTW: Is the gym guy cute? lol
  • alliestar79
    alliestar79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Rhiannon -
    Check out this podcast interval too....its way more up-beat than the other. I prefer the other because he talks to you and sometimes i need that-lol. The DJ Steveboy mix just chimes when its time to switch up and there are options to go beyond the C25K.
    I am going to break up my wk 5 by running the 8 min 3 times this week, then attempt the 20 run next week. It just seems like a huge jump! I am worried about my knees too...but i will run a 5k. Thanks for the words of motivation.
    http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html

Kristin - Don't feel bad about your chips!! One of my biggest weaknesses are Wasabi Mustard Chips...MMMMM.
    I am jealous you have boot camp. I did one this summer and absolutely loved it....I wish there was one going on for me to join here :(
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Just a quick hello. No time to read all the posts today, but I am going to make it a point to read Kristens helpful hints for the holiday from yesterday.

Have a good Thanksgiving All.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well...can't talk too long. I'm getting ready to head home, then do some quick errands and then to the gym for BOOT CAMP! Wish you could join me, Allie!

I will for sure check in on Friday, but probably won't have time tomorrow. Going to a spinning class in the morning from 7:30-8:30 (Wooohooo!!!) then headed to Cedar Rapids, Iowa (about 2 hours from us) for Michael's grandparents Thanksgiving (this is going to be where the worst of it is!) But PORTION will be my key! And dinner is at 1:00 so will have a quick breakfast after my spin so that I'm not starving and then gonna plan on having a light supper (maybe a salad or something) later that evening when we get home. So...should be fine. I'll report on Friday.

Have a happy Thanksgiving my girls and remember: PORTION PORTION PORTION!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear about our success on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUAH! (**BIG KISS**)
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Hello Sixer Ladies,

I am reporting in for the day. I still don't do that well w/ preplanning but I will work at it more.

BF: boiled egg, turkey sausage (2oz)
    L: Salad from Grocery store... romaine lettuce, carrots, all peppers, little cheese, tomato, cucumber and about a 1/4 cup chicken salad.. low fat miracle whip.. whew.
    D: Baked pork chop, banana, greens.... lol weird huh.

Snack- sugar cookie, M&M fun pack ... I know but TOM is kinda trying to influence me.

My fitness for today was wonderful and I should probably eat some more because of it.

1. Jog program on the treadmill- 30 min
    2. 4 mile walk w/ mom for 1hr
    3. Shape Fitness DVD- 40 mins.

Well ladies I hope that I remember what portions look like tomorrow but just incase,.... I will have a workout from hell waiting afterwards. I will post all my food though..... I better rest my hands. LOL

Take care
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Well ladies... I need to help my Mom get all this cooking done. We stay up pretty late getting it all together.

We will have:

Turkey, stuffing or dressing... how ever you say it!
    Spirled Honey Ham
    potato salad .... Ive already chopped celery and onions
    greens
    cabbage
    Candied yams.... Of course I made these... I'm a dentist and I LOOOOVEEEE SWEETS. :laugh:
    green beans
    homemade yeast rolls
    Sweet potatoe pies..... dangerous!

Ttyl... I will try to get up early and get on the treadmill!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Breakfast
    Yoplait - Light Nonfat Blueberry Patch Yogurt, 6 oz 100 calories
    Sara Lee - 45 Calories and Delightful Wheat Bread, 1 slices 45 calories
    Total calories 145 calories

Snack 1 Busy at the Y, I missed it....

Lunch
    Country Fresh - Lowfat Cottage Cheese, 1 cup 160 calories
    Pineapple - Pineapple Chunks, 1 cup diced 74 calories
    Total calories 234 calories

Snack 2
    Opaa - Gyro, 1 pita, 3 slices meat 500 calories
    Green Giant - Healthy Vision - Carrots, Zucchini, Green Beans, Rosemary Butter Sauce 90 calories
    Total calories 590 calories

Dinner
    Chicken - Breast, Boneless, Skinless, Broiled, 1 serving (3 oz.) 130 calories
    Sweet potato - Cooked, boiled, without skin (Sweetpotato), 1 medium 115 calories
    Bird's Eye - Frozen Chopped Spinach, 1 cup (81g) 30 calories
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 1 cup 90 calories
    Total calories 365 calories

Total consumed calories: 1,334
    Your Daily Goal: 2,212
    Remaining: 878
    *You've earned 1012 extra calories from exercise today

I know I have a lot left, but I'm going to not eat anymore tonight, I will just not worry so much if I go over tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, I have already got my from scratch green bean casserole (so much better than with campbells soup!) made, the sweet potato casserole made (I cut sugar and butter in half each--We'll see whether DH notices), and the pies made for desert! Tomorrow, we just have to stuff the turkey, make the mashed potatoes, and warm the other dishes. Easy peasy!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and wonderful people to share it with! God bless you all!
  • alliestar79
    alliestar79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    To those in the U.S. - Happy Thanksgiving!!! To our Canadian friends - sorry that I missed wishing you a happy Thanksgiving on your holiday.

Probably won't check in tomorrow, who knows. But am planning a run tomorrow morning and portions portions portions!!!

This Thanksgiving I am a thankful for all of you!!!!! :heart:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all my American MFP friends!! You can do it :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    So I did week 4 day 1 of C25K today and I did it AFTER my super-intense advanced step class. Oy. My legs will be feeling it tomorrow. Heck, they're feeling it today! The longer intervals were great - I'm really enjoying the meditative quality of running. I just hope I didn't over-do it today. I have dance tomorrow so that will work them out maybe.

Anyway, off to plan tomorrow's meals then head to bed!

G'night all :bigsmile:
  • domjar
    domjar Posts: 19
    Options
    Good Mornign Sixers Ladies

Went to book camp and had a great 90 min workout.... we also did a weigh in and I amat 197!!!!!! and down 7 inches in 6 weeks so I am really excited to report what I am going to be in the the next 6!!!
    :flowerforyou:

So today here are my goals

b weight control oatmeal (my new fav!!!)
    orange
    coffee

l huge salad from the market.. they are the best

s chicken with peppers and salsa... lots of peppers with spanish rice

snacks 1/2 bag of popcorn as it is survior nite
    fruit bar

goign to the gym after work as wanting to do some weight training today...

What is this run program that everyone is on????

Happy Turkey day to all of you!!!!!:tongue: