Zumba ... is it as good as everyone says??

Options
hey, so i am trying to add some variety to my work out and i am looking into taking a zumba class but is it worth it?? Has anyone taken one and is it as good as everyone says? Does anyone have any other interesting workout ideas?

Replies

• wannabefit4life
    Options
    YES! It is so much fun!!! I was hooked after the first class! :) Definitely try out a class!!
  • brittanymonster
    Options
    bump for interest
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's the best workout I've ever had! I've never sweat so much in my life! So much that it drips into my eyes and down my neck! (gross).

But I don't take a class, I bought a Wii and bought Zumba for it. that way I can dance like a fool and no one is watching.

My thighs have toned up like crazy.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i do zumba every single day and everybody who knows me knows how much i love it. i highly highly recommend it. its not only fun but the workout goes by so fast being so fun. id try it out if i were you great exercise.
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Swear by Zumba. I hate to exercise, but I look forward to Zumba because it doesn't feel like exercise.

Highly recommend it.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    OMG.

I have the zumba workout DVDs, and I try to make time for them EVERY DAY!

I absolutely love it.

And when I don't get to it (like today) I feel so sad all day! Haha.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    If you like music and dancing, then you'll probably like Zumba.
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I would like to try it too, but I don't belong to any clubs to get into a class. Does anyone know of any good dvd's to suggest? I could afford one of them better than joining a gym.
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I've also never taken a class, but I have the DVDs and love them. I prefer the older set that I bought last year to the new Exhilerate ones that just came out, but they're growing on me as I'm getting more familiar with the moves.
  • slybaby
    slybaby Posts: 125
    Options
    I've been going to Zumba classes for about 5 years now. I can't get enough. Bought the DVDs and bought the Wii game (for the nights that I can't make the class). If you love latin type music and aren't shy about shaking what you've got then you should try it out!
    You burn tons of calories:):):)
  • LoveLeavesFootprints
    Options
    I swear by Zumba too! It really is partying your way into shape. It's increased my endurance and lung capacity and sped up my weight loss. I was addicted after the very first class! I go three times a week and usually burn about a thousand cals for the hour.

It's amazing and FUN!
  • LinzLZ
    LinzLZ Posts: 9
    Options
    I've been wanting to try it as well...how long are the workouts? Is the Wii version the same as the DVD set?
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    They always sound like they are having so much fun at the gym, I really wanted to try it, alas, not a single male being in the group. I might feel a bit out of place.. :)
  • htbenitez
    Options
    Zumba - I really like it...........I don't have a "lot of moves", I'm a tall, blonde, white girl..................so it's fun to try to learn how to "move".....it's fun, I sweat, burn calories..........and my gym has it 3 times a week. Great place to meet other women trying to get in shape, make friends, stay accountable.
  • GettingThisDone100
    GettingThisDone100 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would like to try it too, but I don't belong to any clubs to get into a class. Does anyone know of any good dvd's to suggest? I could afford one of them better than joining a gym.

Go to Zumba.com and look for a class, some classes will have a "drop in" fee for ppl that aren't members or just want to try it out first. You might even find some that have guest passes
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have DVDs, Wii, and have been to classes. My favourite by far is the classes - I push myself harder it seems and laugh a lot more. But I love Zumba period and will even break out to moves at home if i hear one of the songs on the radio. *laugh*
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    They always sound like they are having so much fun at the gym, I really wanted to try it, alas, not a single male being in the group. I might feel a bit out of place.. :)

I took my first Zumba classes at the local University here because a friend was a student and got me in, and there were a few guys scattered throughout the class. They certainly got attention from the ladies. ;)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I usually avoid things I am bad at and, as someone with absolutely no rhythm or grace, I am incredibly bad at dancing.

That being said, I proudly strut my stuff like a chicken running around with its head cut off several times a week at Zumba - it is a LOT of fun, burns a TON of calories, and works pretty much every major muscle group.
  • Jaybelle
    Options
    They say to exercise you should do something that you love...well for me Zumba was it..some instructors were better than the others at our gym but overall you can burn 800-1000 calories per hour and have fun doing it...Give it a try...
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    It's better.

I got twice a week. I'm also taking the zumba instructor training in September, so I'll be able to lead classes soon!