TEAM RED HOT ARSENAL - Week 2 (Closed Group)

Options
Hello TEAM!!!

There are NO MORE PASSES!! If even ONE of us does not complete a challenge - the team does not get the bonus points!

ALL reporting will take place in here. Please try and post daily recaps for me here. At least for the daily challenges. It helps tremendously, since the posts do not always include the challenge.

Here are the challenges! WE CAN DO THIS!!

This is the week two team challenge. These challenges should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.

Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge - Remember, if one person misses a day, NO bonus points for the TEAM.

Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team!

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo)

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk, run
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs)
* You may use cans of soup, bottles of water or resistance bands if you don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup, bottles of water or resistance bands if you don’t have any weights)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.

Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

If you miss a workout day, make it up on the "rest" day (usually Sunday).

Replies

• lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    So since there's 20 of us ( I think?)
    We should all donate 5 miles for the week?

I could probably donate 3 miles every morning for 5 days, which will put me at donating 15 miles not from my regular workouts.

It is quite possible we are down to 17. I think we've lost 3 people so far :noway: which kinda stinks. But, since we are scoring by percentages now, it's okay. If we share evenly, it's around 5.5 miles per person. Which is less than a mile extra a day if you're doing it 6 days a week. We can figure it out in the new forum, since it's for week 2. I'm going to post this there as well.
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump for week 2! I'm starting booty camp this week too, gonna be a brutal week!
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    :noway: Week two seems brutal! I can just imagine how much harder week 3 and 4 are going to be! I can't wait :bigsmile:
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Week 2 does seem brutal!

I can contribute 10 miles a week (plus probably more on weekends etc, that's just my walking to and from work mileage).

Today: water on par, cals under!!!! yay!!! and exercise done along with 30ds
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    BUMP :-D
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Im starting the 30 day shred today plus my kids and I are going to start walking at least 3x a week. I can commit to donating 3 miles. I will try to do more. Its hard to get out in 100+ heat with my 4year old and 8 month old lol
  • lukybug
    Options
    I just confirmed with Gary that the mileage can be from walking, jogging, running, biking, or swimming. We can get this done :happy:
  • lukybug
    Options
    Im starting the 30 day shred today plus my kids and I are going to start walking at least 3x a week. I can commit to donating 3 miles. I will try to do more. Its hard to get out in 100+ heat with my 4year old and 8 month old lol

I completely understand about the heat w/ the little ones :smile:

Whatever you can get in for the team, it greatly appreciated.
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I can donate 10 miles !
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Captain - I can donate however many miles we need. I'll plan on an extra mile/day until you tell me otherwise.
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    bump just woke up so I'll get started. I'm not sure how much I can donate for miles but each day I'll post how much extra I ran.
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    I can donate 10 miles!
  • carol2710
    Options
    August 8
    water done
    squat kicks done (hard)
    calories under
  • Kreutzy
    Kreutzy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will do my best to get in as many miles as I can this week......
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    Do the recipes go here? Or is there a link for all teams?

This one is lame, I know

Recipe from someone that doesn't cook

8 oz trop50 calcium and vitamin D orange juice
    4 oz Oceanspray light cranberry raspberry juice
    One tray of ice cubes 
    Splenda to taste

Put everything in ice crushing blender and mix until all ice is crushed 

Makes about 32 oz depending on size of your size of ice cube tray

For a serving size of 32 ozs
    Calories 75
    Sodium 28 mg
    Fat 0
    Potassium 500 mg
    Total carbs 20g
    Sugar 17g
    Fiber 0
    Protein less then one g
    Vitamin C 170%
    Vitamin  D 25%
    Vitamin A 10%
    Calcium 35%
    I know this is a lot liking telling someone how to make tea, but I take a insulated waterbottle full of this with me to summer picnics so I stay out of the sweets.  Ok if this one doesn't count I can give you a recipe that involves some salt potatoes some good seasons dressing mix a little butter and a microwave bag. Or I can look one up on line. 

Also I Walked an extra mile for the team today
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    August 8th Recap~

Rest day
    drank over 64 oz of water
    under calories
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    August 8 recap
    Water 13 cups (do you care about water anymore?)
    Calories under (")
    50 squat kicks done
    Walked one extra mile for team count
    Posted lame recipe
    Am I missing anything?
  • tbhoover
    Options
    August 8 Recap

Under Calories
    50 Squat Kicks done
    1 mile walked for the team
    Water...almost done...just have to finish this glass :o)
  • tbhoover
    Options
    A favorite recipe for our family:

Chicken Taco Stew from SparkPeople

1 onion, chopped
    1 16-oz can black beans
    1 16-oz can kidney beans
    1 16-oz can corn (drained)
    1 8-oz can tomato sauce
    2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
    1 1.25-oz packet taco seasoning
    1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Directions
    Mix everything together in a slow cooker except chicken. Lay chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. This is good eaten with cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips.

Number of Servings: 14

Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 115.8
    Total Fat: 0.8 g
    Cholesterol: 7.9 mg
    Sodium: 782.8 mg
    Total Carbs: 17.9 g
    Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g
    Protein: 7.8 g