TEAM THIN TO WIN-WEEK 2 (CLOSE GROUP!)

Options

Replies

• kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    do i need to do 15 or just 10? it looked like we had enough people to where i could just do 10... that is what i would REALLY prefer :)
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Squat kicks are done.
    Water in.
    Under calories.
    4 miles towards my 10 done.
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    squat kicks done
    under calorie
    water done

1/10 miles done
  • triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Under cals yesterday, water short by 2 sorry, squats done. no miles yet. Happy tuesday all:) Looking for fave recipe now:)
  • triciawebb78
    Options
    Thai Chicken Curry (a household favorite)
    Ingredients

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon curry paste
    1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into strips
    1 onion, coarsely chopped
    1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
    1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
    1 cup light coconut milk
    1 tablespoon fish sauce
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions

Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat; heat the curry paste in the oil about 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook another 3 minutes. Stir in the onion, bell pepper, lemon zest, coconut milk, fish sauce, and lemon juice; bring to a boil; cook until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle cilantro over the dish; stir. Serve hot.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 269 | Total Fat: 12.3g | Cholesterol: 81mg
  • triciawebb78
    Options
    swimmers presses done! will do miles tonight...will go ahead and enter it...thinking i will follow through then:) treadmill here i come after work!
  • kimlee
    kimlee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I was under calories, drank all of my water, and compelted the 50 squat kicks yesterday. Additionally, I was able to log 3 miles that I had not planned on completing...so only 7 more to go to make my pledge complete.

I am looking forward to today's challenge!
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    Yesterday, under calories, water in, and the old lady version of squat kicks done.

I also logged 2 extra miles this morning towards my 3 mile commitment. I'm gonna DIE before this week is over!!! LOL
  • kimlee
    Options
    Yesterday, under calories, water in, and the old lady version of squat kicks done.

I also logged 2 extra miles this morning towards my 3 mile commitment. I'm gonna DIE before this week is over!!! LOL

Awesome job logging the 2 extra miles. Remember we are "beasts" -- beasts don't DIE...they just get sronger.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Lol, that swimmer's press video made me giggle.
    Already got 10 cups of water in for the day.
    About to do the swimmers presses.
    Then TO THE GYM! For the extra mile for the day + 1.5 towards my 10 mile pledge :D
    BEAST MODE IN FULL EFFECT
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    Here's my recipe ... nothing special, but I saw on Hungry Girl a week or so ago how to make a bigger bowl of oatmeal for a small number of calories by just doubling the water. I LOVE oatmeal for breakfast, so here's my recipe:

1/2 c. dry Old-Fashioned Oatmeal
    1/4 t. salt
    2 c. water

Mix together the Oatmeal, salt and water. I cook my oatmeal in the microwave ... and this takes about 4 minutes. Watch the oatmeal closely, especially in the last 2 minutes as it will boil over and take over the microwave!!! Stir very frequently.

Top with 2 T. brown sugar, 2 T. raisins, and serve with 1 c. non-fat milk

Calories (includes toppings & milk) : 391
    Carbs: 80
    Fat: 3
    Protein: 14
    Sodium: 722
    Fiber: 5
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Swimmers presses done, mile done, water done (14 cups down so far) 1.3 miles towards 10 mile pledge done for a total of 3.47/10 :)
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    presses done, mile done, and 2 more towards my pledge (3/10)
  • kimlee
    Options
    Swimmer presses done! I also walked 2.1 more miles towards my 10 mile pledge!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Swimmer's press done...2 more miles toward my ten done...doing great on food and water and will be walking my extra mile tonight when we walk the dogs:)
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe from the Cooking Light cookbook. I tasted them at a party and didn't know they were low fat so I've started making them for my family and just not told them the difference...but that's our secret.

Choclate Chip Cookies

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    3/4 tsp salt
    1/2 cup applesauce, drained well
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    1 Tbls vanilla
    1 large egg
    1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375*. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl, stir well. In large mixing bowl add sugar, butter, and drained applesauce. Mix at medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and egg. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until well blended. Add chips.

Drop by level tablespoon fulls on to cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes

These cookies tend to stick so I line my baking sheets with parchment paper or you can spray lightly with a cooking spray.

Serving size is one cookie.

Calores 78
    Fat 2.9
    Protein 0.8
    Carb 12.8
    Fiber 0.2
    Sodium 87
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Is under calorie goal mean under original calorie goal, or under the amount of calories allowed for the day?
    I am under the 1200, but earned over 500 exercise calories and really would like a glass of wine tonight (or 2? I'm on vacation!)

I have 8 waters in, working on #9 (I didn't even count the huge water bottle I sucked down while in the gym this morning!)
    Swimmers rows in,
    AND just walked a mile outdoors in the drizzle, felt good!

Bring on day 3!!!!
    (and please tell me its okay to have a glass of wine!!!
  • mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if I could join this group...I see that it says Closed Group but I just thought I'd ask. Im looking to get motiviated and help people motivate by sharing stories/recipes/ideas and I'm not sure all my fb friends enjoy reading that I ran 3 miles today...and what not lol. My name is Megan and I'm 25years old and I'm striving to lose weight!! :-)
  • chuckieswife
    Options
    Swimmer's press completed. May not make extra mile today, not feeling well. I will try though. Will make up tomorrow. Sandy
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    swimmers press done and extra mile for today done. Did not get in the extra mile for the pledge as it was raining outside this afternoon.

Megan, this is a closed group but if you check over in the motivation section you will find lots of open groups and new challenges starting almost everyday. (not sure how we got in this section) I agree that the challenges and groups are the best. Look around and you will find some for just 20 somethings or those wanting to lose 30 pounds or those under 5'3" (or over 5'7"!) Good luck!