Options
    crunches and mountain climbers done
    water done
    under calories

didnt get to do any walking today
  • triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    yesterday, under cals, water in, challenge done, but no walking towards my miles goal so still at 1/5....hope to get some walking tonight. Did a lil bit of cardio this morning.

I think this challenge is great for me because i really wasnt exercising before. My familys eating is actually pretty healthy so i KNOW that i gotta step it up a notch with the exercise

We bought a treadmill at the beginning of this yr....havent really used it much this summer because cant use it and ac in our room at same time, and it gets so hot in there! Ive been debating joining a local gym but am concerned about finding the time to go and if its really worth it and then also, well im huge so i dont have a lot of work out clothes and usually wear a t shirt and scrub pants and am kinda embarrassed to go to a gym....thoughts anyone?
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I belong to my local YMCA and love it. It was recently updated so facilities are nice. What I like the most about it, however, is that the range of size, shape, and age of all who are there. Yes, there are a few super athletes there, but for the most part, there is a sense that we are all there to get in shape or stay in shape, and I am very comfortable there, even when I started 30 lbs ago being one of the larger women in the place.
    I do have a treadmill and handweights at home, and often will work out in my living room with a tape, or the weights, but there is always something else needing my attention, a gym keeps the focus on you and your hard work.
    I workout at 5am on work days. It is a killer to get used to, and most mornings I am trying to find excuses not to go even while driving there! I promise myself I will only workout for 5 minutes and if I still am too tired, I'll go home. Once in the gym, however, I am so reved to be there! I get a 45 minute workout in, run home, shower, wake up the kids, get my younger one ready, drop them off, and then run to the train! It is hectic, but doable, and having it out of the way is a great feeling!

I suggest you visit some gyms. Be sure they are no further than 10 minutes away....or you probably will not go. Visit at a time you think you would be going so you see the people who are there at that time and how busy it is. Be sure that part of the membership includes having someone available not only to show you the equipment when you begin, but are around to ask questions should a few weeks go by and you finally want to try that scary machine, but its been too long since someone showed you how it works. Visit as many as you can, including a YMCA if you have one near you, until you find somewhere that feels like it would be a good fit for you.
    A t-shirt and scrubs are fine. However, you are making a commitment to a new healthier you. Don't you deserve at least one gym outfit that makes you feel good about yourself? That little bit of confidence goes a long way. Be sure you get a really good sports bra (worth the investment, believe me!!). If you like music and have an ipod, I also recommend an armband to hold the ipod. Good luck! Tell me how it goes!
  • kimlee
    kimlee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I was under my calorie goal yesterday, drank all of my water, and completed my daily challenge. I wasalso able to walk 2 miles with my husband, so I am at 7 miles towards my pledge of 10.
  • chuckieswife
    Options
    Good Morning, Completed the mountain climbin yesterday, I did the crunches this morning. We had to make a purchase last night. Our wall oven has been gradually going out for a few months, it went totally blitz on Saturday, after I mixed up a batch of Zucchini Bread. Was going to my dad's to clean anyway that day so I cooked the bread at this house. To top off my Saturday, after I cleaned and baked my bread at Dad's, I drove the truck, my husband had the jeep, he had to go to the bank and such, anyway, the truck decided it would not start, dead battery, waited hour and a half for my husband to arrive. Still smiling!!

Anyway, we went to Sears Outlet last night and bought a stainless steel wall oven, it is awesome. I took us 30 minutes to figure a way to safely get the oven in the house in one piece and my husband hooked it up in about 5. Well, thank goodness he is a carpenter, tonight he is going to have to notch out about an 1/8 of an inch on each side so it will slide all the way in.

I was under calories and did 3 miles towards my pledge, I have 9 more miles to make my 15 this week. Sandy
  • triciawebb78
    Options
    I belong to my local YMCA and love it. It was recently updated so facilities are nice. What I like the most about it, however, is that the range of size, shape, and age of all who are there. Yes, there are a few super athletes there, but for the most part, there is a sense that we are all there to get in shape or stay in shape, and I am very comfortable there, even when I started 30 lbs ago being one of the larger women in the place.
    I do have a treadmill and handweights at home, and often will work out in my living room with a tape, or the weights, but there is always something else needing my attention, a gym keeps the focus on you and your hard work.
    I workout at 5am on work days. It is a killer to get used to, and most mornings I am trying to find excuses not to go even while driving there! I promise myself I will only workout for 5 minutes and if I still am too tired, I'll go home. Once in the gym, however, I am so reved to be there! I get a 45 minute workout in, run home, shower, wake up the kids, get my younger one ready, drop them off, and then run to the train! It is hectic, but doable, and having it out of the way is a great feeling!

I suggest you visit some gyms. Be sure they are no further than 10 minutes away....or you probably will not go. Visit at a time you think you would be going so you see the people who are there at that time and how busy it is. Be sure that part of the membership includes having someone available not only to show you the equipment when you begin, but are around to ask questions should a few weeks go by and you finally want to try that scary machine, but its been too long since someone showed you how it works. Visit as many as you can, including a YMCA if you have one near you, until you find somewhere that feels like it would be a good fit for you.
    A t-shirt and scrubs are fine. However, you are making a commitment to a new healthier you. Don't you deserve at least one gym outfit that makes you feel good about yourself? That little bit of confidence goes a long way. Be sure you get a really good sports bra (worth the investment, believe me!!). If you like music and have an ipod, I also recommend an armband to hold the ipod. Good luck! Tell me how it goes!

Thanks so much, i have dvds and wii and treadmill at home but i seem to find so many excuses - so i think if i am paying for it that will motivate, plus getting out of the house:)
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    Got my water in, under calories, crunches done. Just couldn't get the Mountain climbers done.

I have a competition this weekend, so won't be able to check in until Sunday. I'll try to get all the exercises done. I will also get the last mile of my commitment finished up.
  • IndependentMe
    Options
    Having a major appliance break is always a bummer! But getting a new shiny one makes up for it! Enjoy your new oven!

-Andrea
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    im under calories, over water, did my jacks and 21's, and my miles are now at 6.5/10
    wooooooo
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    bicep curls & jacks done.
    over water
    will be under calories.

recipie : my favorite salad i made up earlier this week. It can be high in calories depending on the almonds & oil oil quantity used (i use about 2 tablespoons). if i have even more calories to spend , i put in a wrap. delicious!!!!!. high in fat too...but almost all of the fat is good for you fat and it curbs my craving to eat junk.

salad:

fry pan - heat up with olive oil. when hot add almonds, portobello mushrooms, red bell peppers, green onion. stir ocassionally so all the veggies are well coated. cook until hot and almonds/mushrooms become toasted looking.

remove from heat & place over a bed of fresh greens. i use 1/2 spinich and 1/2 green/red leaf lettuce which makes a terrific combination.

no added dressing is necessary in my book.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Challenges completed and two more miles toward my goal...I'm at 9/10:)
  • chuckieswife
    Options
    I am so sorry, I feel that at this time I am unable to compete in a challenge that requires additional exercise. I had a kidney transplant in 2002, I am doing well with it but there are certain exercises I am unable to do, such as jumping jacks and global jump. To be fair to the group, I feel it necessary to leave at this time. Good luck, you will do great. Sandy
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sandy, I was debating this same thing but have also decided I need to focus on my core workout. Maybe in 6 months I will be able to join a challenge with lots of variables to kick it up.

I pledged an extra 5 pounds and have completed 2 of them. Good luck to all of you and hope you have a great result in August!
  • triciawebb78
    Options
    completely understandable to step out now...best of luck to you both!

Im sad to say that i didnt get any miles in today:( but did get under calories, water done and challenge done.
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    My arms are BURNING from those 21's x___x And the exercise trackers says I only burned 30 calories from it? Geez...
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Love the 21s, hate the jumping jacks, but they're both done.
    Water in.
    Under calories.
    Walked an extra 1.5 miles today after my run so I'm finished with my pledge of 10 miles.

Have a good night everyone!
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    21's and jumping jacks done. On track to be under calories, jogged 1 extra mile. Working on the water, but it should be fine :D
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    21'S DONE JACKS DONE
    WATER DONE
    WILL BE UNDER CALORIES

4/10 MILES DONE
  • IndependentMe
    Options
    Reporting for Thursday - 21s and Jacks were completed, water goal met, 1.5 extra miles logged for 4/10 completed so far.
    Walking around Harbor Islands all day today, but my legs are so sore from my killer workout yesterday. Hopefully the walking will stretch them out a bit.
  • IndependentMe
    Options
    and under calories (forgot to put that in!)