I will tell you when I need your opinion...

Options
For my MFP friends...I was about to lose my religion yesterday because someone sent me a nasty IM about my food diary and how they as an athletic trainer thought I needed to change. WTF. I was gonna rant and rave and talk about how his momma should be in jail for not squeezing her legs when he was coming through the birth canal, but I decided instead to use my energy for calorie burning. I could have told him that he needed to mind his own bizness, and that his wife cheating on him has nothing to do with his little pecker, but his down low tendencies...but instead I chilled.

The point is this friends. You cannot argue success. 50 pounds loss in 5 months does not come by accident. Just because I am not doing it your way, does not mean I am doing it the wrong way. I need to do me, cause YOU are too complicated to analyze. If someone is NOT asking for your input and you decide to offer it, please be kind about it. Anytime a person feel that you are attacking them, they will come out swinging. Just because you do not see it on my diary, don't mean I did not eat it, and vice versa. Just because you read that I did a triathlon followed by a Tough Mudder, all in one day, does not mean I am telling the truth. I welcome all valuable tips and criticism, but sometimes if you are unsure, ask a question and I will clarify for you before your typing fingers write a check your *kitten* cannot cash.

And BTW Mr. Trainer, why did you not have any pics of your current successes? SMH at some people.

Replies

• voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You have your diary open. That mean it's open for critique. Now, that being said, whomever has that much free time to run around critiquing diaries.... go for it. I just wish I had that much free time.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand unsolicited advice. (Especially from my mother-in-law.) But people sOo want to give that unsolicited advice. All.the.time.
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Heehee ROCK ON! If it works for you, then keep at it!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    You tell em E!!
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This is the exact reason mine is private. Someone was *****ing about my sodium!!!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I was gonna rant and rave and talk about how his momma should be in jail for not squeezing her legs when he was coming through the birth canal, but I decided instead to use my energy for calorie burning.

^ this is why i like you...
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    :bigsmile: Good job on not losing your religion!! I struggle with that on here as well:explode: !! But some people are jealous and will always be. You have had great success and thats all that matters!!!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    See this is the crap that bothers me.....This is why I always end up closing mine! I don't mind a critique but when people start to get a bit nasty in their criticism....it annoys the holy hell out of me!!
  • Kassielin13
    Options
    Great job on 50 lbs down! Keep up the awesome work the way you have been! Seems that the way you are eating now is doing just fine for you! Just hold your head high and smile!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never understood people who gave advice without being asked.
  • BeeMarieG
    BeeMarieG Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't think an open diary means that it's an invitation for critique. My two cents.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It's one way to explain to someone that they might not be doing something right because they are not losing the weight. Then its another to criticize someone who actually lost the weight to do it their way. Unless they are some nutritionist or a doctor...MAYBE it's a valid point, highly doubt it though. I just ignore the bs and move on. I don't like to waste my time as well as theirs.

btw...Congrats on your loss :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Why have an open diary if you don't want advice or opinion?
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    it's one of those 'i think it's blue', 'well, i think it's green'... doesn't mean we're both right or wrong... blue works for me, green works for you... that's all that matters... i'm right for me, you're right for you...
    some people just need to trash other people to make themselves feel better.. who knows.. maybe he overindulged that day, and just needed someone to lash out at...

either way, you've got a 50 lb loss to show that whatever you're doing is working for you.. so, keep on keepin on :D
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I agree to an extent. Your diary is open to the public so its expected that people while throw in their two cents every once in a while, whether asked or not. However, I can't stand people who send long, intense messages saying you're doing things wrong and blah blah blah. Usually I just ignore them.

Different things work for different people while using weight. Excessively counting calories, intense exercise, etc gives me slower results. But just watching what I eat and making healthy substitutions has helped me lose about 15 lbs in 2 months. I think if something is working for you then keep doing it. This person probably thought they were just trying to help, but there's no need to be an *kitten*.

You are doing great, keep it up!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    See this is the crap that bothers me.....This is why I always end up closing mine! I don't mind a critique but when people start to get a bit nasty in their criticism....it annoys the holy hell out of me!!
    The kicker is then you get the people *****ing about diaries not being open...lol you just cant win.Im so glad I stopped logging
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    So what, just cause its open you're allowed to ***** about it? suck it up sally.. and go train your monkeys.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!! you tell em !
  • kimmybska
    Options
    Great job! Love the post!! People need to keep opinions about your being public and open to criticism to themselves as well. All critics needs to FO!! Keep rockin!!
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many comments on other peoples' diaries that I chose to keep mine private. I know that I don't always pick the best choices, but I'm learning. And I personally can't take the criticism right now as I'm very new in my weight loss journey. I don't know if that will change though.