I will tell you when I need your opinion...

Options

Replies

• gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    LOL--love it and agree with you 100%. Do it your way, it's obviously working for you! Congrats on your awesome loss!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand unsolicited advice. (Especially from my mother-in-law.) But people sOo want to give that unsolicited advice. All.the.time.

hahahaha
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    nothing like the drama on this site to get my monday morning going...
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Exactly, why I don't have my journal public! Sounds like you are doing great so keep at it.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    WOW! I don't really know what to say but WOW!

I don't think people should offer unsolicited advice. We are here to support each other not tear each other apart and if no one asked for advice no one should be giving it especially in a negative way. This is why I keep mine on private. I could care less if people see what I eat but it would aggrivate me if people started telling me what to do because like you said what I'm doing is working for me if it wasn't I would ask for help!

Good luck to you!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    WOW! I don't really know what to say but WOW!

I don't think people should offer unsolicited advice. We are here to support each other not tear each other apart and if no one asked for advice no one should be giving it especially in a negative way. This is why I keep mine on private. I could care less if people see what I eat but it would aggrivate me if people started telling me what to do because like you said what I'm doing is working for me if it wasn't I would ask for help!

Good luck to you!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    nothing like the drama on this site to get my monday morning going...
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'd like to agree with you, but the whole passive aggressive rant and your rude attitude leaves me with very little sympathy. If someone doesn't like something in your diary, in the end it's just their opinion and you're free to take it or leave it. You're obviously successful at what you're doing - why so defensive? Your record should speak for itself.

I say do yourself a favor and just let it pass - the stress is probably dumping Cortisol into your system which is counterproductive to your weight loss - but now I'm giving unsolicited advice and that will probably piss you off too, so I'll go back to minding my own business now.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I keep everything private. It's all my business. No one elses. :explo
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Opinions are like @$$holes...everyone has one, and they usually stink! Mine is open..go for it, but just remember, it's working for me the way I need it to. And If you share your opinion with me..be prepared...I may have to tell you to **** off! You did great with the 50 loss keep up the great work!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Why have an open diary if you don't want advice or opinion?

My choice to keep it open. I welcome advice and opinion if it is constructive. This person was telling me I am totally wrong in the way I am going about things and how he would correct it. This guy do not know me from Adam so how can he offer me advice on healthy living. And once again, show me where in the contract you signed to join MFP that says an open diary is an invitation for "advice or opinion".
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Annnnd this is why mine is locked. If I want advice, I'll ask for it and open my diary. Otherwise, I'll just keep losing weight the way I've been successfully doing it so far. :laugh:
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    See this is the crap that bothers me.....This is why I always end up closing mine! I don't mind a critique but when people start to get a bit nasty in their criticism....it annoys the holy hell out of me!!

Thats why mines private too.

99% of the time, the person knows that the *insert food here* wasn't the best choice before they ate it - and if not, they definitely knew AFTER they logged it. We beat ourselves up enough for our bad choices - no need for someone else to take a swing at us too.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Ya know what!? If I wanted any of yer lip I'd shake my zipper! :tongue:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!! And, even with the rant and follow up comments from everyone supporting you, people will still not read it all and think they are right, no matter what!!

About the diaries, I agree, being open doesn't mean "please, oh please, someone come and judge me!!". I keep mine open, though I will close it if people ever message me and get harsh. But my reasoning is this, I like to see what is working for other people. If I see someone, like yourself, that has lost 50 pounds, or someone that is promoting a certain way of eating that might be similar to mine, I like to look at their diary to see what they are eating and to see if it would help me in choosing foods, or how they are spacing out their carbs vs protein all day, etc etc. It is like another tool on the site. You see someone be successful and want to see how they are doing it to help your own plan. I do not look at other people's diaries and presume to criticize! So therefore, if I am able to look at others diaries, I would feel guilty for having mine closed, you know what I mean? So that's the only reason I keep mine open, so I don't feel guilty for looking at others and not allowing mine to be seen :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You are correct, it's hard to argue with succes. Congrats on yours, btw. I'm not sure I'd believe someone was an athletic trainer just because they said so anyway since it's a public internet board.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You tell 'um ...your success speaks for itself! ....and way to use that energy that person provided in a positive way (to work out). You my friend are a pinnacle of support to your MFP family (I am proud to be a member). I am glad you vented and got past it! Keep up the good fight!
  • Whatnow50
    Options
    Great post, such control you displayed! Good for you. Love- I gotta do me!
    Some people just don't understand proper boundaries!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't think that leaving your diary open gives anyone the right to necessarily crap all over it. If I ask for advice because something has gone awry I expect someone to say "Well, honey, maybe if you didn't have that ice cream and wine you'd be fine." But if I'm rocking on with my own plan and not having issues keep it to yourself. This is the respect that I pay others and the one that I expect in return. I like when people are using the program successfully and share their diaries, it gives me a place to go and look for meal plans. When I get bored with what I'm eating I want to see what everyone else has going on. It burns my buns when a bad apple ruins the bunch.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    If any REAL trainers want to rip my diet and exercise apart, please do! I'm new enough to want unsolictied advice cuz I really don't know it all.:bigsmile: