Need to use up zucchini....help me out!

Options
124»

Replies

• autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Calabacitas

Slice zucchini, chop an onion, and stir in a clove of minced garlic. Saute on medium heat, adding one or two diced jalapeno peppers and a couple diced tomatoes. When tender, stir in one cup frozen corn, and a drained and rinsed can of black beans. Heat through and top with 2 Tbsp. shredded cheese.

I use either as a main dish, or a side dish with grilled chicken.
  • Dollieface
    Options
    Bake it with EVOO and then add it to a pasta. My favorite is angel hair with zucchini in a light red sauce with mushroom.

1 Whole Zucchini, sliced, drizzle with 2 tbsp EVOO
    *Bake at 400,my oven only takes 20 minutes for this.
    1 Cup Whole Wheat Pasta (of your choice)
    1/2 Cup Light tomato sauce
    1oz Fresh Button Mushrooms (you can saute these lightly but I just prefer raw)

*I always wondered if you could eat zucchini raw without getting a sour tummy, thanks for inadvertently answering my question! I'm excited to reap the benefits of yet another raw veggie :happy:
  • lori8431
    lori8431 Posts: 68
    Options
    I slice thin on gondola with potatoes, mushrooms, onions, . I cook with very little olive oil and cooking spray, add garlic and teriyaki sauce. Very good with some brown rice or a steak cooked on grill.

I also shred and throw in soups..very good in Healthy Choice bean soup, Progresso's tomato basil soup or lentil soup.
  • lori8431
    lori8431 Posts: 68
    Options
    Yum that sounds really good.