Would you rather... Wednesday 11/26/08

Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
Would you rather...

Attend Harvard, obtain a degree with a 4.0 average but never leave your dorm room (except for class) for 4 years (meals are brought to you)

or

Flip hamburgers at McDonalds for 10 years after high school graduation and then attend the college of your choice.

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Young me would have said flip burgers and enjoy life with no money.

Older me is saying go to Harvard and forgo fun for a couple years. Enjoy life afterwards with money.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Harvard.

I can still post on my 8 forums, right Max????? :noway:
  • Harvard, fo' sho'...

In fact, that's kind of the path I took. I plowed through an undergrad engineering program (at a private school, but not Harvard) in three years. It was NOT fun, but at 21 I was out working hard and making enough money to play hard. :wink:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Can't I just marry the guy who went to Harvard?? :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Harvard! I am with Shannon.............give me my puter and I am all good!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Attend Harvard with a 4.0 average. I'm a homebody anyway and could connect to the outside world with my computer.

I could also use those 4 years of solitude to come up with a multi billion dollar invention that would change life as we know it.:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Attend Harvard with a 4.0 average. I'm a homebody anyway and could connect to the outside world with my computer.

I could also use those 4 years of solitude to come up with a multi billion dollar invention that would change life as we know it.:bigsmile:
    WOOO!! Exactly my thoughts soupy!! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member

Nevermind...I'm marrying Soup!! :love: :laugh:
  • Shannon023

Great. Now I'm gonna have to come up with a bigger dowery for my daughter. :grumble:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    That is a difficult choice.
    Given how many opportunities are not there having never attended I would say get the Harvard degree early and then make the most of it.
  • SoupNazi

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :love: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Harvard.

I can still post on my 8 forums, right Max????? :noway:

Yes, you can do whatever you want in your dorm room. You just can't leave.

Can I sneak boys in??? :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi

Great. Now I'm gonna have to come up with a bigger dowery for my daughter. :grumble:

Nah. Just bring the keg (and your mullet wig) and we gots ourselves a weddin to attend to.:drinker:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member

wink_an.gif

Does it have to be a man? :smokin:

:laugh: :wink:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member

Crap! Soup already beat me to it :grumble: Guess that's what I get for WORKING :ohwell: :laugh:
  • SoupNazi

WOOO!! Exactly my thoughts soupy!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi

Crap! Soup already beat me to it :grumble: Guess that's what I get for WORKING :ohwell: :laugh:

No working!:angry:

It's a goof off day!:bigsmile:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member

Crap...one more thing to add to the list of things I missed out on.

:grumble:
  • TamTastic
    Harvard! I am with Shannon.............give me my puter and I am all good!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Think this through. 4 years of living in a 10 x 10 room. Every evening you'r locked up in that room. Every weekend you are locked up.
    But the 4 years of doing that will be worth it when I have my degree! And by that point I will have been home so much that I will be all ready to get out there and work and socialize and travel......I will TRULY live!

While in the room, I will exercise and read and look out the window and broaden my mind with studies....and for a year BEFORE I went to Harvard, I would have traveled around and seen a few things........and filled my quota enough to handle being inside for 4 years.
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Max, good luck at the doctor.:flowerforyou:

Kell and Soup - I MISS YOU!:heart:

That is all.
    :drinker: