Need quick BREAKFAST ideas. PLEASE HELP

dephillipsj1
dephillipsj1 Posts: 15 Member
Need help finding quick, easy and healthy things to eat for breakfast when I'm in a rush in the morning. Lately I've just been eating oatmeal with cinnamon because I can microwave it in 45s and be out the door, but it's getting kind of boring. Please Help with suggestions. And PLEASE ADD me I'm new to the website. TY.

Replies

• outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    i have just been eating raisin bran and 1/2 cup ff milk.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    I have a protein shake every morning, I drink on my drive in to work. Sometimes I have oatmeal, and other times I stop and grab something on the way in to work. I'm curious as to what ideas you get!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    A zip-lock baggie of dry cereal (Kashi is great ... lots with high fiber & protein) and a greek yogurt

Along the same lines ... I mix light yogurt with Kashi Go Lean, Almonds, and raspberries. Measure at night & throw together.

I'm not an egg eater but if you are look into homemade breakfast burritos (freeze & reheat)
  • dephillipsj1
    dephillipsj1 Posts: 15 Member
    Thomalu - What do you use to make your protein shakes?

TeaBea - I like the kashi go lean suggestion to mix with greek yogurt.

Thanks for suggestions so far :smile:
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Some PB and a banana inside a whole wheat tortilla. Add a couple of chocolate chips/sprinkles for extra sweetness, if you want.
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    -greek yogurt, pre-sliced almonds, and fresh berries
    -frozen whole wheat waffles topped with fresh strawberries
  • malaird
    malaird Posts: 2
    I sometimes premake breakfast sandwiches using turkey sausage or canadian bacon, 1 egglands best egg, half a slice of swiss or provolone reduced fat sargento cheese and either Sara Lee 90 calorie english muffins or Thomas brand 110 calorie bagels. I keep them refrigerated for the week and take one out to pop in microwave on lower power for about 30 seconds. I also eat activia light fat free yogurts its only 70 calories.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    My go to breakfasts are peanut butter and banana in a low cal, high fiber tortilla, (microwaved) scrambled egg beaters with some cheese, sometimes in a tortilla or as a toast sandwich, or plain Greek yogurt mixed with half a scoop of vanilla protein powder, strawberries, and granola. This morning though I had a ritz crackerful and 3 clementines...
  • MynMx
    MynMx Posts: 2
    Dempster's 12 grain toast with light laughing cow cheese.
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    1/2 cup cottage cheese with any fruit ( with 2 rings of pineapple it comes it at 125 cal)

1 boiled egg ( you can boil as many as you want and keep them in the fridge), along with orowheats double fiber whole wheat english muffin with a little fruit spread (no butter needed), 1/2 a banana

1/2 cup fage total 0% plain yogurt with a little honey, dried cranberry and almonds

1 whole wheat waffle with a fruit spread of your choice acompanied with either cottage cheese or all natural applesauce or even 2 links of turkey sausage.

breakfast is one of my favorite meals and i have a ton more that i love, but the above are most of my "quick" breakfasts
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    I make smoothies... I cut everything up in pieces FRESH FRUIT & FREEZE them then just grab the amounts and blend. I do add fresh spinach & greek nonfat yogurt & flax seed... You can take that with you out the door, && switch your fruit everyday! Add just a little water but don't need to add ice because your fruit is already frozen!! Good Luck:)
  • rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Egg muffins, I make them in about 30 minutes on Sunday for the whole week.

5 eggs
    chopped veggies - I do onion and mushroom
    2% cheddar cheese
    muffin pan
    muffin cups

Pre-heat the oven to 375.

Scrambled the five eggs into a bowl or mixing cup with a spout. Put five muffin cups in your pan and spray them with cooking spray. Layer first you veggies, then add a bit of cheese. Once down with all five them pour the egg mixture into the cups over the veggies and cheese until each is mostly full.

Bake for 25 minutes.

Remove, let cool, and then store in the fridge, they'll keep for a bit over a week. I take mine to work with a english muffin and nuke it for about a minute.
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Protien shake with frozen fruit (no sugar added); Greek Yogurt with High Fiber cereal mixed in; W.W. Bagel with FF Cream cheese
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Greek yogurt + whey protein powder + dried cranberries and granola

Frozen banana + chocolate milk + flaxseed meal + wheat germ (can also add protein powder)

Double fiber English muffin + all-natural peanut butter and a little bit of honey

The above are my three top meals lately... none of them take more than 5 minutes!
  • Eyyys
    Eyyys Posts: 3
    Wow... great thread! This is my big struggle too, so this is super helpful! Thanks everyone!

Sometimes I'll have an apple and a tablespoon of Simply Jif PB, I can slice the apple and eat it in the car, and one spoon of PB is good as I'm running out the door. :)
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    I have a protein shake every morning, I drink on my drive in to work. Sometimes I have oatmeal, and other times I stop and grab something on the way in to work. I'm curious as to what ideas you get!

ditto...protein shake every morning
  • I also have problems with quick breakfasts plus I am lactose intolerant so that makes a healthy breakfast very difficult. I HATE oatmeal, by the way, I get it in my mouth and just can't make myself swallow it. I ate way too much of it last diet i was on! I cook 3 slices of turkey bacon in the microwave and put that and a little mustard on a whole wheat thin sliced bagel and it fills me up better than anything else i have found. Good Luck!
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    I usually do cereal, yogurt, or a banana with peanut butter in 1/2 a whole wheat pita. When I think about planning ahead, though, one of my favorites is ham and cheese eggs. I use one slice of deli selects ham, and use it like a liner in a muffin tin. Pour in some egg beaters and top with fat free cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes. I make 6 at a time, and they keep in the fridge all week. Then I can just road one in the microwave, make some toast and its a quick easy yummy breakfast.
  • Dana1616
    Dana1616 Posts: 4 Member
    I'll cook 1/2 cup eggbeaters, 1 tbsp shredded reduced calorie cheese, in a cup spread with 1/2 tsp lite margarine in the microwave for 1 min 20 seconds, stir then cook 20 seconds longer. Sometimes I'll nuke 1/2 cup fresh spinach then add the eggbeaters and sometimes add salsa. About 100 calories.
  • I love Whole Grain English Muffins with almond butter. You can either heat it up in the microwave for 5-8 sec or toast it !! Quick breakfast on the go!