Need quick BREAKFAST ideas. PLEASE HELP

Options

Replies

• blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I also make egg muffins sometimes but lately I've just been making my eggs in the microwave, adding a slice of ff cheese, salsa and hot sauce and have a whole wheat english muffin. Today I added some avocado, so yummy and filling!
  • LisaM100
    LisaM100 Posts: 14
    Options
    check out the site in the recipes area that is dedicated to wraps. there are some great breakfast wrap ideas there. breakfast is tough! i try and bring something to work with me and eat it at my office mid morning so that i don't binge the rest of the day.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    1-2 egg whites with salt and pepper to taste and 2 strips of turkey bacon. You can cook them both in the microwave if you wanted to and eat them over whole grain english muffins :)

Special K Cinnamon and Pecan Cereal with cut up bananas. Quick, easy, and yummy.

Egg White Omelet with onions, peppers, etc.
  • txdiver
    txdiver Posts: 1
    Options
    My cousin sent me some weight watchers recipes that are sooo easy 200 cal or less. They are eggbeaters microwaved in a mug. They are called bean n cheesy soft taco in an egg mug, all american egg mug, say cheese egg mug, veggi eggs-plosion mug, its all greek to me mug, Never cared for eggbeaters but these are tasty. I will see if they can be saved for you to search. Made in 5 min or less. Let me know if you can not find them. Good luck.
  • chelsbells26
    Options
    Breakfast for me is usually some sort of fruit bowl or, my personal favorite for many reasons would be an APPLE :) and some oatmeal (generally the weight management variety pack from Quaker.) I do not like mixing my oatmeal with water and I don't drink cow milk, so I use Almond Milk....

Apples have been found to be extremely beneficial to health and weight loss goals because the polyphenols are linked with organ-fat loss and body fat-loss amongst many other things. (If you have time, look into it some more!) They say that a lot of the time there is significant weight/fat loss around the abdominal area. :) I LOVE APPLES so hearing this just made me love them even more!

Also, almond milk is a terrific replacement for cow milk because it is much lower in calories and lower in cholesterol and fat, along with sugar. I love it. It is all natural and adds a terrific taste to any cereal/oatmeal. It adds a nice sweet taste but the sugar content is still low because there is no sugar added.

Sorry that I wrote like an entire book here, I just have a ton of random and sometimes useless fitness and nutrition knowledge stored in my head haha good luck :)
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    A zip-lock baggie of dry cereal (Kashi is great ... lots with high fiber & protein) and a greek yogurt

Along the same lines ... I mix light yogurt with Kashi Go Lean, Almonds, and raspberries. Measure at night & throw together.

I'm not an egg eater but if you are look into homemade breakfast burritos (freeze & reheat)

Oh the Kashi + Yogurt... That sounds so tasty!
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I made mini quiche the other day, using all the random leftovers in my fridge (sun dried tomatoes, vegies, olives, salami) and added some eggs and cooked them in muffin tins. I'm having them now as an easy breakfast or snack!! Easy to freeze or refrigerate then chuck in the microwave in the morning! :-)
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I grab my breakfast as I'm running out the door for work and eat at my desk. Lately I've been eating Fage fat free greek yogurt mixed with sugar free cherry jello powder. It adds up to 140 cals and 23g protein. Also, it is a fabulous shade of pink. Other mornings I try to mix it up with cottage cheese and fruit, fruit smoothies, or steel cut oatmeal flavored with different stuff.
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    I like to rotate one of these combos: 1) cottage cheese and fruit 2) banana and raisin toast 3) cherrios & milk 4) rainsin bran & milk

I go for something super easy and fast, as I exercise after breakfast and then hit the shower before its off to work.
  • kerrylou150
    Options
    I grab my breakfast as I'm running out the door for work and eat at my desk. Lately I've been eating Fage fat free greek yogurt mixed with sugar free cherry jello powder. It adds up to 140 cals and 23g protein. Also, it is a fabulous shade of pink. Other mornings I try to mix it up with cottage cheese and fruit, fruit smoothies, or steel cut oatmeal flavored with different stuff.

What ratio of yogurt to jello powder do you use... i have read this on another thread but i am not sure if its one box of mix to a 6 oz of yogurt or if its more like a tbsp of powder to 6 oz of yogurt. i really want to try this. I also read you can mix a packet of crystal light into 6 oz of plain greek yogurt. I am trying that tomorrow.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have my Visalus Nutritional Shake! So filling and so many different recipes! Plus you get tons of nutrients and they contain less than one gram of sugar! The shake mix itself is only 90 calories! Even with adding fruits, pb or whatever they average about 300 calories! you can make them the night before, stick it in the fridge, then grab it on your way out and drink it on your way to work!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I pop 2 Kellog Eggo Nutri-grain whole wheat low fat waffles in the toaster and spread peanut butter on them....yummy and filling!
  • VApoppyseed
    Options
    For the times that I have to eat on the run, I like to have a piece of fruit and a Vitatop. Vitatops are like muffin tops, 100 calories and packed with fiber and vitamins. You find them in the freezer section, there are several different flavors... watch the fiber, because some of the flavors have more than others and you wouldn't want more than one. They are individually wrapped, so you can take it to go... or pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to defrost and warm it up.
  • martinezrl
    martinezrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Egg scrambles are a quick way to fit a lot of healthy stuff into the start of your day. If you've got any veggies nearing the end of their lifespans (cabbage, peppers, broccoli) chop off a few slivers and throw them in a pan with a serving of eggs or egg whites. The whole process can take less than five minutes, it's more filling than cereal or fruit alone, and the added fiber will give you more energy at the start of your day. (You can always soak the pan while you're at work and wash it when you get home!)
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I make baked oatmeal with apples, raisins, almond milk, eggs and spices. I make a big batch that last me for at least 6 meals. I eat it cold with plain fage or Chobani Greek yogurt.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I do 6 tbsp of egg whites (I think it's equivalent to 2 eggs), a Thomas Everything Bagel-Thin with mustard (sounds weird, so good), and some fresh fruit. The egg whites cook in about a minute. It's a very quick and filling breakfast!
  • tiphaniesmith
    Options
    I am an egg eater and breakfast is my meal of the day! I scramble 2 eggs in olive oil with a dash of fat free milk to fluff and pop 2 slices of turkey bacon in the microwave for 2 minutes. By the time the bacon is done, the eggs are just about done. Throw the eggs on the plate with the bacon and in 5-7 minutes, I have a protien packed breakfast! I wake up allowing myself 15 minutes to prep and eat breakfast. Remember; it's important to sit down and eat and enjoy your food! I'm new here too, today is my second day.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options

What ratio of yogurt to jello powder do you use... i have read this on another thread but i am not sure if its one box of mix to a 6 oz of yogurt or if its more like a tbsp of powder to 6 oz of yogurt. i really want to try this. I also read you can mix a packet of crystal light into 6 oz of plain greek yogurt. I am trying that tomorrow.

I don't actually measure it....I just sprinkle it in until I like the color. I think 1 box is supposed to be 4 servings, but I guess I probably use less than 1 serving. I know I've eaten it more than 4 times since I opened the last box and it's far from empty.
  • kristijoanderson
    Options
    1 cup of corn flakes, 1 cup skim lactose-free milk, 2 TBLSP raisins, 2 TBLSP almonds or sunflower seeds. This is 415 calories and with the mono-unsaturated fat of the nuts, it will hold you until lunch. It is fast, especially if you bag up a bunch of these, minus the milk and have them ready to grab and pour into your bowl. I have eaten this every day for the past 6 months and am still not tired of it. Good Luck
  • txmike64
    txmike64 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I cut up a 45 calorie white turkey hot dog and a half cup of egg white, pourable, into microwave egg cooker. Nuke 2 minutes. Take with cup of Kuerig coffee. Total 97 calories. Holds me for four hours.