Need quick BREAKFAST ideas. PLEASE HELP

Options

Replies

• jwgca
    jwgca Posts: 44
    Options
    I throw a cup of oatmeal in my protein shake every morning. quick and convenient with no mess.
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    I hard boil a week's worth of eggs and have one with 2 pieces of canadian bacon in the morning. Both are already cooked so it's really grab and go. If I have more time I might fry an egg in a non-stick skillet (no oil or butter) and heat the canadian bacon along with it. That gives me enough protein to make it until lunch for under 200 calories. Usually I will add a little fresh or dried fruit too.
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another (similar) thread, but I think it applies here too:

1 part (by weight) brown sugar
    2.5 parts (by weight) rolled oats
    4 parts (by weight) greek yoghurt

Combine in a bowl and mash into a paste, enjoy.

This can be varied almost infinitely according to your wishes....Brown sugar can be substituted with any other sugar you may prefer - or honey - or any flavored or unflavored sirup you prefer. You can even use artificial sweetener if you want to go extra low on calories.
    Rolled oats of different textures (finely rolled, coarsely rolled) may be used to create the texture you want. And the greek yoghurt comes in different fat-% which you can use to adjust calories and/or texture.

It takes about 2 minutes to make and a portion of 150 grams total (about 300 calories - using 2 fat-% greek yoghurt) can keep me going for several hours on an ordinary day (your mileage may vary).
  • elly0001
    elly0001 Posts: 191
    Options
    bump
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I throw a cup of oatmeal in my protein shake every morning. quick and convenient with no mess.

the only way to eat brekfast,
  • xshatteredxmindx
    Options
    I eat the 1 cup of the Multi-Grain cereal (Its healthier than Fiber One!) and I have 1 cup of Organic Lowfat Milk.
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump =)
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on most breakfast foods although I have eaten Oatmeal squares cereal this week. This morning, I had a half a deli chicken and havarti cheese sandwich on pumpernickel. I prefer a sandwich to traditional breakfast. Heck I've eaten veggie soup for breakfast before.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins, I make them in about 30 minutes on Sunday for the whole week.

5 eggs
    chopped veggies - I do onion and mushroom
    2% cheddar cheese
    muffin pan
    muffin cups

Pre-heat the oven to 375.

Scrambled the five eggs into a bowl or mixing cup with a spout. Put five muffin cups in your pan and spray them with cooking spray. Layer first you veggies, then add a bit of cheese. Once down with all five them pour the egg mixture into the cups over the veggies and cheese until each is mostly full.

Bake for 25 minutes.

Remove, let cool, and then store in the fridge, they'll keep for a bit over a week. I take mine to work with a english muffin and nuke it for about a minute.

^ this! i make these alot
  • ReginasHorror
    ReginasHorror Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    As long as you have 15 minutes, my breakfast usually works: 3 egg whites with soy sause, a bannana (small) and Frigo's Cheese Heads Light String cheese. I usually eat the eggs at home then drive to work eating the bannana and cheese. And I have a five minute drive to work :D
  • benjfam
    benjfam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love 1-2 egg whites scrambled with a small amount of tobasco fried and topped with 1-2 tbsp shredded cheese. Top with salsa and wrap in a tortilla! Very tasty and filling. I also do 1-2 egg whites fried, top with 1 slice of turkey or ham and 1 slice cheese on 12 grain toast! This is so quick, easy and tasty!

Yogurt parfaits are easy also. I like light and fit vanilla yogurt with kashi go lean crunch cereal and fresh fruit. Such a good treat for breakfast or middle of day snack.
  • shashaz2002
    Options
    I like to cut a banana in half length wise and then add Better than peanut better in the middle, keeps me full til lunch
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    Cottage cheese & fruit, or a hard boiled egg-discard yolk & fill with flavored hummus. It's kind of like a deviled egg.
  • terryrob2
    terryrob2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jemko
    jemko Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I also do a protein shake every morning, which I make the night before and grab out of the fridge on my way out. I typically use almond milk or coconut kefir (I'm sensitive to dairy), protein powder, about a cup of frozen fruit and 2 tbsp of flax meal. It's very filling and will last me from 7:30 until my next scheduled 'snack', which is usually a piece of fruit at around 11:00.
  • michelle_d06
    Options
    Bump...Thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions!
  • dephillipsj1
    dephillipsj1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    All these suggestions are so good I'm gonna try them..so far this week to switch it up I've been doing the Kashi and Greek Yogurt idea.
  • mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My all-time favourite has to be low fat rice cakes with peanut butter and sliced banana...its quick, tastes amazing and keeps you full for ages :D x
  • lorriann72
    lorriann72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Natural fat free yoghurt with Granola for me or a poached egg (takes 30 seconds in the microwave) on a slice of toast !

Good luck :-)
  • ejackson127
    Options
    My cousin sent me some weight watchers recipes that are sooo easy 200 cal or less. They are eggbeaters microwaved in a mug. They are called bean n cheesy soft taco in an egg mug, all american egg mug, say cheese egg mug, veggi eggs-plosion mug, its all greek to me mug, Never cared for eggbeaters but these are tasty. I will see if they can be saved for you to search. Made in 5 min or less. Let me know if you can not find them. Good luck.

I love the Egg Mugs... those are all actually from a book called Hungry Girl 200 Under 200. It has a ton of great recipes all under 200 calories!