Looking good for the New Year- challenge!

Options

Replies

• ReneeJM
    ReneeJM Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I did 50 knee pushups and I got my water in! Woo Hoo!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Feeling good today! i have let go of all negative feelings of the plateau; its up to me to change my situation! Training for 5k today and doing a Jillian Micheals workout, what workout does everyone else plan on doing today?
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I did 50 knee pushups and I got my water in! Woo Hoo!

AWESOME Renee!! Keep it up!
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    Good morning! Feeling good today! i have let go of all negative feelings of the plateau; its up to me to change my situation! Training for 5k today and doing a Jillian Micheals workout, what workout does everyone else plan on doing today?

Morning LaToya! Great attitude to have about your plateau! Unfortunately, it's just one of those evil things you have to deal with when you're losing weight. You keep doing what you're doing, and something will happen. It'll catch up!

I'm gonna get my 50 pushups in, try for a walk this evening. Also, we're going grocery shopping tonight and I think i'll finally stop and get my gym membership!

Have an awesome day!
  • nikmay
    nikmay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am disappointed I still havent found the time for working out but proud of the fact that I have been avoiding pop and drinking my water and feeling less sluggish only with my small changes. Now need to encourage hubby to cook better dinners so I dont have to keep forming the rest of my days calories around that meal because I know what he is planning. Ahh the trials and tribulations of a commuting working mom.

Keep up the good work everyone. Way to go on the workouts. Very inspiring.
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    I am disappointed I still havent found the time for working out but proud of the fact that I have been avoiding pop and drinking my water and feeling less sluggish only with my small changes. Now need to encourage hubby to cook better dinners so I dont have to keep forming the rest of my days calories around that meal because I know what he is planning. Ahh the trials and tribulations of a commuting working mom.

I hear ya Mama! I am also a commuting working mom. It's very hard to find time. You're lucky your hubs cooks for you! I get home from work and have to find time to cook on top of everything else! LOL. My dinners aren't always healthy. It's so hard to cook for a family and keep it at what you want your caloric intake to be for dinner. I always just remember to watch my portions with dinner. What's you schedule like? Maybe some of us can help give you some ideas on when you can squeeze in a workout!

Great job on cutting out soda and drinking your water!! That's a great first step.
  • dietfree2012
    Options

Morning LaToya! Great attitude to have about your plateau! Unfortunately, it's just one of those evil things you have to deal with when you're losing weight. You keep doing what you're doing, and something will happen. It'll catch up!

I'm gonna get my 50 pushups in, try for a walk this evening. Also, we're going grocery shopping tonight and I think i'll finally stop and get my gym membership!

Have an awesome day!

im so proud of all of you who can do 50 pushups!! i suck at them!! aiming for at least 25!
  • dietfree2012
    Options

its very very hard. time is something i would buy, lol! when i 1st started working out i felt as if i was taking time away from my family and got depressed about it and stopped (im a mom of a 11 month old and a 2 year old and a wife that works..so i feel your pain :sick: ) then i got depressed about not working out, lol, go figure. the only thing that has worked for me is home dvd's. its the only thing i can stick to and not taking away time from my family. i started with Jillian Micheals 30 day shred and let me tell you, if you want a real workout, get Jililian! i was weary of home dvd's but she makes you feel as if you are in bootcamp!! I lost 10 pounds in a month! I am now doing her dvd Ripped in 30. Im only on week 2, so i have no result stories. The kicker is finding time to do the dvd's. In order for me to have family time and work i wake up at 4:45 am to workout..yeah 4:45...it sucks but i get a great start on my day, im on time to work, and i miss zero family time. This has also pushed me to go to bed at a decent hour and get sleep!! its working out for the best! I am now training for a 5k so i take 1-2 evenings a week to run at 8:30 pm around my neighboorhood before it gets dark. Its only 2 evenings so i dont feel so bad and its right when kids are put down for bed and when i return ther is a little time left for us adults :heart: ok enough about me...if you need encouragement or dvd suggestions im here!! i just really felt your pain. its hard to give to yourself when you have so many people to take care of!
  • dietfree2012
    Options

I hear ya Mama! I am also a commuting working mom. It's very hard to find time. You're lucky your hubs cooks for you! I get home from work and have to find time to cook on top of everything else! LOL. My dinners aren't always healthy. It's so hard to cook for a family and keep it at what you want your caloric intake to be for dinner. I always just remember to watch my portions with dinner. What's you schedule like? Maybe some of us can help give you some ideas on when you can squeeze in a workout!

Great job on cutting out soda and drinking your water!! That's a great first step.

its very very hard. time is something i would buy, lol! when i 1st started working out i felt as if i was taking time away from my family and got depressed about it and stopped (im a mom of a 11 month old and a 2 year old and a wife that works..so i feel your pain ) then i got depressed about not working out, lol, go figure. the only thing that has worked for me is home dvd's. its the only thing i can stick to and not taking away time from my family. i started with Jillian Micheals 30 day shred and let me tell you, if you want a real workout, get Jililian! i was weary of home dvd's but she makes you feel as if you are in bootcamp!! I lost 10 pounds in a month! I am now doing her dvd Ripped in 30. Im only on week 2, so i have no result stories. The kicker is finding time to do the dvd's. In order for me to have family time and work i wake up at 4:45 am to workout..yeah 4:45...it sucks but i get a great start on my day, im on time to work, and i miss zero family time. This has also pushed me to go to bed at a decent hour and get sleep!! its working out for the best! I am now training for a 5k so i take 1-2 evenings a week to run at 8:30 pm around my neighboorhood before it gets dark. Its only 2 evenings so i dont feel so bad and its right when kids are put down for bed and when i return ther is a little time left for us adults ok enough about me...if you need encouragement or dvd suggestions im here!! i just really felt your pain. its hard to give to yourself when you have so many people to take care of!
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    LaToya! Boy am I glad to hear someone else gets up early. I went the exactly the same thing the last time I lost weight. Felt really bad for working out so many evenings and missing time with my son. (I then gained back all 30lbs I had lost and I'm miserable again!) This time I plan on going to bed earlier and waking up at 4:45 to go workout. It sounds nuts, but it's the only time I'll be able to get out and do it, so I've gotta!

Also, I'm doing 10 pushups 5 times a day for a total of 50. Soooo doable!
  • nikmay
    nikmay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks LaToya and MommyRobot for the encouragement. I am up at 5:30 now because I have to be out the door by 6:30 for my commute to work to be there for 8:30 and I dont get home til 7 pm and then its dinner and bed time routine with the 2 year old and by 9 when I have him finally to sleep, i give my husband half an hour of mindless attention while i do house chores and to bed by 9:30 for my early morning rise again. The commuting 3 hours a day, back and forth exhausts you . NOw having said all that whining LOL, I do sometimes get 2 work from home days so my new goal is to try and get in an hour on each of those days and then an hour on the weekend. I have also taken to sometimes staying at my moms one night a week just to cut down on my commuting so have to take advantage of those times and get my butt in the pool and gym there.

Since very new to this, I am working at the calorie counting and such, week 2 is going ok and now next week going to try and focus on adding the exercise.

I am enjoying this group and its motivation. Thanks.

LaToya - you can be my new hero - 11 months and 2 year old and training for a 5 km. Kudos Girl. My motto has always been, I dont run, not even when chased. Running is one thing I will never take up as an exercise but I might heed to your advice about the the work out videos and perhaps even get into the Wii. Fit and My Biggest Loser game etc. I will keep you updated.
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Thanks LaToya and MommyRobot for the encouragement. I am up at 5:30 now because I have to be out the door by 6:30 for my commute to work to be there for 8:30 and I dont get home til 7 pm and then its dinner and bed time routine with the 2 year old and by 9 when I have him finally to sleep, i give my husband half an hour of mindless attention while i do house chores and to bed by 9:30 for my early morning rise again. The commuting 3 hours a day, back and forth exhausts you . NOw having said all that whining LOL, I do sometimes get 2 work from home days so my new goal is to try and get in an hour on each of those days and then an hour on the weekend. I have also taken to sometimes staying at my moms one night a week just to cut down on my commuting so have to take advantage of those times and get my butt in the pool and gym there.

Since very new to this, I am working at the calorie counting and such, week 2 is going ok and now next week going to try and focus on adding the exercise.

I am enjoying this group and its motivation. Thanks.

LaToya - you can be my new hero - 11 months and 2 year old and training for a 5 km. Kudos Girl. My motto has always been, I dont run, not even when chased. Running is one thing I will never take up as an exercise but I might heed to your advice about the the work out videos and perhaps even get into the Wii. Fit and My Biggest Loser game etc. I will keep you updated.

Thanks for the compliment; one day at a time. we are all in this journey for a reason..i think WI FIt would be a fun thing to do!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Good morning! Didnt get my morning workout in, so i will have a busy evening! Lets make it a good one!
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    morning everyone! i am struggling this week!!! i am not seeing anything on the scale but a 3 pound gain and loss over and over again! i have been dealing with my baby girl, my first, going off to kindergarten and i am not doing well with it! i never thought this would be this hard :( i also have a sick little guy, he ran a 103 fever all day yesterday and has a fever this morning, luckily its only 100! i have not excercised like i need to i only fit one in and i am feeling yuck! so not looking forward to weighin in tomorrow morning:( tonight is preschool graduation so i am sure that will be an emotional train wreck yet again! then out to dinner at my fav italian spot, not looking good for me! but i will do the best i can and move on! hope you all have a great day today :)
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    morning everyone! i am struggling this week!!! i am not seeing anything on the scale but a 3 pound gain and loss over and over again! i have been dealing with my baby girl, my first, going off to kindergarten and i am not doing well with it! i never thought this would be this hard :( i also have a sick little guy, he ran a 103 fever all day yesterday and has a fever this morning, luckily its only 100! i have not excercised like i need to i only fit one in and i am feeling yuck! so not looking forward to weighin in tomorrow morning:( tonight is preschool graduation so i am sure that will be an emotional train wreck yet again! then out to dinner at my fav italian spot, not looking good for me! but i will do the best i can and move on! hope you all have a great day today :)

Morning! Sometimes life gets in the way. It's tough for sure. I'm not looking forward to the scale this week either. TOM makes me eat. Like literally forces junk down my throat...or that's what I'm telling myself he did this week. LOL grr.
  • elli0702
    elli0702 Posts: 16
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I'm new to the whole challenge thing -- so my question is, when we weigh in tomorrow, do we write directly on the googledoc, or write our weight here? Thanks!
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I'm new to the whole challenge thing -- so my question is, when we weigh in tomorrow, do we write directly on the googledoc, or write our weight here? Thanks!

Good Morning!
    You can write it here, I'll add it to the doc. :) Hope your week is going well!
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkAp7Yxm1PN7dExlSXhQcTBGdlpwMFJRSE9sTk5ESVE&hl=en_US

Here is the link to the google doc. If I missed anything, or messed something up, please let me know and I'll fix it. I'm still missing weights from some people, send them on in ladies!

Thanks so much for doing this, it looks great!!! Can't wait to give my updated weight tomorrow! :)
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I've been getting my water in, getting the (girly) push-ups in, and doing pretty well overall. Not actually losing weight yet, but I figure if I keep doing it right, I'll lose eventually, right?!?!

Today is a HARD day though, as my daughter began kindergarten! She's my first, and my stomach is in knots! I know she'll do great and is having fun, but still... I'm trying to keep busy and have been doing okay. Not eating too much though, as I'm just not feeling great. Smoothie this morning, and a salad this afternoon.

My son sat on my legs while I did leg lifts this morning, so that was "fun" for both of us! Okay, maybe just him! But, it felt good that I could do it! Now onto some serious cleaning to pass the next few hours until my daughter gets home!!!
  • SarahHays82
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great week!!! I finally lost a pound today! yay! Well I had gained 2 lbs when I weighed in Monday from my weekend getaway and so I finally have lost those 2 lbs plus another 1! So hoping for a good 'final' weigh in of the week tomorrow! It sure is hard to get back on track when you have/take a "weekend' off. Oh well, I think it was worth it lol :)
    The tip to get my water in early is working great! I feel like its not such a big hassle all day long if I have a huge chunk of it done in the morning! Shew maybe one day I'll make it to my 100 ounces a day goal that I have for myself!

Glad tomorrow is FRIDAY! :)