Looking good for the New Year- challenge!

Options

Replies

• elli0702
    elli0702 Posts: 16
    Options
    Sounds good. I'm actually pretty nervous about stepping on the scale tomorrow since last time I did I was up 6 pounds. I'm drinking water and crossing my fingers!
  • ReneeJM
    ReneeJM Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I had to travel today so I missed my early visit to the gym. I did get a walk up and down the steep hill to our house tonight. I still need to get my pushups done tonight. I hope for good results tomorrow!
  • elli0702
    elli0702 Posts: 16
    Options
    Oh dear --- Guess I'm the first one to "check in" Current weight is 165. (down from 170 this weekend, but I've still gained 5 lbs since starting MFP... a little discouraged :( ). Hope everyone else has some success on the scale this morning!
  • Sardine239
    Sardine239 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    SW: 232.5
    CW:230
    GW:190s

I'm in the process of moving, starting school, and working an internship so I haven' tracked my food well, nor did I have time to do the push-ups challenge, but I am hoping that this week will be more of a normal schedule and I can track everything better.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in: Week 1 - 193lbs
    Down 1lb from Monday, still up 3 from my "SW"

Oh well, last weekend was rough, this one will be better!
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I also had a rough first week. Let's get in the game ladies!! Let's KILL the next weigh in!! :)

SW-231
    CW-229
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am not weighing in this week as I am in Chicago visiting family this week and do not have access to my scale. Good luck to everyone.
  • hallzz
    hallzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've hit a bit of a lump at 5 weeks but am gaining ground. I started out with an incredible 7 pound weight loss and I was so motivated. I was thinking that some of it was probably water weight but was hoping to hold it off. However most of it did come back :-(. The good news is that I really am down 5 pounds from my starting weight. But it will look like 0 pounds lost since we started this challenge. I was being stubborn and didn't want to update my weight on MFP because it was depressing. So really I had a good week but my weight loss will not seem impressive.

CW: 169

I still haven't gotten around to measurements yet but will have to start that too.
  • ReneeJM
    ReneeJM Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weighed 197.5 today. Down 1.5 from the starting weight of this challenge. I'm trying to do just over 1 lb. a week so I am happy with that! I've done my pushups all three days so far! I'm really shocked that I could do them!

Have a great week everyone!
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've hit a bit of a lump at 5 weeks but am gaining ground. I started out with an incredible 7 pound weight loss and I was so motivated. I was thinking that some of it was probably water weight but was hoping to hold it off. However most of it did come back :-(. The good news is that I really am down 5 pounds from my starting weight. But it will look like 0 pounds lost since we started this challenge. I was being stubborn and didn't want to update my weight on MFP because it was depressing. So really I had a good week but my weight loss will not seem impressive.

CW: 169

I still haven't gotten around to measurements yet but will have to start that too.

It'll all catch up! My old trainer told me that week 5 and 6 expect to maintain or even gain. Good work!
  • SarahHays82
    Options
    With all the up and down weight this week I am down one pound! Not as good as I wanted, but it WILL be better next week!!! :)
    Happy scales to all! :)
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    yay!! everyonw is doing great!!!!!!! you all are awesome!!!!

my weigh in is 189.6!!!!
  • hallzz
    Options
    Oh ya and my goal for weight for end of year is 150 pounds, which is exactly one pound per week between now and the end of our challenge. A totally intimidating goal to me but so far I am losing at 1 pound per week so hopefully it will work!

I also missed the introduction. I am 37 years old and 5'10", I used to be an athlete but have fallen off the wagon in recent years. I have a boyfriend of three years, his dog, and my horse in my life. I am trying to work out at least 5 times per week and on the weekends we are doing what I have termed snrinsanity workouts (he calls me snrin - long story). My snrinsanity workouts consist of at least an hour of mixed cardio. Last weekend we went to a local park in the Philadelphia area and ran trails as a family (ie we brought the dog) - they were steep and intense! We did that for 30 minutes broken out into 10 minute intervals with swim breaks for the dog built in. The dog is Woo and he is a Bernese Mountain Dog who weighs in at 125 pounds or so! After the run we hiked back for about another hour at a good pace (as fast the Woo could go).

A great burn but then I bonked for the rest of the day. Sunday was snrinsanity cleaning! We had 14 guests at the house for dinner on Monday so we cleaned for about 8 hours. Then Monday was a hike around historic Philly with my family (5 miles of walking). The rest of the week I have been a bit of a slacker. Just one bike ride for 25 minutes, 15 minutes of Wii Zumba, and 20 minutes of rollerblading. I will have to go hard again this weekend to keep the weight loss working!

So now that I have rambled on for a long time I will sign off. Go Team!
  • stclairwargo
    stclairwargo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,
    i started this fitness pal on june 6 2011, my dauhgter who is short and weight and a health nut had it on her cell. so she got me into it. its a great way to loose and even if you don't you really do think before eating over the calories allowed, but you have to be honest and log the food intake. the only problem i have with this program is when you look up a food there are like 3-10 or more listings and if you pick the lowest number of calories you won't loose the weight but stay the same if you stick to goal calories so she and i both take the higher one and it helps us loose. she just found out she is pregnant and is flipping out shes not going to be a fatty. so she added 300 daily more calories but i am 6feet tall and she is like 5"4 and only 30 years old. i seem to be at a stand still i lost 15 pounds and i know that's a good record but i need to move more and loose way more thanks for your updates they make me want to loose and stick to it more.:smile:

6" tall

sw 262 june 6th 2011
    cw 247.2 aug.19 2011
  • hallzz
    Options
    Hey Looking Good for the New Year team - send me friend requests it will help to motivate me to see all of the great things that you do everyday!
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds this week!!! So I am at 187 now! only 27 more to go! :) Everyone is doing great, WTG!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pinkbee11
    pinkbee11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would like to join group! =):smooched:
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    Congrats to all the lady's shedding the "extras", I didn't weight myself this A.M. but will do it before I have lunch today..... I don't think I've lost much because I havnt exercise at all... I've been cleaning my Eating and HOuse as well.... :`) It's finally coming along... Have a Happy Day everyone.... :flowerforyou:
  • nikmay
    nikmay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok so i weighed myself this morning and did record the weight on here but I think there is something wrong with my scale. There is no way I could have lost 6 lbs this week but I weighed myself with the same scale i have been using and I did it 3 times like i always do so I will say my weight is 247.5 but I am not sure i am believing it.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    sw-154
    week 1- 155- up a pound but not mad..ive been in this same plateau for 2 months!! i feel it will break next week, im working hard.