Women are insane.

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Okay, seriously, I don't get the whole "make me a sammich" thing. If you're going to demand to be fed, which is fine and all, why not demand something better than a sandwich? I'm a great cook. I'm not making anyone a damned sandwich.

It is a joke guys make to needle ladies with the image of him sitting in a chair watching TV while she waits on him.
    Or at least that is how I always took it. tongue.gif

Are we related lol?
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    One of my favorite relationship books...."She's Crazy, He's a Liar, Now What?"
  • Celenasmith
    Options
    You have to be really careful when it comes to the stress part of it. From my own experience with having Crohn's disease (forever) stress always causes me to flare up and land me in the hospital.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I went through something similar, the girl and I aren't friends anymore, she had a melt down and I was the one who got handed the **** pile and the blame for no reason other than the fact that I was the only one still talking to her, it sucks...not to be rude, but ever think maybe it's not "women" that are the problem? You only have one female friend...maybe its not that all women are crazy...maybe it's just...

^ This. If you see a problem continuously playing itself out in certain situations, it's not necessarily one certain kind or gender of person that is the problem....it's you that is the problem.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I went through something similar, the girl and I aren't friends anymore, she had a melt down and I was the one who got handed the **** pile and the blame for no reason other than the fact that I was the only one still talking to her, it sucks...not to be rude, but ever think maybe it's not "women" that are the problem? You only have one female friend...maybe its not that all women are crazy...maybe it's just...

Hahaha I totally see where you're going with this, and it's not me. Like someone else said, I think I'm a magnet for psycho-girls.

But everyone is right! It's a relief she's gone, and I'm not going to let her bring me down! To the gym I go!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you will find that high school doesn't end with high school. There is a lot of drama and crap out there. You forgive and go back and the process keeps going until you finally realize enough is enough. Toxic relationships are just that and you do need to move on.

There are many petty, mean girls out there and plenty of people who will kick you when you're down. BUT they show their true colors and you find out who your true friends are. It's a good thing. It's not about quantity...but quality. :)
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Consider it a blessing sweetie:)) Some of the relationships we don't need to be in are the ones we try and hang onto. Forgive. Heal. and move on. I'm sure she'll grow up at some point. For now---you just keep on enjoying life!!! (w/o her and the drama).

and most of all....don't let these life circumstances derail your weight loss efforts:)) Stay focused!!

Good luck:))
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Exactly why I deleted my fb account all together. It is such a lazy social tool. Lazy in the sense that people can just look u up on fb to spy or creep on you instead of talking face to face or even on the phone. People are much. More brave on fb than in real life. As for losing that girl as a friend.... its probably the one nice thing she has done for you:) I've been screwed over by alot of my girl friends as well. Good luck to you!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    HA! This reminds me of this girl I know. I call her "The little sister I never wanted". We are in a womans group together. She always *****es about how women are drama so her friendships with girls never last, blah, blah, blah. Every woman I know that has met her talks about how YOUNG she is and how much drama she is.
    I've never had an issue with girls being drama. I have had TWO experiences with girlfriends that ended poorly and it was due to external influences. You attract what you put out.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    HA! This reminds me of this girl I know. I call her "The little sister I never wanted". We are in a womans group together. She always *****es about how women are drama so her friendships with girls never last, blah, blah, blah. Every woman I know that has met her talks about how YOUNG she is and how much drama she is.
    I've never had an issue with girls being drama. I have had TWO experiences with girlfriends that ended poorly and it was due to external influences. You attract what you put out.

I'm going to give you an "AMEN, SISTER" a "MHM" and a "PREACH IT, GIRL!"
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Seriously. All my friends are guys, minus one girl I considered a sister. She and I couldn't have been more different: she thrived on drama and chaos, always fighting with someone. I am the complete opposite; I lead a stress-free and happy life.

Things came to a head a few days ago, and she (gasp!) removed me from her social network. Part of me is bummed, especially because she felt the need to post some snarky facebook status about it before deleting me (really?!), but part of me is so relieved. Unfortunately, the stress of it has caused me to lose my appetite. I'm not really sad, just more annoyed, because the drama she created was just petty and immature. And she sucked me into it.

/end rant.
    You know as much as I love technology, I can see how destructive it can be with certain things like texting. Right now teen girls are some of the most vicious when it comes to internet bullying.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    I get great drama everyday. I instruct at a private Tennis club and the women there can be really "snarky". Not to mention I will see them smiling and talking to a "friend" then they will turn back to me and tell me the gossip on them.
    Men are easy. All I have to do is get them to re rack their weights.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Seriously. All my friends are guys, minus one girl I considered a sister. She and I couldn't have been more different: she thrived on drama and chaos, always fighting with someone. I am the complete opposite; I lead a stress-free and happy life.

Things came to a head a few days ago, and she (gasp!) removed me from her social network. Part of me is bummed, especially because she felt the need to post some snarky facebook status about it before deleting me (really?!), but part of me is so relieved. Unfortunately, the stress of it has caused me to lose my appetite. I'm not really sad, just more annoyed, because the drama she created was just petty and immature. And she sucked me into it.

/end rant.

First and foremost, despite what all those books say and second rate comedians might tell you, this isn't a man/woman thing. It's people/personal relationships thing. Sure there are differences in communication style, etc. But I think you will miss some learning opportunities if you define this as "an issue with other women." That's my opinion at least.

I don't know you, but I think I understand the situation you have described. You seem to be fairly grounded, so take this as only my experience - if it doesn't apply, ignore it. ;)

At some point in my life I had to wake up recognize that I had the ability to choose who I spent my time with. I had the ability to choose who I expended energy on. I know that sounds simple. For me it was profound and empowering. I had to OWN my choices. That meant looking in the mirror and asking myself why I was hanging out with people that frustrated me, or sucked the life out of me, or that I simply didn't enjoy being around. What was I getting?

I had to own who I was attracting into my life - the people that chose to spend with me. What was it about me that caused them to cultivate our relationship?

Finally, I had to stop complaining about my relationships to other people, at least in the context of "look how ****ty this person is being to me!" It is far to easy to present only my side of a situation under the guise of seeking help, when what I really want is for people to agree with me ("yeah, that person *is* being ****ty to you). I don't think it's wrong to seek comfort when we are mistreated. However, for me, I had to be very clear about that distinction: am I seeking comfort or truly asking for help? Because in the end, the only person I am going to be changing is me.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    We could skip all this drama if ya'll just stayed in the kitchen and make us men sandwiches.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    We could skip all this drama if ya'll just stayed in the kitchen and make us men sandwiches.

hehehe
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Dishwasher stopped working? Punch her in the face. trololo
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Hahaha I totally see where you're going with this, and it's not me. Like someone else said, I think I'm a magnet for psycho-girls.

But everyone is right! It's a relief she's gone, and I'm not going to let her bring me down! To the gym I go!

I don't really think you were picking up what I was laying down. It's ok though.
  • gotabayqh
    gotabayqh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    As we grow up, we learn that the one person who isn't supposed to let you down, probably will, and the one person that you never thought would be there for you is. You're going to have fights with your friends, you're going to lose some of your friends, you may even fall in love with one of your friends. You will eventually lose someone you love-and love someone you never thought you'd find. People are going to love you, hate you, love to hate you and hate to love you, but the ones you mean the most to will always be there.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I don`t think women overthink things as much as they just think things out in great detail.
    Ask a guy what he wants for a house and you will get a vague answer about "nice with a big back yard" or similar.
    Ask a lady that question and you will get a complete floor plan with all the colors of walls,carpets etc.

Love that analogy!

I kinda know how you feel, just went through this with a "woman" who I thought was my friend. Apparently age doesn't matter as she is ten years older than me. She handled far too many situations childishly & I'd had enough so I told her what I thought about it. So of course, she stopped talking to me. When I checked Facebook the next day she had removed me & the friends that I had made through her had de-friended me as well. Then she emailed me to say that if I ever considered her a friend to not ever try to contact her ever again - out of respect. Ha! Also, that she was blocking email addresses & such. So, finally I don't have to deal with the drama anymore! :-D
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I think women tend to be better drivers than men. Or more specifically, safer, drivers than us statistically.

If a guy is driving you are more likely to get to your destination sooner and it will probably be more fun. With women it will take a bit longer but you are less likely to be involved in an accident.

I think most women though can't PARK for crap. Sometimes it is just painful watching a woman try to parallel park. I have to resist every bone in my body getting in the car and taking over....

^ This!! The fiance scares the crap out of me when driving...but he does get us there a few minutes faster. :tongue:

But yes, women be crazy! :laugh: