Women are insane.

Options

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Back to the original post

To have a friend you need to be a friend.

Unfortunately the self centered drama queens never figure this out which is sad for them but good for you when you rid yourself of these relationships.

Take it from a person that weeded that garden...your life WILL be so much better. When the toxic drama queens are gone, life becomes boring in the best possible way! :wink:
  • ivy2009
    ivy2009 Posts: 75
    Options
    You should set a specific amount of time to be pissed or hurt or whatever. Let's say 24 hours. Confide in a close friend about it and get it off your chest. Then, when the egg timer goes off at 24 hours or whaever you set it at, let it go. Try your best to not think about it. Hand it over to whoever or whatever your higher power is, be it God, or love, or positive Karma or whatever power is bigger and better than you. HAND IT OVER, HAND IT OVER, HAND IT OVER.

Why? Because if you don't, then you are giving your sister POWER of you. Do you really want her to have power over you? If you keep going there, she will be controlling you. So HAND IT OVER TO YOUR HIGHER POWER AND LET IT GO.

It's like you take a poison pill if you don't let it go. Don't let her give you the poisin pill.

There must be some nice and good things about your sister, Or good memories you share. Each time your mind wanders to that icky place, think some good thought about your sister and take a pass on the poison pill and say no thanks and HAND IT OVER.

It won't be easy. Never is. We all deal with disappointing people in our lives, even family members at times. It's sad and maddening to be sure. No question. The only real question is what are you going to do about it? HAND IT OVER.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My "best" friend, if you can call her that anymore, has this issue with being center of attention. If she's not it, she quickly becomes whiney until she IS it. Case in point...my wedding July 10 this year. She was my matron of honor and couldn't seem to get it through her thick @$$ skull that this was MY day, not hers. Well, she had finally calmed down for most of the night until around 9pm or so (ceremony was outside at 7, then reception afterwards inside). She decided that she couldn't walk. Her back was in so much pain, she had to stay in a different room and send her sister to me to let me know. She wanted me to run to her and give her attention. I know how she is. Well, I wouldn't do it. So she decided to take some really powerful meds...her mother's prescription pain pills...and comes up to the reception acting all drunk or something. I didn't say anything to her at all, but my mom took her into a different room and gave her a nice screaming to, lol.

She hasn't talked to me since the day of the wedding. On Facebook, all she has done is "poke" me a couple of times. And I even sent her a message telling her about my dad (he has advanced Parkinson's and was literally on his death bed the day of the wedding, but thanks be to the grace of Jesus that he's better and in rehab now and coming home next week!). I actually sent the same message to a few people...all who seemed to care, right? She's the only one that never responded. I guess it's because she didn't have a better story about her dad to spew? IDK.

We just don't need people like that in our lives!!! After a week of not hearing from her, I was sad. But now, I am just pissed that I let her infiltrate my life so much in the past. She's obviously not a friend!!!

WOW she sounds absolutely draining!!! I am surprised she was that close to you to be matron of honor! I call those people "toxic" they will poison your spirit and drain the energy from you like a vampire!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Exactly why I deleted my fb account all together. It is such a lazy social tool. Lazy in the sense that people can just look u up on fb to spy or creep on you instead of talking face to face or even on the phone. People are much. More brave on fb than in real life. As for losing that girl as a friend.... its probably the one nice thing she has done for you:) I've been screwed over by alot of my girl friends as well. Good luck to you!

THIS!!!

I don't think it's just limited to FB, i have family members that want to have a full on discussion TEXTING. WTF is up with that? I hate complicated text msgs or when someone tries to have a full on conversation with me. Uh, no - let's have an ACTUAL conversation. Some people just have no guts and like to play those passive-aggressive games. Screw that. You're better off.
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    MEN are just as guilty at creating DRAMA, my ex husband is one of them and I have been surrounded by DRAMA QUEENS my entire life. Don't blame it all on the ladies.. men are all just as guilty.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    MEN are just as guilty at creating DRAMA, my ex husband is one of them and I have been surrounded by DRAMA QUEENS my entire life. Don't blame it all on the ladies.. men are all just as guilty.

Nope, most of us men try our best to IGNORE and AVOID drama. We just don't care about causing drama like most women do.
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yeah dude, men DO create drama. Men claim they don't but they DO.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Yeah dude, men DO create drama. Men claim they don't but they DO.

More like...women's reaction to men's lack of reaction creates drama.

As always, when discussing gender based traits...the disclaimer that nothing is cut and dry, and there are exceptions to the rule apply on both sides.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    crazy-woman-gif-o.gif
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I noted Sara has a cat in her profile pic...perhaps cats are the way to go. They don't have Facebook.............yet
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Isn't saying "women are insane", kind of like saying "fat people weigh too much"?
  • synchkat
    Options
    I wonder if there's a men are dorks thread. :p
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Isn't saying "women are insane", kind of like saying "fat people weight too much"?

No, because that's body shaming.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Fire one up!
  • synchkat
    Options

Fire one up!

Meh
  • ncboiler89
    Options

Fire one up!

Meh

Well with that attitude it's not going to happen
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    woman are goddess and i can not wait until we rule the planet
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    woman are goddess and i can not wait until we rule the planet

In a sense, I think ya'll ready do.
  • synchkat
    Options

Fire one up!

Meh

Well with that attitude it's not going to happen

I know eh
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You are creating more drama by posting on yet another social website. If you really don't think you're on the same level, why are you doing a similar thing? Rise above it.