Hundred Pushups Challenge - DECEMBER

Options
124»

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Challenge Fitness Chick!

Sorry I can't help you on the wall push up thing. I understand the question. I just don't have an answer. A wall push up almost sounds harder than a floor one.

I do the girl ones, why because I'm a girl! Honestly though it's because if I did regular ones I'd do one and then die. So I thought it would be better to start slow. After I make it through this way I might try the big kid kind!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi Fitness_Chick! I haven't done pushups on the wall, but I would think that you would just want to keep your arms basically in line with your shoulders, with your hands a little wider than shoulder-width apart. I just tried doing some and they actually seem to be working slightly different muscles than on the floor. You might put your hands slightly lower on the wall than your shoulders so it's a little closer to a straight movement. I'd say as long as your shoulders don't hurt, and you feel like your arms are working, then it's probably fine! :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hi Fitness_Chick! I haven't done pushups on the wall, but I would think that you would just want to keep your arms basically in line with your shoulders, with your hands a little wider than shoulder-width apart. I just tried doing some and they actually seem to be working slightly different muscles than on the floor. You might put your hands slightly lower on the wall than your shoulders so it's a little closer to a straight movement. I'd say as long as your shoulders don't hurt, and you feel like your arms are working, then it's probably fine! :drinker:
    Thanks cp005e:drinker: :wink: That's helpful on the tips...also wasn't sure on how far apart my feet should be....:laugh: :laugh: OK OK, so maybe I'm now getting a bit obsessive?:bigsmile: I'm doing them but wanna make sure if there's any tips to be had....I get them:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks again for taking time to respond cp005e:bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • cp005e
    Options
    OK! I decided since it was New Years Eve I should go ahead and test. I managed 85! That's 5 more than my last test! I'll be doing week 6, day 1, level 3 again tonight.

FC - I think you're doing fine! Some people put their feet together; I keep mine slightly apart (maybe a foot :wink: or less). There are lots of modifications for pushups you can do if you are looking to work slightly different muscles. For example, if you put your hands together in a diamond or triangle shape (with your thumbs and forefingers touching and making a diamond shape), you may find that it works your triceps a little more. If you want to go through the whole challenge, it might make sense to pick a style/position and stick with it for a while so it's easier to see your progress in that position. Once I get to 100, I am probably going back to week 3 or so and work on going down deeper and maybe slowing down (right now I do them just as fast as possible to get through). But I'm not changing anything until I get there! :tongue:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I am a BAD pushupper! Back on the wagon tomorrow at the latest. Don't believe me? I put it on my calendar! LOL

Good job, CP! 85 is darn close! I'm so proud of you!!

FC - I do mine on my knees! :bigsmile: Start on the floor with my hands by my chest, move them out a few inches & go go go!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    WOW cp! 85, congrats!

I did week 2, day 2, level 2 today. That's 10,12,9,9,13 I feel good when I finish, like I accomplished something. I can't wait to be able to do 100!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Hey Ya'll

I'd like to start the challenge, I'm going to do my initial test today and then start everything sunday. I guess there will probably be another thread for january then lol oh well just wanted to stop in and say Hi.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Welcome supermom! Join us over on the new thread for the new year:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/33474-hundred-pushups-challenge-for-2009-january