5'5 gals! Show me your progress!!

Options

Replies

• bybybelly
    Options
    5'5 here:)

SW B4 MFP: 224
    SW MFP: 217 (Jan. 21st. 2011)
    CW: 206 (Got down to 195 but gained 10lbs back this summer:(!)
    GW: 155

I also am big boned. People can't believe I weigh as much as I do because I hold it well. I can't see myself under 160'ish but my goal is 155 range. I would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy:) Before I got pg for the 1st time, 14 years ago, I weighed 135 and I was a stick. No boobs, no butt, nothing!!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    bump
  • larak2011
    Options
    Hi, You and I have the exact same Start, current and goal weight,,....not to mention I started in July and we are the same height.:happy:
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm a lil over 5' 5" ~ enough that I can get away with saying 5' 6" lol. I started at who knows what ~ I think around 190something, I stopped drinking cokes/mt.dew and dropped from a size 16 to a size 14. Then I started on here. I was 183 when I started an I'm 181 now (or 180, cant remember which ~ its been a really long day LOL) I have had a few hold ups like TOM an eating to much sodium but thats starting to go away now :)
    My goal weight is around 140 ~ the smallest I've EVER been was 150 (at 17 yrs old) and everyone told me I was small enough. However I remember my tummy not being totally flat, just a lil pudge so I set my goal to 10lbs less. Might end up more with toning, dont know, I'll have to wait and see :)
    Most of my weight is in my stomach, so nobody believes I weigh what I do and I HATE to tell people what I weigh. I've only started since I've been on here and only to a few people, ones who are supporting me and helping me to get fit.
    It always has and probly always will bother me that I'll never see 125 on the scale, but I've got to get over that lol but I'll probly never ever admit my weight to many people.
    Everyone on here is doing a great job on losing and seeing some 'big boned' women is really helping! Several of you are my 'bone size' and you look amazing!! I just hope I look that good when I get to where I want to be :)
  • NHLove88
    NHLove88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I only just started but I'm 5'5 & here are my goals!

Starting weight: 190 lbs
    Current weight: 189 lbs
    Goal weight: 135 lbs & then I just want to get toned

btw, everyone looks great! So inspiring - I love this website!! :D
  • arispawild
    Options
    Height 5'4 3/4

SW: 130 -ish
    GW: 125
    CW:120
    :)
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    anybody on here a big boned 5'5 gal? I'm 5'5 but I don't know if I'd be able to get below 160.... That's my goal for now and then I will reassess once I get to the 160s.... My first goal had been 145-155 but then I up'ed it to 160... what do you ladies think?

I am, and I'm shooting for the same initial goal of 160 even though I have much further to go. The smallest I've been as an adult was when i lost down to 157 from 194 around the age of 22, and I could wear any sz 10's and a few sz 8's. I have a large frame that is fairly muscular, and I'm working out more consistently than in previous weight loss attempts. I'm curious how my body shape will differ this time around. I would love to get down to 130 (or less), but the last time I weighed that I think I was in grade school. So basically, my plan is to reevaluate when I get to 160. Good luck to you! :)

I am 53 yrs old and 5'5". I am large framed and pretty muscular. Starting weight was 277 and current is 247. I am shooting for 160'ish. I am not working out as much as I did when I was younger, but still like to stay active with walking, bike riding, some tennis. I have a little home gym set up with a treadmill, bike, universal and a bench. Have a nice array of weights, kettlebell and DVD's such as yoga and Slim in 6. I use a Body Media Fit which I wear pretty much 24/7 to accurately track my calorie burn and steps taken/day. That has been a huge help for accuracy.
  • klacoille
    Options
    I am not 5'5" but 5'4.5 so here goes
    SW 178
    CW 169
    GW 145

I have never shared with anyone my weight.

Lol, I tell people I'm 5'4.75.
  • plentyofnothing
    Options
    Bump.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Second batch.

9803216_3022.jpg

9803216_9603.jpg

9803216_3353.jpg
  • eachatman
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'5 and I recently started tracking my food and doing the Fit Yummy Mummy program. I am truly inspired by the success stories and determined to lose weight and tone up. After getting down to 150 lbs and size 8, I got remarried and had another baby. My oldest is 19 and youngest is 2. I recently turned 40 so it is very important for me to accomplish this. I will definitely be keeping up with this thread! :flowerforyou:

SW: 187
    CW: 180
    GW: 150

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Phil 4:13
  • Thetera
    Thetera Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    184002_10150237212971734_530966733_7162387_5679955_n.jpg

Thetera -- you look great in these photos, and I think it's great that your parents are fit at 50. I just have to ask...who drives the Scooby Doo van???? That's too cool....my kids would be ENVIOUS.

Aryn -- I think you look great. And I'm like you, I thought below 140 would be impossible, but I'm 138 right now, and I've had 2 kids...so it IS possible. And it's possible without starving yourself. Hang in there!!

aww thank you! hahah i wish my parents drove the scooby doo van XD i found it parked next to my car while i was on vacation last year! i reached 19% body fat today at 135 pounds, which is insane, i never thought i would be an athlete like my parents but now i am! i officially love every single percentage point of fat on me :)
  • AlwaysSarah87
    Options
    SW: 210 In Jan
    CW: 187
    GW: Not sure yet haha
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I have lost 26 lb so far and this is the difference in my face...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/334036-woah-where-did-my-other-chin-go-d
  • Glow87
    Glow87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Seen as we are all around 5"5 ish...... I was wondering if anyone knows what the "government/health professionals etc" would consider an ideal weight for us.

At the moment, i am overweight..... but my aim is not really to be "skinny". I want to be happy in my skin, retain my curves (actual curves - not another way of describing my fat).

I've set my GW at 154lbs (11stones) - at which point i think I’ll be pretty happy. Obviously I’d have to get there and decide if I want/need to lose more. But when I was at 11 stone before.... I believe I looked pretty good.

What do you all think? Am I being delirious by “settling” for 154lbs?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Everyone carries their weight differently. And even at different times in our lives, WE carry the same weight differently. If you look and feel great at that weight, that's the right weight for you. It doesn't matter what anyone else wants to weight. And it's not like you're carving it in stone. You can reassess your goals as you go along. You might be happy before you get there, or you might want to lose a few more.
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Everyone carries their weight differently. And even at different times in our lives, WE carry the same weight differently. If you look and feel great at that weight, that's the right weight for you. It doesn't matter what anyone else wants to weight. And it's not like you're carving it in stone. You can reassess your goals as you go along. You might be happy before you get there, or you might want to lose a few more.

Off topic but I love your ticker!
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and a half. I also have heavy bones. I finally decided I needed to do something about my weight. I am not really going for a number, but feel good and healthy and just really enjoy wearing whatever I wanted and wear a bathing suit. without really feeling uncomfortable. I am now at 144 from 163. I would like to lose my belly which is my next goal my lightest has been 135 and that was before 3 kids and about 10 years ago.

DSC_0145.jpg
    photo.jpg
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    TINA THANKS HUN! Wow someone mentioned being 5'5 150 and a size 8..im still a 10 and Im 147..funny how all body shapes are different
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!