Found this. About to do it. May die.

Options

Replies

• dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I just had my daughter time me on this telling me when to start and stop and what was coming up next. I went full throttle the entire time, HRM says only 35 calories. Not even close to what I burn during a 40-60 minute run.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Okay. Just got done. I think I was giving it my all but there is always room for improvement.
    HRM: 34 calories, 30 calories adjusted.
    Heart rate: Average 147 (81%), max 158 (87%)

By burning as much as a 40-60 minute run they must be including the raised metabolism.

I got 35 as well going full throttle ...
  • myslma01
    myslma01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    what is a squat thrust or a burpee?? Sorry, I am new to these things.
  • chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION!!

Here is the link of the guy explaining it, showing you the workout and timing it... I just do it with the girl so I don't have to worry about my time. I have it saved as a favorite. I find it boosts my metabolism even if it doesn't burn the initial calories. I'm going on my third week here, almost 7 lbs down, been doing this for a few days. It's all explained in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AimPOSXe7n4&feature;=player_embedded
  • teenytinygoals
    teenytinygoals Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    can someone email me the picture or a link to this workout. i REALLY want to try it. i could see the image earlier but now i cant, and i didnt save it :(:(:(:(

tiellearay@gmail.com

please and thanks!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Yeah...you're gonna die!

I do a variation of this 2-3 times a week. My Tabata training consists of four different exercises - pick whatever you want, or use the ones on the OP's list. Some example exercises include:

Burpees
    Mountain climbers
    Push-ups
    Lunges
    Bicycles for abs
    Planks
    Squats with dumbell shoulder press
    Variations on these............

First exercise - do for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds. Repeat 8 times (4 mins. total). Rest one minute.
    Second exercise - same timing as the first, and so on for all 4 exercises - 8 sets of 20 seconds, with one minute rest between each different exercise.

The whole thing takes 20 minutes and I usually burn about 100 calories per session. You're supposed to go as hard as you can during each 20 second set. This type of high intensity interval training (HIIT) is highly recommended as a fat-loss regimen and is supposedly much more effective than steady-state cardio (say, 45 minutes on the elliptical at a steady, somewhat difficult pace). I personally have had great success with losing the last 10 pounds or so using this method, and it's a great time saver.

The one the OP posted is a LOT harder. Good luck!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Bump... gonna try this. :)
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for sharing!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    example of a mountain clinb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO5KVEoEbo4

example of a squat thrust http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8xR8maTo4
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • oAngieMaeo
    Options
    Tami, let me know! hehe
  • JJasMyself
    JJasMyself Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yep, def going to have to try this!
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Im doing Supreme 90 and one DVD we do is like this. It's called Tabata Inferno and it's 6 different rounds like this and it kicks my butt!

For the record I HATE mountain climbers!!!!!!!!
  • rachel1496
    Options
    I just finished it. I was pretty sure I was going to die right around the second set of mountain climbers but I like it. I don't always have time to fit in a 5K walk but I can always spare 4 mins.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I just died a little..
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a similar workout, and it works! Plus, saves alot of time for me. :P