Errrrmmm.... kind of embarrassing but need help (constipatio

Options
13»

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    coffee, green tea, fiber one cereals, eggs, etc. These are things that get me going - not necessarily just high in fiber. Also, try drinking a bit of lemon juice in your water. It really helps. For awhile, I was drinking 16 oz of water with a TON of lemon juice in it first thing in the morning before I ate anything and I would be going RIGHT away and then I'd eat...or sometimes I'd eat and then go, but either way, cleaned me out and felt great. It's supposed to help with digestion so you could drink it anytime of the day but it worked best for me in the morning. In the morning it's supposed to be cleansing for your liver or something.
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options
    No need for embarrasment! I'm a pedi nurse...try walking into a 12 yo male pt's room (when I am only 23) and asking the last time he pooped...get tons of facial expressions... :)

Anywhos I used to be the same way but my usual was once a week even up to a week and a half. Your body might just be trying to adjust to what you are doing to it. I was actually the opposite I never went and since I started working out and watching my calories I go every other day now.

As for advice as others have said increasing your fiber, water intake, stool softeners if needed, and if it ever becomes painful check with your doctor and see what they advise!