Your secret geekiness

Options

Replies

• kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    YES!! I'm loving all the geekiness here! This topic is awesome!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    mine are-

i love desk supplies! i love new pens and have the most awesome stapler (GIFT!) from a friend. it is a classic from the 70s and its teal and pink.

and i like to draft for fun, but havent done so in a while.

i have a sick obsession with office supplies too...i really should have limited access to the supply room :/
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i love entering competitions, used to sit for hours doing it :) x
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I read grammar books...is that geeky or nerdy?
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    mine are-

i love desk supplies! i love new pens and have the most awesome stapler (GIFT!) from a friend. it is a classic from the 70s and its teal and pink.

and i like to draft for fun, but havent done so in a while.

i have a sick obsession with office supplies too...i really should have limited access to the supply room :/

LOL! I know right........ there is just something so wonderful about a brand new file folder, esp when u can pick out the color and everything matches! :)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    *Hugs all of you* My People!

Gamer- FPS, Strategy, RPG MMORPG, Dice (AD&D)
    I need to find a new D&D group my old one got disbanded after our DM went on a rampage and killed all but 2 of our party.

Photography - Ive loved photography since I was a kid. My new thing is taking with my iphone. Also love photographing storms

Im a huge Fantasy fan. Love Ren Fairs and all things fantasy. Ill probably get my end goal tattoo something in elven script.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I run around my neighborhood wearing superman briefs and a red blanket tied around my neck looking for Lois Lane... speaking of which.... anyone seen Lois?

When I was 7 My Mom bought me some Superman Underoos for my birthday. I already had superman pajamas that came with a cape. I remember Throwing on my new underoos and that cape and "flying" around outside.

I am superman!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I collect GI Joes. Not the little tiny ones that are available now, but the original action figure, standing at 11 1/2 inches tall. I have in the neighborhood of 200 or so. No, dammit they are NOT dolls.
    Oh yeah, I'm a total XBox *kitten* too.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    BF and I have a game night every week with friends. Sooo many board games. =)
    I also enjoy Starcraft and I gave up WOW several years ago, it broke up my marriage. lol

I've seen WOW do a lot of damage to marriages, friendships, and people's careers. All in moderation I guess.

WoW wasn't the only thing that broke up my marriage, but it helped. I couldn't be more grateful, lol WoW also brought my boyfriend and I together, so it worked out.

I've been playing since '05 or '06. I forget when. got 2 85s and 7 characters 80+ ... one of every class but DK. I've tried 4 or 5 times to level a dk, but I just don't like how the class mechanics work. It's not for me.
    /350ish days played across all of my current characters. It's nuts to think that I've wasted close to an entire year sitting in front of the comp playing WoW.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    I run around my neighborhood wearing superman briefs and a red blanket tied around my neck looking for Lois Lane... speaking of which.... anyone seen Lois?

When I was 7 My Mom bought me some Superman Underoos for my birthday. I already had superman pajamas that came with a cape. I remember Throwing on my new underoos and that cape and "flying" around outside.

I am superman!

Oh yeah... well maybe my mom bought me the same underoos and that's what I'm wearing. So what if they're a little tighter and a slightly faded. My cape is better than your cape. My mommy said so.

I am SuperMan!!@!
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am an EQ widow! :o(

Funny enough, I've gotten used to it and when my husband isn't playing, I sometimes have a hard time figuring out what to do!! LOL!
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    a ton of things
    right now at the top of the list is

everynight I try on two dresses, four pairs of jeans, and a pair of slacks.

I watch Glee

I'm really good at Cranium
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    These "Superman" posts are making me think of The Iron Giant, and now I am tearing up at work. :frown:
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty geeky methinks, but it's all out in the open for everyone to see. Let's see here.....

1. Met my husband on a MUD (Multi User Dungeon for those who don't know), some 12 years ago when I was an "Immortal/Dungeon Master" and had one of the highest level female characters on there, having remorted (gone through 10 incarnations of her) multiple times to get there. One of my favourite hobbies was slaying the resident red dragon with pet griffins, lol.

2. Been playing on video game consoles and computers since I was 5 (first was a nintendo with mario brothers, woot woot!)

3. Between the two of us, hubby and I have a small (but growing) collection of various video game/TV show/movie memorabilia. We have a hungarian horntail sculpture/bookend from harry potter, a Tardis from Doctor Who (that actually makes noises!!), a sack boy stuffed toy, a claymore sword (3 guesses ;)). I also proudly wear my "University of Gallifrey" t shirt on a regular basis.

4. Between us, we've got so much computer hardware and consoles that it's taking over our apartment (plus more in a storage unit), so much so that our dining table is now used as a computer table. Old amigas, macs, PS3 and peripherals, etc, all over the place.

5. Love watching all the Star Trek episodes from TNG and Voyager. Also, really love Doctor Who (quote him on a daily basis - "Allons-y" anyone?), Battlestar galactica, LOTR (seen it so many times now can't even remember) and Harry Potter (again, seen these sooo many times).

Hmm, that's about it for now, oh and we also have a rubik's cube collection, and I work as a clothing designer in a 3D virtual world, hahaha.

edit: Forgot to add, used to be addicted to EQ, but stopped playing for fear I would never see sunlight again. Never got into WOW for that very same reason, lol
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    These "Superman" posts are making me think of The Iron Giant, and now I am tearing up at work. :frown:

There are two kinds of metal in this yard: scrap and art. If you gotta eat one of them, eat the scrap. What you currently have - IN YOUR MOUTH! - is ART.
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    Love Cranium! Our newest obsession is 7 Wonders and Citadels I love having the friends over and discovering new board games.

I'm loving them more than the MMORPG's because there is less drama and everyone is always in a good mood vs getting yelled at if you are not standing in the right spot and you get aggro and your whole group gets slaughter... and maybe, just maybe I did that on purpose. No one will ever know! Muhahahahaha! /giggle
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I drive all over town to all the thrift stores looking for books. Books are literally taking over our house.

We are serious Chuck fans (doesn't get much geekier than Chuck) We even dressed up as Chuck and Sarah for Halloween last year.

We make homemade sausage every year. That includes the grinding, seasoning and packaging. I don't know if that's geeky but people always look at me weird when I tell them.
  • msbeavert
    Options
    I also want to be your best friend.

Mine...not so secret really, but here goes.

1. Going to the PA Ren Faire tomorrow; been quite a few times in years past and love it. Thinking of dressing up this time!
    2. I read graphic novels....yeah yeah...comic books.
    3. I play D&D (did until my bro had to start K9 academy back up but we'll be starting again soon; and the newest edition sucks).
    4. I played WoW for awhile, before that I played Everquest (our very geeky 8 y/o daughter plays Wizards 101, can't imagine where she gets that from!).
    5. I've read LotR many many times and I'm currently planning my backpiece based on the Door of Moria.
    6. I want to build and live in a replica of Bilbo's house in the Shire; I'm short enough and could probably do it to scale!

I'm sure there's more but now I'm too busy daydreaming about my Hobbit home....
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    omg... im adding this now and writing later.. work is done for the day and i have to leave... but i love you all!
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Was addicted to blitz chess for a while.