TEAM WITHERING A WEIGH - WEEK 3 - (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES!

This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout
routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact
your team captain for ideas.

Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for
the team!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own
butt this week!

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge

Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches for the week. So a team of 20 would need
each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away!

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
as you are much stronger than you believe.
Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

Replies

• faye_daisy
    faye_daisy Posts: 148
    Options
    Oy
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Oy

LOL!

And... we have only 19... so we need to do about 210 - 211 crunches each.
  • faye_daisy
    faye_daisy Posts: 148
    Options
    Oy

LOL!

And... we have only 19... so we need to do about 210 - 211 crunches each.

owie my abs
  • amymoore728
    Options
    I can pick up some extra if anybody needs help with theirs. I am doing another challenge with a friend that requires an ab workout every night. Let me know if you need help.
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    Amy - that would be great!

TEAM - we will EACH need to do about 35-36 ADDITIONAL CRUNCHES per day for 6 days in order to reach that goal of 4000. (This is in addition to crunches that may be a part of the daily exercise challenges!!)

Yowza!!

GOING FOR ROCK HARD ABS!!!

If anyone can't pull off that many due to illness or injury - please post here so that one of us can pick up some extra!! I need all the ab work I can get - so I will take on some more too - LOL!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I can do at least 100 additional cruches in the AM and in the PM . LET"S DO THIS (in my cheerleaders voice).
  • ycc1964
    Options
    1.2lbs this week, I was hoping for more but I will take whatever I can get:ohwell:
  • LouD76
    LouD76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello girls (and Gary)...

I finally found the Week 3 Challenges.. .

OK... I'll do 50 ab crunches for 5 days (so 250 for the week just a few extra for any one that might have a short fall)... I do a 100 kick squats every day, so I will have to do 150 today.. oh wow...

I was with out a PC almost half the week last week (IT guy spend more time on it than I did :frown: ), so I didn't report all of my activities.. So just to make sure you guys know (Jules).. I have done all of the challenges... walked 5 miles in total last week as well.

Now the only bad this is I gained weight last week 2.8kg (6lbs) :sad: :noway: :explode: :mad: PLEASE TELL ME WHY!!!! I was under my calorie count every day.. (didn't always make the best food choices though) exercised like a mad woman (had TTOM as well ) and then this morning a gain. I checked earlier in the week and it was up already, was hoping it was just water or something but still it didn't come down. I've noticed before in the past that when I exercise a lot I gain weight. :brokenheart: I'm hoping that my body will adapt and start to show a loss and not go up. It is frustrating when you try so hard.
  • ycc1964
    Options
    Hi team, I off today so I'm getting an early start. I did not loose as much as I would have liked but I know it's from my diet I need to eat a cleaner diet. I am going home this weekend and hope they can see a difference so I am going to try very hard to eat well and I definetly would work hard with the challenge. This is what I've done so far:

50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops DONE

100 Abd crunches DONE

4 glasses of water DOWN

LET"S DO THIS

:bigsmile:
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Down 1 lb at weigh in this morning. I'm hoping for bigger numbers in the coming weeks, but at least it's moving in the direction I want!
  • ycc1964
    Options
    [PLEASE TELL ME WHY!!!! I was under my calorie count every day.. (didn't always make the best food choices though) exercised like a mad woman (had TTOM as well ) and then this morning a gain.)

I understand your pain but It may be your food choices, food choice is very important when it comes to weight loss. I've heard it said that 80% of weight loss is from diet. This weekI am going to try increasing fiber and protein to see if that helps may you should consider trying this as well.
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've also determined that salt is the DEVIL!
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    Now the only bad this is I gained weight last week 2.8kg (6lbs) :sad: :noway: :explode: :mad: PLEASE TELL ME WHY!!!! I was under my calorie count every day.. (didn't always make the best food choices though) exercised like a mad woman (had TTOM as well ) and then this morning a gain. I checked earlier in the week and it was up already, was hoping it was just water or something but still it didn't come down. I've noticed before in the past that when I exercise a lot I gain weight. :brokenheart: I'm hoping that my body will adapt and start to show a loss and not go up. It is frustrating when you try so hard.

Lou - I reviewed about a week of your diary... looks like you are mostly under on sodium - so that is good. (Yes skbruewer - salt is the :devil: !!) Keep up with the water - there was 1 day that none was recorded - dunno if that was just an 'oopsie' of not keeping track or not.

I suggest that you attempt 5-6 small meals per day (around 200 calories each depending on your calorie intake goals and try to have a protein source in every meal), making sure to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours. It looks like you may just be a breakfast/lunch/dinner person. Listed snacks were mostly coffee. TTOM did not help... never does. Retain water while you crave salty & chocolate yumminess! BLEH!

Don't give up!! I was bad - HORRIBLE yesterday!! I am not even sure I entered the right amount of calories in or burned. Thank goodness my weigh-in was from Sunday morning and not this morning - that's all I have to say!! I will take this as an opportunity to redirect and push a little harder this week.

WE CAN DO IT!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    I did 40 crunches this morning. Will complete the remainder of the challenges after class tonight. Ugh. Mondays are LONG.
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    My friends... there is a new challenge for SEPTEMBER. I will lead a team. I now need 6 DEDICATED people. (Already have 3 in addition to myself.) This will be a team of 10.

You MUST be willing to complete all challenges, report daily, and weigh in weekly. Please do not offer to join if you are not serious about it!!

Here is the link to the info post from Gary.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/317595-september-tribal-challenge-1000-people-5000-pounds
  • LouD76
    LouD76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Jules I would love to join you for the September Challenge.. Starting a womans adventure Boot camp on the 12th as well so all that in addition to the challenge will be great.

Thanks to all of your giving advice and tips.. Will look in to it. Hoping that this week will show some serious results.
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    Gotcha down Lou!
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    completed my exercise challenge for today
    and 100 crunches completed
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Here goes nothin.......
  • ShannGall
    ShannGall Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    50 SQUAT KICKS DONE... 3 SETS OF WOODCHOPS.... 60 CRUNCHES TOWARDS GOAL! 8 GLASSES OF WATER... UNDER CALORIES!